PDA

View Full Version : Ridd-ick: Assault on Dark Athena: Official Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

NarcissistZero
04-03-09, 04:22 PM
The game is out... got it from Gamestop today. I know it says April 7th everywhere buy my Gamestop has it and said Atari did not put a release date hold on the game, so they could sell it when they got it, which was this morning.

Game has a lot of graphics options, which makes it feel like a PC game. It also takes up the whole screen and has a small HUD/Reticule, which also makes it feel like a PC game.

Options were AA, AF, ambient occlusion, pixel color depth or something, shadows, textures, and a few more... pretty robust. Unfortunately with everything maxed I got some low framerates, especially in outside areas like the prison dock at the start.

Here are some pics... nothing special because I just started. These are with 4xAA and the game needs more than that. They're also without post-processing because I missed the option box.

http://www.abload.de/img/r0xmdo.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/r19bvt.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/r3ey2i.jpg

NaitoSan
04-03-09, 04:25 PM
You need to fix the screen ratio... it looks slightly stretched. :p

looks amazing as usual.

NarcissistZero
04-03-09, 04:26 PM
It's on auto.

methimpikehoses
04-03-09, 04:37 PM
MP action?

NaitoSan
04-03-09, 04:37 PM
change it to 16:10 or 16:9 manually. auto doesn't always work right. ;)

nekrosoft13
04-03-09, 04:59 PM
It's on auto.

long egg shaped heads are dead giveaway

jAkUp
04-03-09, 05:03 PM
Awesome!

crainger
04-03-09, 05:19 PM
Someone post old and new engine screens. NAO!

|MaguS|
04-03-09, 05:43 PM

Have you ever seen Vin? It's normal :o

I heard the game isn't as good as the original...

MaxFX
04-03-09, 05:48 PM
Great it's out allready, this should be good, dident have enough gfx power the last round so looking forward to this one!

And nice to hear it feels like a Pc Game, one more dev who have half the brain to give us some options :D

But those pics looks ugly, eeh Narsi are you jokin with us and gave us pics from the old game ;)

methimpikehoses
But it comes with the remastered original too, right?

crainger
Have you ever seen Vin? It's normal :o

I heard the game isn't as good as the original...

It's not. They replaced all the hard arsed male prisoners with strippers. ViN didn't want to look too gay.

nekrosoft13
04-03-09, 05:50 PM
But it comes with the remastered original too, right?

those screenshots are from the original campaign

methimpikehoses
04-03-09, 05:51 PM
those screenshots are from the original campaign

RGR, I have yet to play it. (sofahide)

nutcrackr
04-03-09, 07:59 PM
IGN said athena sucked, and I don't want to replay butcher with shinier gfx.

SH64
04-03-09, 08:44 PM
IGN said athena sucked, and I don't want to replay butcher with shinier gfx.
Thats it? i thought its a fully fledged expansion :(

NarcissistZero
04-03-09, 09:58 PM
Thats it? i thought its a fully fledged expansion :(

It's whole new game, along with the old game. He's just saying the new game "sucks"... which is what IGN says about everything not original.

Also that Hillary guy did the review, and he's an idiot.

NarcissistZero
04-03-09, 10:01 PM

I wasnt arguing whether it was or wasn't... just said that is auto right there. I only loaded the game up briefly... will play with it later.

P.S. It has online activation, for those who hate that... not SecuROM, I think it's TAGES.

Section-9
04-03-09, 10:14 PM
What version display drivers do you currently have Narcissist ? I try launching the game but I get a "Breakpoint" error when launching the game. :(

nekrosoft13
04-03-09, 10:21 PM
It's whole new game, along with the old game. He's just saying the new game "sucks"... which is what IGN says about everything not original.

Also that Hillary guy did the review, and he's an idiot.

how are the main campaigns combined?

|MaguS|
04-03-09, 10:24 PM
how are the main campaigns combined?

Athena takes place after Butcher Bay.

DeusGear
04-03-09, 10:27 PM
Just went through butchers bay again, now playing dark athena. Idfk what ign is talking about I'm having a blast again.

NarcissistZero
04-04-09, 12:55 AM
What version display drivers do you currently have Narcissist ? I try launching the game but I get a "Breakpoint" error when launching the game. :(

I'm still on the 185 betas, but I plan to revert to the last WHQL release soon.

Sazar
04-04-09, 01:21 AM
Will this game be released on Steam?

:eek:

NarcissistZero
04-04-09, 01:42 AM
Will this game be released on Steam?

:eek:

Atari has been ignoring Steam lately, sadly.

On the stretching issue... the game actually gives you a plethora of aspect ratio options, which is sweet. "Normal" seems to default to an anamorphic 16:9 image like Mirror's Edge or Assassin's Creed, "Auto" seems to pick whatever fills your screen, and then you can also select other aspect ratios based on width and height. It's pretty cool, you can even play the game in scope ratio, but I would bet most people will default to "normal" and play with no stretching.

No matter how much AA I apply the metal surfaces shimmer... game needs transperent MSAA or whatever it's called.