PDA

View Full Version : Supersampling AA in Crysis (Warhead) gone?

Skinner
04-04-09, 08:26 AM
Last time I tried to run Crysis Warhead with SSAA (2x2, enhance ingame aa enabled and 2 or 4x aa ingame enabled) via nHancer in dx9 and to my surprice it won't work anymore?

I'm running 186.65.
Is there something changed in these drivers, or am I missing something?

jolle
04-04-09, 09:03 AM
Maybe they did something to intentionally stop it from working.

I think there is some issue there when you use SSAA, Atleast I get a very transparent overlay in the image.
I think this is from some elements in the postprocessing that is done in half resolution (performance reasons), and SSAA rendering in higher resolution sorta clash with that, and it ends up not aligning with the final image, so you get outlines from stuff overlayed in the wrong place.

So It may have been intentionally disabled because of that.
Just a guess though.

Skinner
04-04-09, 09:10 AM
Maybe they did something to intentionally stop it from working.

I think there is some issue there when you use SSAA, Atleast I get a very transparent overlay in the image.
I think this is from some elements in the postprocessing that is done in half resolution (performance reasons), and SSAA rendering in higher resolution sorta clash with that, and it ends up not aligning with the final image, so you get outlines from stuff overlayed in the wrong place.

So It may have been intentionally disabled because of that.
Just a guess though.

In Crysis or in common?
In some games you have to tick the inhance ingame aa setting to get SSAA to work. (and in Fallout 3 for much better ssaa perf)
I got it to work in Crysis W a time ago, and it looked much better.
Also dx10 is tough to get SSAA'ed.

SSAA is the holy grail for me, it may be inefficient and a brute force methode, but the iq is unmatched by far..

jolle
04-04-09, 11:06 AM
I mean in Crysis Warhead specificly, using SSAA.
But since thats something thatīs prolly done in other games aswell, it can prolly happen in other games aswell.

I agree, SSAA is the ****, specially in vegitation heavy games with high IQ like Crysis, the cutscenes get a lot more cinematic without the crawling.

Skinner
04-04-09, 12:34 PM
I'd say the new driver causes your problem. nHancer didn't work for me with that set, so all those advanced AA modes are probably not working correctly.
Plus I got strange texture issues in a few games.
The new WHQL 182.50 is much better.

Most games I run with SSAA (UE3's) still working right
But the 185xx's are so much faster in this game (~20%). Warhead now plays like butter, a though call ;)

Skinner
04-14-09, 06:07 AM
Also 185.68 won't let me enable it.

Btw, I wonder if its possible to run COJ DX10 in SSAA? De benchmark supports it and it looks 10 times better on the foliage. (MSAA causes a strange raster)

kesker01
04-15-09, 08:37 PM
It works ;) here is how :

Use Nhancer 2.4.5 with fixed nvapps.xml file.(Though i guess that you might have it since you tried to force it through nhancer)

[For the ones who dont know what this FIXED nvapps file means : The nvapps file that lets Nhancer 2.4.5 version to be used on 185.xx drivers,i download that in this forum,it is either in 185.65 or 185.66 windows vista threads in the forceware drivers section

If you dont put that file into windows\system32,nhancer will crash so you have to put that in order to use 2.4.5 version on 185.xx series.]

Click profile in the upper menu and then click restore original driver profiles.

Select 181.22 nvapps_backup file or 182.05 nvapps_backup file.You should have them unless you installed nhancer after installing 185.xx drivers.

Select Crysis and Crysis Warhead in the list when prompted and click ok. Close Nhancer

After this,open nv control panel select enhance,2x aa.

Now open Nhancer again,select supersampling.

Open Nv Control panel and select nvidia recommend in sli mode(Sometimes it is set to single gpu by default after setting supersampling through nhancer)

This method does not work with Nhancer 2.5.0(newest beta),i also have not tested with other drivers' nvapps file.

Happy Supersampling:afro2:

Lets hope we will have RotatedGrid SS oneday as i believe that it is the best of all antialiasing modes.

Skinner
04-16-09, 01:05 PM
It works ;) here is how :

You should have them unless you installed nhancer after installing 185.xx drivers.

I just came from a fresh OS install, so I' don't have the previous profiles anymore :cry:
But thanx anyway,

kesker01
04-16-09, 02:05 PM
Here it is :afro::

http://rapidshare.de/files/46764091/nvapps_backup_18122.xml.html

Here is the FIXED Nvapps file that i mentioned before :

here is the fixed nvapps file
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?odtrjywyym2

to cure all nhancer ills ;)

Skinner
04-16-09, 02:31 PM
Here it is :afro::

http://rapidshare.de/files/46764091/nvapps_backup_18122.xml.html

Here is the FIXED Nvapps file that i mentioned before :

Well I got this already. But when I go back to say the 182.50 profile, will I lose the other newer pofiles too, or just the Crysis one?

kesker01
04-16-09, 03:00 PM
You should select crysis and warhead in the list when you go back.So clear the list except crysis before clicking OK otherwise yes you will lose the profiles.

Skinner
04-16-09, 04:00 PM
You should select crysis and warhead in the list when you go back.So clear the list except crysis before clicking OK otherwise yes you will lose the profiles.

I will give it a try :)

NODO-GT
04-24-09, 03:35 PM
it's impossible to get SSAA working in DX10?
i have tried lots of things to get it working, but nothing helped...
I have renamed crysis.exe, also used nhancer (2.4.5) with 182.05's Crysis profile
tried forcing and enhancing crysis settings... but still nothing worked
different AA compatibility modes...
what's more, i couldn't force any of AA modes, including usual MSAA...
with other games everything works just fine.

I'm playing with GTX260 (driver 182.06), using CCC 2.21 mod for crysis... DX10 as i said...

will switching to DX9 help?...