PDA

View Full Version : Official Detonator 40.xx Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

cmsmith
08-30-02, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Morpheus
Read above 4 posts please. I believe MikeC addressed the issues I was trying to make, before my thread has deleted and spread into posts. This feedback thread is too long(and too much garbage, trash talking), and doesn't adress the issue a few of us are trying to make, and someone keeps deleting the threads.

Yeah, Mike did make some good points if that's the way you want to go. One thing that I haven't seen here in regards to this:

I could've sworn this refresh nonsense was supposed to be fixed in Service Pack 1 when it comes out, which will hopefully be in a week or so. I'm concerned this isn't so since Nvidia decided to add a refresh rate fix to the driver panel. Maybe they just aren't aware of this? Who knows.

What's interesting is that I bet Microsoft won't fix the refresh problem via the registry. It'll be done the same way RefreshLock does it. When a game goes to full screen, I bet the OS will check what refresh the desktop was set at and force D3d into that same refresh rate or just use the max possible rate. Hopefully their fix will work with OpenGL too, assuming they put in a fix as I'm worried that MS would like to "forget" about OpenGL. NOTE: I think refreshlock works with OpenGL, that last sentence kinda looks like I'm saying it don't. C-ya!

Remi
08-30-02, 05:33 PM
Anybody having problem to playback videos encoded with Divx5.0.2 with the new detonators? Or am I the only one?

AngelGraves13
08-30-02, 05:35 PM
my NVDVD is out of wack. It doesn't play right sometimes and it doens't save pics anymore.

Matthyahuw
08-30-02, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Cat Called Domino
my NVDVD is out of wack. It doesn't play right sometimes and it doens't save pics anymore. Go get yourself the NVDVD update...

AngelGraves13
08-30-02, 07:50 PM
what version is the update? I have 1.22 full.

RAST
08-30-02, 08:07 PM
ok, since my damn thread was closed, I'll post my CoolBits **** here.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:ffffffff
"NvCplEnableRotatePage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\nv\Device0]
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage"=hex:01,00,00,00
"NvCplCpqConfiguration"=hex:01,00,00,00
"NvCplEnablenForcePage"=hex:01,00,00,00

I have the AGP Panel, but it does nothing and says nothing of my chipset or anything. And yes I do have an AGP Nvidia Card.

Thanks for the post! If you're interested just copy & paste to a notepad file, then save it with a .reg extension. Then double-click on the file you just saved and *BOOM* you got the changes!

AngelGraves13
08-30-02, 08:09 PM
anyone find any way to get the AGP settings working? 'Cause I wanna rock 'n' roll all ready man!!!

JonathanM
08-30-02, 08:12 PM
what version is the update? I have 1.22 full.

It's up to 1.71 now.

AngelGraves13
08-30-02, 08:14 PM
ummm yeah, where do I get it? leave a link or something man.

JonathanM
08-30-02, 08:27 PM
As mentioned on the front page of the site, it's available here (http://www.evga.com/support/utilities/NVDVD/default.asp).

For non-evga owners... I'd like to know where you got your copy ;)

Kruno
08-30-02, 08:27 PM
"The default setting on the new driver and the old driver are both the same. The problem that is being identified is a bug that occurs when the AF settings are changed. It seems that once the AF slider is moved away from 0 to another setting, then back to 0 again, it triggers a bug that causes the control panel to misread the register setting. That setting is not point sampling, but it is something less than 0. The only way to "reset" back to true 0 is by reinstalling the driver or deleting the registry setting.

We are going to fix this bug and others and submit the new BETA driver to WHQL, before the driver moves from BETA to "official"."

Funny. This is not happening to me.

AngelGraves13
08-30-02, 08:47 PM
non-evga owners as I have ways of getting what we want. *cough* it's um....all in the key. Change the letters and it's free.....I mean you're home free!

PsychoSy
08-31-02, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Jeex
IMPORTANT

[b] It is strongly recommended to uninstall previous versions of the Detonator Drivers, reboot, and then do a clean install.

This helps eliminate many of the problems some users are experiencing with the new 40.41 drivers such as:
- ultra-high monitor refresh rates becoming available,

How insanely high are we talking about here?

I just used Refresh Force and it detected that my monitor (Envision 780/780e) can do 640 x 480 @ 140 hz and that doesn't sound right for some reason. I am actually using the correct INF driver for my monitor that I grabbed from Envision's website, too.

I used to use NVRT but it doesn't work with these Dets. Regardless, I don't recall NVRT ever setting the refresh rate of 640x480 to anything higher than 100hz.

Hmmm...is there any Nvidia Driver & Reg cleaner out there that works with WinXP and later dets at all? If so, gimme a heads up so I can give it a whirl. Oh and BTW...I got a 1000 point increase as well for a total of 9060. Not too shabby! :cool:

CraigGen
08-31-02, 06:01 AM
Well, I'm still finding that NONE of the refresh rate programs work.

WinXP just ignores anything I put in them, and reverts to the refresh I'm using at the time.
This works on the Desktop, D3D, and OpenGL.
So if I have a 1600x1200x32 desktop at 75hz, then every single mode uses 75hz, regardless of the settings I put into ANY refresh rate program.

So I'm back in WinME for now, STLL waiting for some drivers.

I have noticed on forums and newsgroups, that many users are pissed off with NVidia, and are thinking of jumping ship to ATI.
Can you blame them ?

I paid 250 for my Ti4600, and not getting WinME drivers is not quite what I'd call support.

Remi
08-31-02, 10:49 AM
For the ones of you who likes some adventurous editing in the land of .inf files and refresh rates... :)

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/40.41/NVCompMode_UG_20.pdf

(nb that link is on the det. 40's download page)

Have fun!

JonathanM
08-31-02, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Remi
For the ones of you who likes some adventurous editing in the land of .inf files and refresh rates... :)

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/40.41/NVCompMode_UG_20.pdf

(nb that link is on the det. 40's download page)

Have fun!

Doh, how could I have missed that? :D

Morpheus
08-31-02, 12:03 PM
nt

sebazve
08-31-02, 12:33 PM
I installed this driver but i have only x0 to x2 (in Direct3D) and in OpenGL only Disable or Enable. Wtf is going on?:mad:

In the last set I could choose from x2 to x8 (in OpenGL of course)
Im using a GF4MX440

AshG
08-31-02, 02:40 PM
For those of you having refresh rate problems with these (or any!) drivers, there's this wonderful little program called reForce. I've used it successfully with both nVidia and ATI drivers. It is not memory resident, and does not have to be run at bootup or during games.

If you want to try it, you can download it here. (http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/) I love it, I have it as a part of my main Backup CD so it's one f the first things I install after a format.

Zarich
08-31-02, 02:49 PM
Anybody noticing that OpenGL applications are a lot more jaggie?

AngelGraves13
08-31-02, 08:23 PM
maybe you have sharpen textures on!!! And for those people pissed off about no Windows 9x/ME drivers......hello, wake up and get XP!!! They're not going to make anymore drivers for Windows ME anymore. Even ATI's new chip is only for 2000/XP and no 9x or ME support because that operating system can't handle it...it's an old operating system.

volt
08-31-02, 08:29 PM
There is no support for win95 and 98, microsoft still gives certification to winmil drivers.

AngelGraves13
08-31-02, 11:23 PM
what the hell??? I installed Nero and now my NVDVD says this "Unable to create DirectShow graph for DVD playback" and quits. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do I ahve to decide either to use Nero or NVDVD? Man......I'm pissed!!!!!!!!

HotCarl
08-31-02, 11:24 PM
After loading the drivers on 3 machines, 2 of them get "flashes" that show up covering either the whole upper half of the screen or the whole lower half. Kinda like V-Sync tearing only not quite. It always involves half the screen, not solid white just a lot of white garbage. If you load 29.80s, everything is fine. Battlefield 1942 shows the problem about every 60 seconds or so. Machine 2 has a refresh rate locker, #1 does not. Machine 1 shows 800 point increase in 3DMark2k1. Anyone else experience this?

Machine 1:
AMD 1800+
Win XP
Ti4600
Epox 8k3a+

Machine 2:
AMD 1700+
Win XP
GF2 GTS
Epox 8khal+

AngelGraves13
08-31-02, 11:28 PM
these drivers have caused no problems for me I think........unless my NVDVD is just being a stupid bitch!!! I installed Nero and it didn't work no more....I'm gonna have to uninstall Nero then....go back to stupid Roxio if I want to view DVDs on my comp with NVDVD. Sounds like a bad trade, but oh well......