PDA

View Full Version : display corruption

nonzerosum
06-10-03, 12:10 AM
anyone have:

(odd blue dots or yellow vertical lines) on dark backgrounds, especially where the icon moves? Disappears, sometimes with an F5 refresh.

I even see vertical lines of gobbledygook characters on the DOS bootup screens!

Here is the new pic with DOS:

Help this newbie!

nVidia Ti4200 (ASUS)
driver 4403
AMD Tbird 1G
I think my AGP is accel'd (to 2x or 4x)
ASUS A7V
512 Crucial 2-2-2
Samsung 700NF

Thanks,
nonzerosum

http://www.erin.utoronto.ca/~w3forpsy/DSC00024.JPG

Here is the new pic of DOS corruption:
http://www.erin.utoronto.ca/~w3forpsy/DSC00030.JPG

Nutty
06-10-03, 03:39 AM
your card is broke. Had the exact same thing on my 1st gf3 I got sent from nvidia. It eventually caused windows to crash. The memory controller on the gpu is fragged.

Nothing you can do but exchange it.

Tsunami
06-10-03, 04:23 AM
IT is true your card is broken the card does this when it can't blend in colour configurations also it maybe a faulty chipset don't try to fix it on the card itself it is an internal problem and you might void your warranty get it back to the shop asap and get a new one. Unless it's the wear and tair of time how long you had it

Tsunami
06-10-03, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Tsunami
IT is true your card is broken the card does this when it can't blend in colour configurations also it maybe a faulty chipset don't try to fix it on the card itself it is an internal problem and you might void your warranty get it back to the shop asap and get a new one. Unless it's the wear and tair of time how long you had it i forgot to mention that it might also have something to do with magnetism on the card try to earth yourself and touch the card to disperse the static ( take yor shoes of and touch the card) hehe

euan
06-10-03, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Tsunami
i forgot to mention that it might also have something to do with magnetism on the card try to earth yourself and touch the card to disperse the static ( take yor shoes of and touch the card) hehe

The last thing you want to do is earth yourself by touching the card! :) Before you handle electronics you should earth yourself, ie get rid off all static electricity on you). The best method is to touch an earthed metal object. The PC case is the best example of this. Although, you need the mains cable attached to the PSU, and remember to have the socket turned of at the wall so that the live is disconnected, or use the rear PSU switch! The PSU still supplies power to the PC when it's off (for remote on etc), so you don't want to pull out cards that are actually still powered up.

GlowStick
06-10-03, 01:04 PM
Yeah, its time to contact ASUSTek and ask for a new one!