PDA

View Full Version : Fear 2 serial in use

Pages : [1] 2

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 02:36 PM
WTF!!!!! :(

Any way to bypass steam? someones using my key!

|MaguS|
04-11-09, 02:51 PM
Um you should not need to by pass steam, just change your steam password and it should boot whoever is using your account since only 1 person can be logged in at any given time. I think even the retail product uses steam...

mailman2
04-11-09, 02:58 PM
I think even the retail product uses steam...

Correct.

OP is the pirate arrrrrggggghhh!!! Busted.

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 03:00 PM
tried that but no still says key in use. its a second hand purchase so i expected this to happen. what do i do??

|MaguS|
04-11-09, 03:02 PM
tried that but no still says key in use. its a second hand purchase so i expected this to happen. what do i do??

You cant second buy the game...

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 03:06 PM
You cant second buy the game...

Why not? anyone can go into a game shop and buy it new or second had.

Its not a pirate copy! ive got the official disk in my hand and its key.

|MaguS|
04-11-09, 03:08 PM
Why not? anyone can go into a game shop and buy it new or second had.

Its not a pirate copy! ive got the official disk in my hand and its key.

Because the game when you install it registers with your steam account so you cannot trade it in. If you bought it used then you wouldn't even be able to install it.

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 03:10 PM
Ah right i see what you mean. thing is someone did trade it and ive bought it. what do i do??

Can i bypass steam? i can provide pics if you dont believe ive got an official copy no problem.

nekrosoft13
04-11-09, 03:11 PM
haha, cool another person buy a used game from ebay and gets screwed.

mailman2
04-11-09, 03:12 PM
Ah right i see what you mean. thing is someone did trade it and ive bought it. what do i do??

Can i bypass steam? i can provide pics if you dont believe ive got an official copy no problem.

Nope - he should've never sold it. Broke the TOS. Once it's installed and registered its in their steam account.

Contact him for a refund.

nekrosoft13
04-11-09, 03:12 PM

nothing, throw it out, it is useless.

nekrosoft13
04-11-09, 03:13 PM
Nope - he should've never sold it. Broke the TOS. Once it's installed and registered its in their steam account.

Contact him for a refund.

funny thing is there is a lot of these and l4d on ebay being sold as used.

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 03:17 PM
It wasnt from ebay its from a game store. sod it ill find a key gen or steam bypass crack or something.

Thanks again.

mailman2
04-11-09, 03:29 PM
funny thing is there is a lot of these and l4d on ebay being sold as used.

yup. and people on Hardforum will argue that they can sell their copy of FEAR2 and L4D, idiots.

mailman2
04-11-09, 03:29 PM
It wasnt from ebay its from a game store. sod it ill find a key gen or steam bypass crack or something.

Thanks again.

What was the point of buying it then? Take it back.

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 03:36 PM
I would but no reciept. there must be a way of bypassing steam.

CaptNKILL
04-11-09, 03:37 PM
What was the point of buying it then? Take it back.

I agree.

Take it back and tell them that they can't resell games that can only be activated once.

mailman2
04-11-09, 04:04 PM
I would but no reciept. there must be a way of bypassing steam.

This must be a magical "fly by night", "here today gone tomorrow" store that doesn't print receipts cause it's selling illegal games... store. (lee)

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 04:05 PM
Funny. ive got a official copy! i dont download games i buy with hard earned cash!!

NarcissistZero
04-11-09, 04:07 PM
If you pirate it you're really no more in the right than if you just did that in the first place.

You could try emailing Steam and telling them you bought the game new, the serial says it's in use and you want to play. They will ask you to take a picture of the package and serial and send it to them. They might at that point disable the person who sold it's account and give it to you. Serves that dude right IMO.

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 04:10 PM
How do i do that? im gonna get this working i dont care how. this would be the best way to get the theif whos using my key that ive PURCHASED!! :-)

mailman2
04-11-09, 04:15 PM
Funny. ive got a official copy! i dont download games i buy with hard earned cash!!

Good luck with it!

NarcissistZero
04-11-09, 04:16 PM
How do i do that? im gonna get this working i dont care how. this would be the best way to get the theif whos using my key that ive PURCHASED!! :-)

Just submit a Steam support ticket... tell them you bought the game at a local independent video game store and it was marked as new. Send them a picture of the package and serial key... ask them why it isn't working.

Do NOT tell them you bought it used on ebay, because they will tell you to screw off.

DJMONDY
04-11-09, 04:27 PM
Will do. you got a link to send this ticket?

Thanks

bob saget
04-11-09, 09:11 PM
Just submit a Steam support ticket... tell them you bought the game at a local independent video game store and it was marked as new. Send them a picture of the package and serial key... ask them why it isn't working.

Do NOT tell them you bought it used on ebay, because they will tell you to screw off.

how do you know it was marked as new?
he said he bought is second hand...