PDA

View Full Version : Decisions-Desicions

Pages : [1] 2

Tyr-Sog
04-12-09, 07:37 AM
Man, I'm so lost at what console I should get. It's either the PS3 or 360. I regretably sold my 06' 360 6 months back due to not playing it at all. But now that I have a new baby I've been craving a console again just for the ease of use and it being it will be in a central location to my kid.

I'm not sure which route to go though. I loved the 360 dispite not playing it that much before selling it. I loved it's interface, Live, controller, d/l content, games(though my pc will play many, but pc is in my office in basement), ect. I can get the red elite from dell for $321 after discounts. The only negatives is no rechargable batteries, no wifi, and it's so F'ing loud(so much this might be the reason why I don't get it). So add another $110's basically. Still not bad though.

The PS3's main attraction is the bluray player being I don't have a bluray yet(just the failed HDDVD :( ). I also admit I do find a couple of it's exclusives attractive and from what I seen the IF looks pretty slick. What worries me though is I don't like the controller and from what I have played it seems to have lots of jaggies. I'm a bit of a graphic ***** so that kinda stuff bothers me but this is just from playing 5 minutes here and there at store setups. So maybe I'm wrong. I can take advantage of that Sony Reward card and get the PS3 for $299, comes with built in wifi and a extra countroller but no game, no hdmi cable, ect. So at the end of the day the console prices seem to be a wash.

If you guys had no console today, which would you go for and why.

MaxFX
04-13-09, 09:50 AM
The PS3 of course as you said Sonys exlusives and that it finaly starts to flex som muscles, it is obviously that the PS3 will totaly rape and own the weak 360 in every way ;)

Killzone 2 / Uncharted 2 / Good of war 3, enough said PS3 is the only way to go between this 2 and add to that a Wii and your all set,I just got a Wii and I love it in every way :D

thor1182
04-13-09, 01:05 PM
get myself a 360 (which is what I have)

-I like the controllers
-It has most if not all the console games I have any interest in playing
-xbl is still one of the better online systems out there (mostly subjective opinion)
-own a b-r player so I don't need it from my console.

As a note:
don't listen to what people say is the more powerful console between the 360 and PS3. Obviously the Wii is a beefier GC with different controls, and many people are happy with it. If you want to know which is more powerful, crack open the white papers, and wiki pages and make your own mind up. People who don't know what they are talking about are just going to regurgitate marketing numbers that they have no clue what they really mean. In the end its all about the games, and what devs are doing with the system, and less about what marketing is saying their system "can" do.

For many people its better to get a Wii for the party games, and more family oriented games than whats on the other two, others the PS3 or 360 hold the answer.

MaxFX
04-13-09, 03:15 PM
Obviously I know what I talking about as I use to had both 360 / PS3 and now a Wii.

Im more then happy with the crappy gfx on the Wii as everyone out there knows it sucks in that department but I have it as a complement couse I have a powerfull rig and i HATE fps games on a console, how you even look at it no console has the power to make me happy with such a games and I need key / mouse thats a fact!

But I was talking about gfx between those 2 and even a blind man can see how much better the PS3 really is. the games I mentioned should be enough profe so even a IDIOT can see that so what ever you do do NOT listen to ppl that just bought a 360 and have to convince themself that their RROD POS is good, just my to 2 cents mate ;)

crainger
04-13-09, 03:23 PM
I have them all. PS3 is best if you already have a good PC for it's exclusives, better controller, reliable hardware and features (Losing PS2 compatability is a bummer though). Also BD is great. and saves clutter.

NarcissistZero
04-13-09, 03:25 PM
As a PC gamer I see the PS3 as the better option. Mine allows me to play good console exclusives like The Darkness, Condemned 2 and such, and Sony's first-party games are generally exceptional, like Uncharted, Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank. It has great downloadable games too, a lot of them exclusives. It's also a BD player, and BDs are SWEET.

The 360 exclusives generally come to PC anyway, and the rare ones that don't I can usually live without.

As I have said before, I often consider selling my 360, but would never sell my PS3.

nrdstrm
04-13-09, 04:03 PM
I went (and would go again) with the PS3 route...The funny thing is I don't game as much on it as I expected. I use it ALOT though...Mostly for BD and streaming Xvids from my PC...If you download alot of movies/clips/etc, the PS3 is great for playing the streams...

Of course I never owned a 360 (went PS3/Wii combo)...360 owners would have to comment on it's multimedia abilities, as I have no clue...

MaxFX
04-13-09, 04:18 PM
I will most likely go for a PS3 again, I know I will get a hard time resist Uncharted2/ GOW and the upcoming Ratchet and a new Jax and Daxter will surely follow sooner or later :D

saturnotaku
04-13-09, 09:37 PM
As a PC gamer I see the PS3 as the better option. Mine allows me to play good console exclusives like The Darkness, Condemned 2 and such, and Sony's first-party games are generally exceptional, like Uncharted, Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank. It has great downloadable games too, a lot of them exclusives. It's also a BD player, and BDs are SWEET.

The 360 exclusives generally come to PC anyway, and the rare ones that don't I can usually live without.

As I have said before, I often consider selling my 360, but would never sell my PS3.

I feel the same way, except I did sell my 360. I do miss Live in that my friends are on it, and none of them have PS3s. I also really dislike the DualShock controller design, always have. The 360 controller is far more comfortable, IMO, and I use it with my PC.

Lyme
04-14-09, 01:55 PM
The Darkness is coming to the 360 soon, but I digress.

All three consoles are fine, and while the ps3 is slightly more powerful hardware wise it is very difficult to see the difference.

Personally I'd put a lot of weight behind what saturnotaku said, if your friends mostly have the 360, go with the 360. If they mostly have ps3s, go with the ps3. Playing online together makes a huge difference, more than any game.

NarcissistZero
04-14-09, 02:04 PM
Playing online together makes a huge difference, more than any game.

Unless you don't play online games much at all.

And The Darkness was out on 360 forever ago, by the way.

arioch21
04-14-09, 02:43 PM
I think both systems are good, main reason I play the xbox more is because most of my friends are on it and I enjoy the xbl interface more. Just get the system that has the games you would enjoy more. If you have a powerful PC then I would lean towards a ps3.

Lyme
04-14-09, 05:14 PM
Unless you don't play online games much at all.

And The Darkness was out on 360 forever ago, by the way.

Or don't play games..

And, you probably should have said 'timed exclusive' in your post above.

NarcissistZero
04-14-09, 06:06 PM
Or don't play games..

And, you probably should have said 'timed exclusive' in your post above.

I said The Darkness was a CONSOLE exclusive, I never said it was a PS3 exclusive. Reading comprehension FTW.

I don't even know what the other line is trying to say, so I'll leave it.

crainger
04-15-09, 12:52 AM
Stop playing games Velvet.

marqmajere
04-15-09, 01:41 AM
Buy whichever system has the games that appeal to you. If I had to do it all over again, I would have bought a slim PS2 and a ton of games with the money.

abcgamer
04-15-09, 11:34 AM
I think you should buy a PS3 or Wii.

Most games on 360 are also available on PC. I mean do you really care about Halo game ??? I am not sure about 360 exclusive games but I think top 2 games are ME2 and Alna wake. Both will also be available on PC and probably better than 360 hehe ... :p

On PS3 I can list lots of really good exclusive games which will never come on other machines. So you just have to look at both system and games and decide. Even Wii can give you more fun than 360 as your PC can play most 360 games on a decent gaming rig.

Some PS3 adavantage, no hidden cost for online play( MAG will have dedicated servers better than p2p of 360). Hard drisk upgrade as easy as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNSytaL9hnI&feature=channel_page

and PS3 also supports logitech wheel like G25, DFP which can be used on PC. Infact they also released an exclusive wheel just to play GT :lol: No need to pay M$ for online, hard disk or racing wheels to play on 360

crainger
04-15-09, 03:32 PM
Buy whichever system has the games that appeal to you. If I had to do it all over again, I would have bought a slim PS2 and a ton of games with the money.

Or a PS3 with backwards compatibility.... ::):

and one game with the money ::(:

Moo
04-15-09, 04:05 PM
MAME ;)

Tyr-Sog
04-15-09, 06:11 PM
I ended up ordering the PS3. The BR player feature was the selling point. Especially at $299. Just can't beat the gamesystem/br combo. Now I hope I can get use the the controller.

saturnotaku
04-15-09, 07:41 PM
I ended up ordering the PS3. The BR player feature was the selling point. Especially at $299. Just can't beat the gamesystem/br combo. Now I hope I can get use the the controller.

Where did you get a PS3 for $299?

ViN86
04-16-09, 09:03 AM
The PS3 of course as you said Sonys exlusives and that it finaly starts to flex som muscles, it is obviously that the PS3 will totaly rape and own the weak 360 in every way ;)

Killzone 2 / Uncharted 2 / Good of war 3, enough said PS3 is the only way to go between this 2 and add to that a Wii and your all set,I just got a Wii and I love it in every way :D

youre totally ignoring the very large library the 360 comes with...

you will be satisfied with your purchase. i got my PS3 back in january and i love it :)

NarcissistZero
04-16-09, 10:49 AM
youre totally ignoring the very large library the 360 comes with...

There aren't many exclusives if you have a gaming PC... Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and Halo Wars is about it, really, and at least one of those will get ported to PC as well.

nekrosoft13
04-16-09, 12:45 PM

good choice, i have the 360, it is on once a month or less :captnkill:

MaxFX
04-16-09, 01:15 PM
There aren't many exclusives if you have a gaming PC... Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and Halo Wars is about it, really, and at least one of those will get ported to PC as well.

I was like hmm yeeah righty mate!

What exlusives aah you mean every exlusives that also is available on the Pc and SUPERIOR in ever damn way. wake up matey (nana2)