PDA

View Full Version : Way to force full-screen games to run on secondary display?

Nitz Walsh
04-12-09, 10:44 AM
Wondering if anyone knows of a utility that can force any full-screen 3D games to automatically treat the secondary display as primary, then revert back to the primary as before when the game exits?

Reason being I have a 46" TV next to my PC workstation table and I'm playing a lot of games on it, but I still like to work/browse on my 22" LCD of course. So for every game I want to play on the monitor it's go to the display properties, make the secondary the primary, play the game, then exit and make the first the primary, etc. Little bit of a hassle.

Is what I want possible?

WeReWoLf
04-12-09, 10:46 AM
Run the game in windowed mode, move it to the TV, then run it in fullscreen. Should work that way.

Nitz Walsh
04-13-09, 09:43 AM
Run the game in windowed mode, move it to the TV, then run it in fullscreen. Should work that way.
Nope, maximizes on primary display.

Regardless, starting a game, putting it into window mode, dragging the video to the other screen, then maximizing it - even if it did work, it's not anymore more automated than switching the primary monitor back and forth, so it really wouldn't help.

Gew
12-20-09, 12:10 PM
I'm not bumping just for kicks, but this topic is actually up to date and counting. I'm trying to find a way to force Snes9X (SNES emulator) to toggle its fullscreen on secondary display. "Pulling" it to the TV in windowed mode and then ALT+ENTER doesn't do the trick.

Armed_Baboon
12-20-09, 05:58 PM
I've had the same sort of problem. I think when windows/Nvidia were designing their secondary display capabilities they didn't have this kind of setup in mind. I usually use clone mode, but that is not ideal either, because it makes my 1920x1200 LCD monitor run at 1920x1080. And there are also issues with screen tearing depending on how you set the refresh rate.