PDA

View Full Version : Problem with sound while playing video game

ryan29121
04-13-09, 07:47 PM
I have a creative x-fi platinum pro sound card and I have a problem when i play WOW. In the game the sound works great but the problem is that if I would want to play some music while in game, such as through itunes, I cannot. The in-game music pretty much takes over any other sound I may want to have. For instance, my friend and I want to use X-fire to communicate in game but as soon as I start the game it completely shuts off any sounds that are transferring through x-fire. What do you think is causing this. I have used x-fire in the past for playing team fortress 2 and everything works great with that game, just not world of warcraft. My specs of my computer are listed below in my sig and my sound setup is listed below. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sound card: creative x-fi platinum pro
Speakers: Logitech z-5500, connected though optical audio

Vanzagar
04-13-09, 08:20 PM
Can you play tunes while playing other games? If so then the problem is probably in WOW, if so go to a WOW forum and ask there you'll get a ton of responses...

Did you try turning the WOW master sound all the way down, maybe your tunes are playing but they are being drowned out by the WOW music...