PDA

View Full Version : With a Raid-0 on a EX58 do I need to install drivers

john19055
04-13-09, 10:43 PM
When I setup my Raid-0 on my Gigabyte EX58-UD5 useing Vista Ultimate 64bit do I need to install a driver for the raid to work .I don't remember haveing to install a driver for my raid-0 in my 680i SLI board with Vista Ultimate 64bit.I just set it up in the bios.where I enable SATA raid and created the drives I wanted .

fasedww
04-17-09, 03:41 PM
When I setup my Raid-0 on my Gigabyte EX58-UD5 useing Vista Ultimate 64bit do I need to install a driver for the raid to work .I don't remember haveing to install a driver for my raid-0 in my 680i SLI board with Vista Ultimate 64bit.I just set it up in the bios.where I enable SATA raid and created the drives I wanted .
Yes check your motherboard cd to make disk for it.

saturnotaku
04-18-09, 07:15 AM
Yes check your motherboard cd to make disk for it.

No, the procedure for the X58 should be exactly the same as the 680i. There should be a setting to enable RAID in the onboard peripherals section of the BIOS. If it's anything like the eVGA X58, the controller defaults to IDE mode. You have to manually override it to either AHCI or RAID. Once you select RAID and save/reboot with that setting, the RAID controller BIOS will show up after POST. You then need to go into that part by hitting ctrl-I (IIRC) and setting up the desired RAID array from there. After rebooting again, start the Windows install procedure. Once you get to the point where you select the install drive, Windows should automatically detect the RAID array.

fasedww
04-18-09, 10:18 AM
Maybe you don't, but both my Asus X58 motherboards P6T, Extreme 2, have make disk for raid 64 bit ICH10 drivers, on the motherboard cd's.