PDA

View Full Version : 360 e74 now covered under the RRoD warranty

Lyme
04-14-09, 01:37 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/04/microsoft-owns-up-to-e74-360-errors-expands-warranty.ars

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=969905&lcid=1033&category=hardware

While the majority of Xbox 360 owners continue to have a great experience with their console, we are aware that a very small percentage of our customers have reported receiving an error that displays E74 on their screen. After investigating the issue, we have determined that the E74 error message can indicate the general hardware failure that is associated with three flashing red lights error on the console. As a result, we have decided to cover repairs related to the E74 error message under our three-year warranty program for certain general hardware failures that was announced in July 2007. We have already made improvements to the console that will reduce the likelihood of an occurrence of this issue. Detailed information related to the Xbox 360 warranty and resources for those who require repair can be found at www.xbox.com/support (www.xbox.com/support) .

some of you might get some money back.

nekrosoft13
04-14-09, 01:48 PM
very small percentage of our customers

haha, good one ;)

Lyme
04-14-09, 01:56 PM
haha, good one ;)

5% is a small percentage, and yet a lot of people. That's marketing for you.

|MaguS|
04-14-09, 01:59 PM
And everyone will cheer for this act... Seriously where is a class action lawsuit already. The X360 has one of the worse reliability of any electronic. Yeah the PS2 had issues when it launched but the problems stopped shortly after, 3+ years in the consoles life and the X360 continues to have problems...

|MaguS|
04-14-09, 02:02 PM
5% is a small percentage, and yet a lot of people. That's marketing for you.

Thats such a bull**** number, I am willing to bet its over 20% failure rate. There are many people who have gone through 5+ replacements, which is a ****ing joke.

ViN86
04-14-09, 02:05 PM
Thats such a bull**** number, I am willing to bet its over 20% failure rate. There are many people who have gone through 5+ replacements, which is a ****ing joke.

ive been on #2 for about a year now...

|MaguS|
04-14-09, 02:08 PM
ive been on #2 for about a year now...

I have been on almost 3 years now with my PS3. :p

Lyme
04-14-09, 05:12 PM

After giving a simple example of how MS saying a low percentage can be deceiving, your reading comprehension currently is currently sitting at 0%.

|MaguS|
04-14-09, 06:17 PM
After giving a simple example of how MS saying a low percentage can be deceiving, your reading comprehension currently is currently sitting at 0%.

MS can say one thing but I dout its a low percentage. Everyone knows atleast one X360 owner who has had a system fail on them. Remember MS ignored the RROD and e74 as a large problem untill both of them started generating alot of negative talk. Im sure more then 1.5 million consoles have failed globally (which is over 5% of 29m)...

Eliminator
04-14-09, 06:58 PM
I think the 360 failure rate is actually WAY over 50%. Every single 360 owner I've met IRL has had at least one die on them, a few of my friends are on their 3rd or 4th 360.
maybe not 50% but its definitely high... im still on a launch day console... it gave the RROD but i resurrected it with the xclamp mod and its still working fine today :)

Fuku2
04-14-09, 08:45 PM
Mine died recently and I haven't even bothered to send it in for repairs.

ViN86
04-14-09, 08:53 PM

lol good use of $400 :lol:

nekrosoft13
04-14-09, 10:04 PM

MS should thank you, for keeping their ratio down ;)

Zelda_fan
04-14-09, 10:10 PM
* suck * suck * suck *

fixed

NarcissistZero
04-14-09, 10:28 PM
I think the 360 failure rate is actually WAY over 50%. Every single 360 owner I've met IRL has had at least one die on them, a few of my friends are on their 3rd or 4th 360.

I'm the opposite side, for all the reports of failure on the Internet and people who say they've been through 5 of them, I have yet to meet anyone IRL who had one die on them.

nekrosoft13
04-14-09, 11:26 PM
with my friends its split, some have perfectly working unit, while other half at 1-3 units

marqmajere
04-15-09, 01:37 AM
I'm the opposite side, for all the reports of failure on the Internet and people who say they've been through 5 of them, I have yet to meet anyone IRL who had one die on them.

Same here. The only reason I modded mine in the first place was to put lights and a couple of windows in it, and to paint the case. No one I know, out of the 8 friends I have with xbox 360's, have had a single problem with their xbox 360's. We've all owned our systems for AT LEAST 2 years now.