PDA

View Full Version : Frostbite Engine with DX11 support!

MaxFX
04-15-09, 01:02 PM
Man this is nice and as we know devs will surely jump all over DX11 :D

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,681665/DirectX-11-Battlefields-Frostbite-Engine-already-ported/News/

Quote!

Since currently there is no DirectX 11 hardware or appropriate development software, the Frostbite Engine was equipped with a switch inside the compiler that can be changed to DirectX 10 or DirectX 11. The developers at DICE are certain that the CPU load during API calls can be reduced noticeably with DirectX 11 drivers. Among other things the Frostbite DirectX 11 Engine offers HDR texture compression, Compute Shader and hardware tessellation for characters and terrain.

|MaguS|
04-15-09, 02:00 PM
Because Devs jumped all over DX10?

MaxFX
04-15-09, 03:22 PM
Everyone knows that DX10 dident offer that much at all, only did gave the devs more cap bits. DX9 was really good as Sweney said but DX10 only gives more problems then it solves!

So of course they will jump all over DX11, have you even bother to read up on what DX11 offer gamers and developers ?

It's a world of difference from DX10 I can tell you console BOI ;)

|MaguS|
04-15-09, 03:26 PM
It will only offer anything if consumers support the hardware in large enough numbers and also that it wont cause performance problems once it is used like DX10 does.

We wont see DX11 become a common factor untill 50% of PC Gamers have the hardware to support it properly. Having a videocard that is compatible is not enough (There are DX10 cards already in the mainstream market).

Go back to playing with your wii... let the adults talk.

MaxFX
04-15-09, 03:32 PM
Everyone have read a million times that even DX10 hardware will BENEFIT largely from DX11. you just STFUK and read up before speaking again BOI ;)

Blade
04-15-09, 03:35 PM
Consumers will support the new hardware because that's what lambs do....... baaa.

|MaguS|
04-15-09, 03:51 PM
Everyone have read a million times that even DX10 hardware will BENEFIT largely from DX11. you just STFUK and read up before speaking again BOI ;)

I love how you lack and capablilty of actually holding a conversation. No wonder no one ever takes anything you say seriously. You're a joke and hurt the PC Gaming group by acting like a child.

NaitoSan
04-15-09, 04:33 PM
I'm not going to hold my breath on DX11 until I see more developers taking advantage of it.

I'm actually tired of all expenses that you have to upgrade again just for DX11... soon we'll see DX12 so we gotta upgrade again. Catching up with the joneses on PC gaming is hard on my wallet than with console gaming. :o

MaxFX
04-15-09, 04:40 PM
I love how you lack and capablilty of actually holding a conversation. No wonder no one ever takes anything you say seriously. You're a joke and hurt the PC Gaming group by acting like a child.

I love your lack of inteligence, you think the world of yourself and thats what a doucbag dumbass is. you havent read anything about DX11 obviously. As I said DX11 will do a world of difference. I think that ppl who making games has a slightly better understanding then a brat like yourself. so back and worship your PS3 and leave the bigboys alone!

Logical
04-15-09, 05:07 PM
DX11 will be nice....but for me i am going to be looking forward to the 15-50% performance gains that DX10.1 will introduce with current hardware.

NaitoSan
04-15-09, 05:14 PM
I love your lack of inteligence, you think the world of yourself and thats what a doucbag dumbass is. you havent read anything about DX11 obviously. As I said DX11 will do a world of difference. I think that ppl who making games has a slightly better understanding then a brat like yourself. so back and worship your PS3 and leave the bigboys alone!
You're one of them if you continue to argue back. ;)

ViN86
04-15-09, 05:15 PM
Because Devs jumped all over DX10?

lol i was thinkin the same thing :lol:

MaxFX
04-15-09, 05:39 PM
You're one of them if you continue to argue back. ;)

Well true as they said never argue with an idiot he drags you right down and bet you with his own crap so no reason at all to even bother answer back, could as just talking to a brick wall (nana2)

Yes devs Jumped all over as DX10 wasent anything great, all it did was put a ****load off cap bits insteed like DX9 it was much more open and clean and DX11 will correct that so devs are actually jumping straight at it from DX 9 - DX11 and then we can all benefit the great revards it will give us ;)

MaxFX
04-15-09, 06:25 PM
DX11 will be nice....but for me i am going to be looking forward to the 15-50% performance gains that DX10.1 will introduce with current hardware.

Same here looking forward to the benefits we will get, as I said ppl with DX10/10.1 hardware will get great BENEFITS but you see some ppl are all over them self and cant understand that DX11 obviously are a nice thing for us all.

I wont switch to any dx11 card the first I do as I just recently bought an GTX 285 so that will have to do for a while. of course we wont get the whole enchilada of dx11 but what we get is a much better lift then dx10 ever could have hope for :D

Buio
04-15-09, 08:35 PM
At least DX11 will offer general compute shaders. So we might start to see other than games using GPU's. And also possible for GPU accelerated physics, opening up for Havok and ATI.