PDA

View Full Version : Game demos to 'breakin/test' new card?

LaZeR
04-15-09, 03:50 PM
What are some good mix of DX8/9/10 and OpenGL game demos to try out with my new Powercolor HD2600XT 512mb AGP and to test out compatibility range whilst I screw around with all these lovely ATI hotfix driver releases to see which ones fair the best with my setup?

ATI = pain in the ass drivers. Never again! :fu:

Sazar
04-15-09, 03:58 PM
What are some good mix of DX8/9/10 and OpenGL game demos to try out with my new Powercolor HD2600XT 512mb AGP and to test out compatibility range whilst I screw around with all these lovely ATI hotfix driver releases to see which ones fair the best with my setup?

ATI = pain in the ass drivers. Never again! :fu:

/me shrugs

Cat 9.4's are fine honestly.

For demo's, not sure, give some of the newer ones a twirl. If you have Steam, try out Lost Coast.

lee63
04-15-09, 04:40 PM
FEAR 2 has a pretty good demo.

LaZeR
04-16-09, 10:24 AM
/me shrugs

Cat 9.4's are fine honestly.

For demo's, not sure, give some of the newer ones a twirl. If you have Steam, try out Lost Coast.

The 9.4 broke my SOF2 if I remember correctly. Left the screen (at least the initial menu section) a distorted mess. I still enjoy this game so that is a show stopper for me. Is it true that > than 8.x ruin OpenGL?

PS: Will checkout Fear 2

LaZeR
04-20-09, 11:06 AM
Upon further review. 9.4 hotfix is working fine. Had to reload SOF2 in single player and switch some of the graphics settings there. Playing L4D fine. Still downloading the Fear 2 demo.

Only thing this card broke is I'm not able to use a 3d screensaver and have monitor shutdown. Not sure what is up with that, powersave works fine with a non-3d screensaver.

wysiwyg
04-20-09, 11:15 AM
i thought The Last Remnant benchmark was quite good

also try some good scene demos at

http://www.pouet.net/prodlist.php?platform[]=Windows&type[]=demo&order=thumbup

-copy the whole thing and paste into browser-

www.pouet.net