PDA

View Full Version : GeFroce FX 5600 and pixel shader problem

raksasas
06-10-03, 03:58 PM
don't know if this has been posted before because i have not found anything on it.
I bought the Geforce FX 5600 (had a Geforce 2) and the only problem i have ran into with it is the pixel shading. Problem - I have Asherons Call 2 and when i turn on the Pixel shading it totally F$%KS up the textures makeing it look like total c#$@.
All so it look fine with out the use pixel shaders on.
1. I have installed the newest drivers (may 14) and even went back to the ones that came witht he card. did not work.
2 i have reinstalled the game with and with out the very high graphics disc installed. it did not work.

only 3 things i can think of (1) maybe a bad DirectX 9 install, (2)maybe the drivers for the FX are still s#$@ (if so then i'm still waiting for the newer drivers to be released), and (3) maybe its a bug in the game and needs to be posted in the AC2 form.

anyone have any ideas to the problem or is having the same problem on some other game

Screenshot
http://www.vvm.com/~donrose/cap2.jpg

saturnotaku
06-10-03, 04:00 PM
Double post = bad forum ettiquite.

raksasas
06-10-03, 04:01 PM
I know but didn't relieze there was a driver forum, till it was too late :(

StealthHawk
06-10-03, 04:36 PM
So what drivers are you using?

Have you tried using the drivers that came with the card, and does the problem still exist when using those drivers?

raksasas
06-10-03, 04:54 PM
i have stated this already
I have installed the newest drivers (may 14) and even went back to the ones that came witht he card. did not work.

At the moment i a running the 44.03 ones again
They both do it - the ones on the cd that came with it and the 44.03 ones

StealthHawk
06-10-03, 11:22 PM
Which drivers came with the card? Have you tried 43.45 and/or 43.51?

Sorry, I did not notice that you already said you tried the drivers that came with the cd...but that fact alone is still not helpful unless we know what driver revisions you have tried.

raksasas
06-11-03, 07:14 AM
alright drivers i have tried: version 43.40 (CD), 44.03, and how the 44.10 one

44.10 made it look diff. but the texture problem is still there. instead of the Grey it all see though

R.Carter
06-11-03, 07:19 AM
Isn't Asheron's Call 2 one of those "The way it's meant to be played™" games?

http://www.microsoft.com/games/ac2/img/nvidialogo.jpg

Also, have you asked Microsoft / Turbine Games about this? It could very well be a bug in the game or something.

Or it could be the result of one of the many "optimization" in the drivers or something. :D

Aren't those drivers (44.03) WHQL'd for the GeForce FX cards?! If so then that's pretty strange, huh? I mean they'll tell you to only use WHQL drivers or else they can't / won't help you if it doesn't work.

raksasas
06-11-03, 07:37 AM
I posted in AC2 bug forum but it never showed up in it. So i don't know just trying to rule out some stuff. ohh and by the way i also reinstalled directX 9 yesterday so that was not it.

DSC
06-11-03, 07:47 AM
Which DX9 did you install? DX9.0 or 9.0a?

Try installing DirectX 9.0a. Note the "a".

Here's the full installer, so you don't have to use the webinstaller.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c46234ca-2695-4270-8e21-8a18684396b3&displaylang=en

R.Carter
06-11-03, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by raksasas
I posted in AC2 bug forum but it never showed up in it. So i don't know just trying to rule out some stuff. ohh and by the way i also reinstalled directX 9 yesterday so that was not it.

Well, I think that they make it so that posts don't show up in the forum (cause of posting of potential exploits and such), but I think you should be able to see your own posts... not sure though.

They can see the posts...

raksasas
06-11-03, 11:05 AM
Yes i did directx 9a

raksasas
06-11-03, 11:53 AM
Should i try the 43.45 and/or 43.51 or should i try the those on Guru of 3d (Detonator 43.36 WHQL FX Go 5600)

Pandur
06-11-03, 10:10 PM
Have you tried to change the Z/W-buffer settings? That graphic corruption looks just like what you get when you enable z-buffer in AC1. hehe.

You could try to use nvhardpage (or a similar tweaker) to disable W-buffer support in the driver to. I seem to recall from the AC2 beta that it uses W-buffer if you got support for it.

raksasas
06-12-03, 01:43 PM
Hmm, alright I will see what i can come up with on that, but first I need to find this thing you are talking about.

R.Carter
06-12-03, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by raksasas
Hmm, alright I will see what i can come up with on that, but first I need to find this thing you are talking about.
Hmm... doesn't AC2Config.exe allow you to select W / Z-Buffering?

raksasas
06-12-03, 09:39 PM
Nope!

raksasas
06-23-03, 10:21 PM
Alright, I know i am not the only one that is havenig this same type of problem because my friend bought the card the on Sat. and he went to play GTA Vice City and he got the same problem. I am not sure if it is just a pixel shader problem. It is some bug period. He took the card back a day later and bought the ATI 9800 pro.

raksasas
06-24-03, 10:11 PM
ohh by the way still haveing the problem. and i just tryed it the 43.51 drivers. I would mess around with that hardpage thing but am too afraid that I would change something and not remember what i changed. But I did enable and disable the Z buffer thing. still did not help.