PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor question - Easy way to switch between 2 or 1?

Hambone
04-18-09, 10:53 AM
I've never bothered with dual monitors before. But, right now I'm doing a bunch of video CBT training sessions and a loto of photo/video editing. So, I got a 2nd 22" monitor.

(Nvidia 260)

Is there a simple method (like a shortcut) for turning off the 2nd display in the drivers? I'm not going to be using it all the time and going into the Nvidia drivers to toggle it on/off would be a small hassle.

Also, I use to always get a sys-tray icon for the system drivers but not the last couple of times I've updated them. Then only shortcut installed in the Start Menu was for PhysX. I remember the drivers use to have that nice pop up menu - maybe something for dual monitors is on there? I can't figure out how to get a icon for it in the sys-tray. Maybe I could look for it's actual EXE and dump a shortcut to it in the Startup folder?

Thanks!

Sazar
04-18-09, 02:08 PM
Not sure what you want to do exactly, but you might want to take a look at Ultramon. Great application.

Imbroglio
04-18-09, 09:47 PM
Not sure what you want to do exactly, but you might want to take a look at Ultramon. Great application.

+1 greatest dual monitor app ever :captnkill:

if you want the ability to enable and disable the second monitor quickly, there are options for this inside of ultramon (in the process tray). much faster than going through the nvidia drivers.

Sazar
04-18-09, 10:04 PM
Yep, and fyi, you can get the full version FREE on trial so you can check it out and buy if you want to do so.

I personally have 2 licenses for it and it is good :D

Imbroglio
04-19-09, 06:53 AM
what made ultramon a no-brainer for me was the extended task bar and general ease of window switching. it's one of those programs that really makes you appreciate having a dual monitor setup.