PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 things you dislike in the world of gaming!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ywap
04-19-09, 08:44 AM
Hereīs what i dislike most in the world of gaming:

1: Motion blur - I hate blurring during motion and get motion sick by it. A favourite on the consoles to cover up subpar framerates. If you want to puke then download the 360 Condemned 2 demo and experience it for yourself!

2: LCD displays - I hate how everyone is forced to buy this junk of inferior technology when looking for a brand new display. Motion blur by default, bad blacks, unnatural colours, backlight and bad viewing angles is the highlights of this product.

3: Epic games - Most overrated company in the buisness. Big in the mouth but hasnīt produced one good product except for Unreal 1 (i donīt know how involved Digital Extremes was with this game).

Runner up: Call of duty series - I have no word how much i hate this overscripted, overrated, simple to design and boring to play game series (Strictly talking about sp, i have no opinion on mp). If a game like this sells what do that tell the developers? ->No effort needed. None whatsoever.

It could be anything from Steam prices to hardware to me for making this thread. Should be a fun read if we get some replys :)

Noriega
04-19-09, 08:59 AM
1: Arcade trends that came with consoles popularity

2: Console market model

3: Big publishers that decide that games are to sell no to play

4: Payed reviews and trends pushed to the gamers by big companys like big publishers and hardware makers ( especially console makers)

5: And still there is no open OS for gamers.

Ywap
04-19-09, 09:08 AM
2: Console market model

I couldnīt agree more.

Ywap
04-19-09, 09:41 AM
3. MMO trend

You just reminded me how much i hate that too. Gotta have a top 10 list maybe :)

Bigbuck
04-19-09, 09:51 AM
1. Game developers now think its ok to put out an unfinished game and released X amount of patches to fix thins that should have never been broken upon release.
2. This one is going to get me flamed but oh well. ***** play as I like to call it. I find it ridiculous that in 99% of every FPS game I have played in the last 5 years it has come down to people bunny hopping, spraying for their lives, and other cheap "tactics". A great example of this is the CoD series. I honestly thing people have forgotten what FPS means; First Person SHOOTER.

Bman212121
04-19-09, 10:14 AM
1. Non-refundable
2. Lack of lan play
3. Lack of new IPs. Aka, we're on 5th version of COD, a WWII shooter. :headexplode:

mailman2
04-19-09, 11:00 AM
1. Consoles
2. Consoles
3. Consoles

Retrolock
04-19-09, 11:04 AM
1. Crappy Console Ports
2. Crappy Games that don't take advantage of current hardware
3. Crappy Aftersales support (lack of patches, updates etc.)

Madpistol
04-19-09, 11:12 AM
1. DRM restrictions
2. Incompatibility with older (and some newer) games render games that are 4-5 years old useless
3. Fanboys that seem to think that their allegiance to one console/platform will bring them honor and good fortune... Newsflash, YOU'RE A TOOL!

I'm done. :)

omzig
04-19-09, 01:20 PM
1.DRM-Enuff said already
2.Non redefinable key for port
3.Crappy/blocky/low res inengine recorded cutscene that get played back at full screen high rez ...why oh why not just let the engine do it in game FFS....

Tuork
04-19-09, 01:35 PM
1. No new IP's, as Bman said. Games need to have stronger plots/backstories.
2. Fanboys.
3. Costs. Sometimes I'm getting my money's worth, but $50+ a pop for games is a tad high, in my opinion.

Capt. Picard
04-19-09, 01:53 PM
WW2 games.

I think we've had enough of those. The gaming world has fought WW2 battles that the people from that era (Hitler included) could never have even imagined.

delas52
04-19-09, 02:12 PM
lack of pc exclusives
piracy
game costs

kazna
04-19-09, 02:12 PM
3: Epic games - Most overrated company in the buisness. Big in the mouth but hasnīt produced one good product except for Unreal 1.
Unreal Engine 3? Probably the best scaling from a game engine thats widely used today!

Also, UT2k4?

My list:

1. DRM
2. Piracy that forces DRM.
3. Poor console ports. (unoptimized for pc hardware, lack of video options, etc.)

SH64
04-19-09, 02:14 PM
1) Games with no savegame feature
2) MMO's
3) Games with crappy controls

though to the contrary of the OP, i like Motion Blur! esp the object-based MB!

ralinn
04-19-09, 02:16 PM
Probably PC fanboys.

I love my PC but I really hate PC fanboys more than any other.

six_storm
04-19-09, 02:21 PM
1. PC fanboys that hate consoles. Consoles aren't a bad alternative to PC (especially when most around-$500 PCs have crappy Intel GFX chipsets), I don't see the harm in them . . . Before you bash me, please look at my 2nd choice:

2. Crappy console ports and/or lack of multi-platform development. I don't see why most console games can't be released/developed on the PC platform, minus cost. If certain devs would release their games on PC (and it was actually a good/worth buying), they could make quite a nice bit of sales IMO.

3. Price of PC games. Why do new games have to cost $50 a pop for PC? I usually have to wait a good 3-5 months before a new game can drop down to $30 or $35, which is a reasonable price for a PC game.

Ywap
04-19-09, 02:22 PM
Unreal Engine 3? Probably the best scaling from a game engine thats widely used today!

Well, iīm not one of the Unreal 3 engine fans but i respect your opinion. I would say that Capcomīs Framework engine is the best scaling engine :)

Dunia seem to use the hardware pretty well too.

|MaguS|
04-19-09, 02:25 PM
1) Lack of Original IPs
2) Lack of support for Coop
3) No System Shock 3

MaxFX
04-19-09, 02:55 PM
Probably PC fanboys.

I love my PC but I really hate PC fanboys more than any other.

And we hate you console fanboys more then ANYTHING, back to lala lala land STFU :D

Hate all console wannabie Pc's 360/PS3 as they both drag down Pc gaming with crappy textures bla bla you know it all. we get crappy looking games so I just hope they dies as St John belives. a Console should be just like Wii and nothing more, leave the rest hight tech stuff for Pc gaming so the A-Holes devs gives us games that tax our hardware like it suppose to be!

Ps!
And to all the Retards out there I was joking as im mostly do so pleaze flame the best ya can ;)

And no I dont hate consoles I just wish we could get better looking Pc games but soon I have 3D Vision and it surely will be taxing as hell anyway so it's a good thing every game isent Crysis :D
And I dont think that the consoles do hold back Pc gaming, just as nVidia said these console probaby set the bar higher then before and from their it's just up to the devs how much they will scale. if it's one thing thats drags it's down its Intels integrated crap!

CaptNKILL
04-19-09, 03:08 PM
I guess I'll have to go with these in no particular order.

1. Streamlining and removing features and complexities from games to appeal to people that developers\publishers think are too dumb to play a complex game. Give gamers some credit. They aren't retarded, so make the game you want to make, not the one you think you need to make without confusing people. Rather than dumbing down sequels, games should be getting MORE complex. Make an accessible game to develop a huge fan base, then do what you want with the sequel since you already have a million guaranteed sales in the first week. You'll keep the attention of the "hardcore" gamers, you'll most likely keep your old fans and you may even set a new standard for games that sell well and aren't playable by chimps with downs syndrome.

2. Absolutely no support for PC gaming from general retail stores. At Wal-Mart a $300 eMachines with 2Gb of memory is no slower than a $900 "top of the line" HP with 7Gb of memory because they both have piece of crap Geforce 6150 integrated video. On sale in the same aisle is a Geforce 6200 that is also no faster for nearly $100. How do they expect to sell PC games when they don't sell anything that can play them?

3. Very low standards for performance and smooth controls in many games. I see people complain about Crysis or other cutting edge games for their high requirements, while other games are showered with praises even if they run poorly, look dated and even feel sluggish\choppy when they aren't running poorly. I'd like to see people actually mention things like this so we don't have developers putting their time into sequels on the same crappy outdated game engines, simply because they think they don't need to raise their standards.

Dreamweavernoob
04-19-09, 04:27 PM
1: Pc games are far to expensive for what they are. I have no issue paying whatever price for a game if it deservess it. However im tired of having to pay big bucks for what fundementally isnt worth it.

2:Graphics: I swear they are not progressing at all. We are getting low resolution textures, covered with massive amounts of motion blur that STILL runs like **** on pcs due to poor optimisation. Glad im getting rid of my gtx 295.

3: Lack of innovation. Its getting to formulaic. Consoles are getting addons such as motion sensitive controllers, better multiplayer features etc where as pcs are not progressing at all except in the under utilised hardware front. Obviously the keyboard etc is not going away and I dont think many people WANT it to go away, but at least some innovation would be nice. Maybe things like proper 3d support for pc games, widescreen monitors like that bendy nec one or whatever.

Personally I have become really disillusioned with PC games. Im tired of having to jump through hoops to play a multiplayer game on LAN. Im not paying twice to play one ****ty game on lan when you can play it multiplayer on a console for nothing. Im tired of no good releases coming for pc.

In fact ive sold my GTX 295 for Ģ320, will buy a lower end card (that can still play games (nothing to tax my gtx)) and will take a chance on a console. Hell, I could get a 9800GT second hand, buy a Nintendo wii and get a Xbox 360 and still have enough to boost my Blu-ray collection.

Ill give pc gaming another shot later on. (been a pc gamer since the 90's exclusively, welcomed in Unreal tournament, Quake, doom, been a member of steam since the start....)

Drolfrawd
04-19-09, 04:42 PM
1 consoles

2 Sick weirdos that think wow is real.

3 Any command a conquer type games

Isola
04-19-09, 04:50 PM
1)console
2)Brainless console games
3)ported console games to pc.

NarcissistZero
04-19-09, 05:31 PM
1. Downloadable Content Replacing Real Expansions - This is mostly on the behalf of Bethesda, but the general death of the expansion makes me sad. The Pitt was a nice addition to Fallout 3, but the whole time I played it I imagined how much more awesome it would be if it were full fleshed-out as a real expansion.

2. Quest Arrows - Those big fat arrows which tell you where to go, or a mark on your compass, or at worst a dotted line/trail on the ground telling you where to go. Bioshock, Oblivion, Fable 2, Turok... dozens of games probably. Most of the time the game doesn't even need them, and on the rare chance they do the game should of been designed better so I could have just found my goal. The arrows break immersion and clutter the screen, harming the experience. When they can't be turned off in any way it's even worse.

3. Lack of PC Graphics Options in PC Ports- There is nothing more annoying than opening up a video options menu to only see resolution as an option, or maybe one or two other little things. Just because a game is built for consoles doesn't mean you can't add some PC options for us... FEAR 2, Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3... the list goes on and on of console games ported to PC which still offered options and a nice improvement in visual quality. There is no excuse to offer nothing.