PDA

View Full Version : Fallout: New Vegas Announced

Pages : [1] 2

NarcissistZero
04-20-09, 01:43 PM
C'mon guys, I slept all day and no one made a thread?

Link: http://kotaku.com/5219584/new-fallout-announced

It's real, confirmed by GStaff on the official Bethesda boards. Obsidian is developing, which means some old Fallout vets will be used. Release is Holiday 2010 from the look of things. It is a side story, not Fallout 4, and is labled "action RPG"... which could mean the same thing as Fallout 3, or more action-oriented.

They also mention this will not effect Todd Howard and Bethesda's current project, which is most lilkely TES5.

Discuss.

nekrosoft13
04-20-09, 01:47 PM
they will probably be using current fallout engine.

Banko
04-20-09, 02:45 PM
Well this is the best news the Fallout community can get in a while. At least Obsidian has some original Fallout developers and they know what an RPG is much more then Bethesda does. I never could finish Fallout 3... Yet I replayed Fallout 1 and 2 at least 10 times each.

Mike89
04-20-09, 03:20 PM
I never could finish Fallout 3...

What are you, a wuss? ;)

Toss3
04-20-09, 03:25 PM
What are you, a wuss? ;)

I never got around to finishing it either - it was just too boring after having played Oblivion for 50+ hours. Don't get what people saw in the game in the first place. :o

mrgimble
04-20-09, 03:29 PM
The game became boring the second you couldn't level up any more.

Dreamweavernoob
04-20-09, 03:32 PM
I never got around to finishing it either - it was just too boring after having played Oblivion for 50+ hours. Don't get what people saw in the game in the first place. :o

I finished it because it was so damn short.

Such a letdown. Fantastic premise just poorily executed.

Mike89
04-20-09, 03:35 PM
I never got around to finishing it either - it was just too boring after having played Oblivion for 50+ hours. Don't get what people saw in the game in the first place.

Just goes to show how different people's tastes are. I personally didn't like Oblivion (nor Morrowind before it) much and loved Fallout 3.

Q
04-20-09, 03:48 PM
I played the hell out of Oblivion and loved. Beat all but a few very minor quests. But then the Shivering Isles expansion came out and and I just couldn't get into it. Bought Fallout 3 and its the same thing. I just feel burned out on that brand of RPG/Action game.

NarcissistZero
04-20-09, 03:58 PM
Jesus, all the FO3 haters come out of the woodwork when they hear new news I guess.

Personally I loved FO3, much better RPG than Oblivion and a damn fine game.

crainger
04-20-09, 04:03 PM
I loved Fallout 3. I couldn't get enough until I corrupted my Evil level 20+ save game and shelved it. I'm waiting for a few more DLCs to come then will start again.

Excited for this new game. More devs should do it IMHO. Roll out new games with current engines and focus on the game play and story. Sure it pisses us PC'ers off as we don't get new graphics, but with more and more extras being added at the driver level (better FSAA, Ambient Occlusions) it's not so bad.

I guess that's where Crytek made sense with their crazy ahead of time CryEngine... So bad they didn't have resources to put out more than just Warhead on the current Engine.

I agree with Velvet. Fallout 3 is much much more fun than Oblivion.

Mike89
04-20-09, 04:56 PM
Sure it pisses us PC'ers off as we don't get new graphics

Doesn't piss me off at all. Graphics are good enough anyways and I'd rather have more games.

nekrosoft13
04-20-09, 05:00 PM

Oblivion is one of the worst games in recent history that dares to call it self a RPG.

nekrosoft13
04-20-09, 05:03 PM
Doesn't piss me off at all. Graphics are good enough anyways and I'd rather have more games.

plus with texture replacements on PC it is much better (nana2)

crainger
04-20-09, 05:08 PM
Yeah if CaptNKILL can be arsed to make texture packs for all our games.

I want one for DOWII NOW CaptN!

Slayblaze
04-20-09, 06:01 PM
Looking forward to this bigtime also!

jiffy
04-20-09, 06:38 PM
Another fan of Oblivion over FO3 here.:afro:

arioch21
04-20-09, 07:41 PM
I finished it because it was so damn short.

Such a letdown. Fantastic premise just poorily executed.

not sure about that, im hitting 60hrs played now and still have 5 other side quests to complete, this is with both DLC's. Main story is short but if u side quest and go exploring it really adds up.

NarcissistZero
04-20-09, 08:14 PM
not sure about that, im hitting 60hrs played now and still have 5 other side quests to complete, this is with both DLC's. Main story is short but if u side quest and go exploring it really adds up.

Indeed, and the side quests are mostly better than the main ones.

Shamrock
04-20-09, 10:55 PM
I liked Fallout 3, just too short...and the fact that your everyday small arms don't do squat. I used the claw most of the time.

But I wouldn't go overboard and say it was better than Oblivion. I don't think any RPG is as good as Oblivion, to date.

Ancient76
04-22-09, 05:13 AM
Wiki Fallout: New Vegas - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

Developers

Fallout: New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a company founded by Feargus Urquhart and Chris Avellone, two of the makers of Fallout 2 (originally at Black Isle Studios). It is not currently known whether Avellone and Urquhart will be involved. The entire development team is not yet known, but it is known that the project is led J.E. Sawyer, one of the lead designers of Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 project by Black Isle Studios.

J.E. Sawyer - project director and lead designer
John R. Gonzalez - lead creative designer
Akil Hooper - designer
Scott Everts - designer

Other people at Obsidian who worked on previous Fallout games include Chris Jones, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan, Brian Menze, Jesse Reynolds and Rich Taylor. At least some of them are likely to be on the New Vegas team.

Pete Hines interview - http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1113

nekrosoft13
07-14-09, 08:03 PM
lengthy article at IGN

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1003563p1.html

|MaguS|
07-14-09, 08:04 PM
Wish they would add coop to their games... Fallout 3 would be awesome playing with a friend.

trivium nate
07-14-09, 08:29 PM
interesting

Ancient76
07-15-09, 04:59 AM
and Bethesda has said that you can expect the "same type of game" as Fallout 3, though this is not a direct sequel.

:thumbdwn: