PDA

View Full Version : Zeno Clash Official Thread

Pages : [1] 2

LT.Schaffer
04-20-09, 11:41 PM
I Thought i would start an official thread in advance for the release tomorrow:)

14 Hrs to go :captnkill:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22200/

Bring On The Feedback....

CaptNKILL
04-21-09, 12:11 AM
Ah, thanks for reminding me. I have to preload this tonight. :)

Hopefully this game is good. It sure looks different.

I'm hoping the hand to hand combat will be somewhat similar to Chronicles of Ridd!ck's.

NarcissistZero
04-21-09, 12:23 AM
The mainstream gaming media are blowing this one off, but it looks really impressive to me. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

LT.Schaffer
04-21-09, 12:27 AM
^^
@Capt.

That would be awesome.
:)

I preloaded this morning...:D

It's so hard to know what to do tomorrow since the "Survival Pack" For L4D comes out too
:drooling:

I'm gonna be diving right in since i don't have to go to work tomorrow:p

CaptNKILL
04-21-09, 12:56 AM
Here is an early "review", though its more like a chat session to sum up the experiences of 4 game reviewers:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/04/19/world-exclusive-the-zeno-clash-review/#comment-175770/

They give it 4 out of 4 thumbs up. They really enjoyed it.

The last portion of the review sums it up.

John: I want to say about the melee: The visceral nature of the combat is just astonishing. The force and heft makes you reel, and the sense of contact is incredible.
Kieron: Totally. KICK! PUNCH!
Alec: It’s incredibly brutal in its feedback loop. I really felt bad about kicking guys when they’re down.
Kieron: Yeah. I mean, I didn’t feel bad. I felt ruthless. For me, the height of the game is stuff like stunning an enemy, grabbing him, kneeing him in the face three times - no more - and then throwing him to my left, where I know another enemy is, knocking them both over.
Jim: Compared to Mechants Of Brooklyn - a very similar project in size and attitude - this is a true feat of design and production.
John: We’ve been quite picky about bits and pieces, but I think that’s testament to the fantastic standard overall. It in no way feels like the first game from an indie developer.
Alec: Yes, we’re not criticising its fundamentals. It’s an FPS fisticuffs game that looks and feels incredible.
John: My concluding remarks would be: Amazingly brutal, properly good melee combat, in the most beautiful lunatic world.

Jim: Enough! VERDICT!
John: BUY!
Alec: The Meerian thumb is aloft.
Jim: BUY!

They also mentioned that the only game that bears any resemblance to it would be Chronicles of Riddick. :D

EDIT: Thread stuck. :D

nekrosoft13
04-21-09, 02:04 AM
11 hours!!

Section-9
04-21-09, 04:44 AM
I am so excited for this one, can't wait till' later today to play it! (nana2)

nutcrackr
04-21-09, 05:45 AM
The mainstream gaming media are blowing this one off, but it looks really impressive to me. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.
The mainstream blow off most titles like this, anything that isn't Halo 6 or Gears 14 is forgotten.

MaxFX
04-21-09, 11:31 AM
One site gave it 8 of 10 so this should rock, preloaded yesterday 25% off and cant wait only 2 hours left :D

CaptNKILL
04-21-09, 11:43 AM
This gets a sticky right away and DCS Black Shark doesn't :o

Its listed here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96297

It probably should have been stuck when it was released but its a little late now.

LordJuanlo
04-21-09, 11:54 AM
Preload complete! Can't wait!

CaptNKILL
04-21-09, 11:58 AM
Nah the retail version was released last week in the US. Only the digital download version was available.
In that case, I'll sticky it. :p

AdamK47
04-21-09, 12:02 PM
Looks very interesting. I'm going to wait for some more feedback before getting it.

LT.Schaffer
04-21-09, 12:33 PM
1 Hr to go (nana2)

nekrosoft13
04-21-09, 01:02 PM
game is released, decrypting now!

Arachnid
04-21-09, 01:15 PM
Still waiting for D2D to give the activation key.

NarcissistZero
04-21-09, 01:37 PM
Cool game... the visuals are amazing, in a design sense. Combat feels heavy and real, which is cool. Gunplay could be better, but it's not the focus.

Game has 18 levels... the first two are pretty short, but it's a budget title...

Noriega
04-21-09, 01:57 PM
S C R E E E E E E E E E E E E N S

LT.Schaffer
04-21-09, 02:06 PM
Cool game... the visuals are amazing, in a design sense. Combat feels heavy and real, which is cool. Gunplay could be better, but it's not the focus.

Game has 18 levels... the first two are pretty short, but it's a budget title...

Agreed
I only played for about 20 mins but so far it's very good:)

wysiwyg
04-21-09, 03:01 PM
2 screenshots i have taken right at the start

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9416/wysss1.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7132/wysss2.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9965/wysss3.jpg

|MaguS|
04-21-09, 03:15 PM
The art direction looks awesome.

CaptNKILL
04-21-09, 05:11 PM
This game is REALLY cool.

The combat works pretty well overall, though the lock-on thing can be a little irritating when you get surrounded and you just want to run. The gameplay overall reminds me of a mix of Chronicles of Rid****, Dark Messiah and an old fashioned beat-em-up.

The setting is pretty awesome too. Its really crazy and weird but the important things are explained so things are still easy to understand overall. The story and dialog aren't exactly "deep" but there is enough there to give the game a point.

I'm not sure how many levels I've gone through just yet, but I'm probably around half way through the game. Its short, but that's ok. It was cheap and its actually fun. I'll probably just finish this tonight since I actually have some time.

Also, the visuals are great. They aren't cutting edge by any means but the game makes good use of the Source engine, it runs perfectly and it doesn't look like any other game I've played.

MaxFX
04-21-09, 05:29 PM
Very cool game but seems very repetitive but have only played a little. so is it the same all over only fighting CaptNKILL ?

If so it aint my kind of game, I thought it was a action adventure more.

But looks very cool tho and with a unique look :)

NarcissistZero
04-21-09, 06:02 PM
Very cool game but seems very repetitive but have only played a little. so is it the same all over only fighting CaptNKILL ?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but let me try and answer...

If you mean does the game consists all of smaller arena-style fights, no it doesn't... the later levels seem to open up a lot and consist of more normal FPS-style gameplay (with a ton of hand-to-hand combat of course).

If you mean is it a combat game through and through, yes... yes it is. That was pretty obvious from pre-release materials.

MaxFX
04-21-09, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but let me try and answer...

If you mean does the game consists all of smaller arena-style fights, no it doesn't... the later levels seem to open up a lot and consist of more normal FPS-style gameplay (with a ton of hand-to-hand combat of course).

If you mean is it a combat game through and through, yes... yes it is. That was pretty obvious from pre-release materials.

Sorry for the crappy explanation, question and yes thats what I meant the smal arena-style fights.
So the later levels is more open, then I will definatly game on and thanks very much for the fast reply Narci :thumbsup: