PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 1.5 beta patch

Buenamos
04-21-09, 09:10 PM
http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/battlefieldnewsdetail.aspx?site_id=B8KOM4UD-5RHY-7JEIWHPH&storyid=46483

Battlefield 2 v1.50 Beta Released

The beta for testing the new 1.50 update for Battlefield 2 is now available for everyone who want to help out and test the new patch. It contains a new map, Operation Blue Pearl, along with a number of security updates.
The beta will be running for at least a couple of weeks, to give the developers enough time to gather feedback from the beta testers (and hopefully make changes if that’s needed). Feedback is welcome on the EA forums : http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/538184-beta-patch-v1-5-feed-back.html).
The current list of changes can be seen below. A deeper explanation on design choices made for the new map have been posted here on Battlefield.com, and screenshots can be viewed here.
Download the Beta at Fileplay.net

============
Battlefield 2 Update v1.50
============
FEATURES
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
- Added support for Widescreen resolutions
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller - http://www.novint.com
GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model
- Increased the time to go prone after jumping from 0.3 seconds to 0.7 seconds
- Fixed G36E HUD during sprinting to match other weapons.

One link: http://www.fileplay.net/file/5123/battlefield-2-v1-5-beta-patch-1
THere's also torrents out there and it's up one usenet also!

Bman212121
04-21-09, 09:51 PM
Here is the mirror I downloaded it from:

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/local_links.php?catid=54&linkid=91

Here is a mirror that mojoman0 listed in the other thread:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/14150/Battlefield+2+v1.50+Patch

CaptNKILL
04-21-09, 10:21 PM
Wow, that's a pretty nice patch for a 4 year old game.

Also, its good to see support for the NOVINT Falcon growing. This thing looks really awesome. I really wish I could try one out.

0PS_vu-WBb0

Skip to 4:05 for the impressive stuff.

JasonPC
04-21-09, 10:52 PM
It took them how many years to add widescreen support? :p

ATOJAR
04-22-09, 05:29 PM
Jeezzz, 1.3GB! ... is this the full patch? what i mean is if i do a full fresh install of bf2 and all the adons/booster packs can i just install this 1.5 beta without having to install the older patches?

Also what happenes when the final patch is released and we have the beta patch installed? can we just install the final release over the beta?

Bman212121
04-22-09, 05:31 PM
No it's an incremental patch from 1.41. So you'll need to download the Full 1.41 patch (538MB) install that, then install this one. Not sure if the final will install right over top or not. We'll found out later. ;)

ATOJAR
04-22-09, 05:44 PM
Ahh right cheers, just downloading the patch now, Its almost done.

Bman212121
04-22-09, 07:38 PM
Just finally got around to testing it out. Heli's are still overpowered as everything, still can't hit jets, and the AT4 still can't kill people from 10 feet away. Definitely feels like good old battlefield to me. :lol:

mojoman0
04-22-09, 08:20 PM
game disc check removed from startup!

wazandy
04-22-09, 11:24 PM
I tried the patch before realising that no server in Australia was running the damn thing, so I uninstalled the whole thing, reinstalled and patched it to 1.41 (I presume that's ok, I think it patches all versions to 1.41)

However, I'm now getting booted by punkbuster after about 2 mins of play.

- And my BF2 main screen says I'm version 1.2 something.

(Punkbuster was manually updated by the way, so it shouldn't be that.)

Using Vista 64..

Any clues as to what's going on?

Cheers.

Greg
04-23-09, 09:27 AM
I found my joystick axes did not respond until I cleared out the Falcon secondary bindings.

I see the beta says 'Vista support' I am yet to see if punk buster works without Run As Administrator.

Native widescreen is great, I was using the widescreen hack before, but often forgot to enable it.

de><ta
04-23-09, 09:35 AM
Can't wait for this to become official.

On a side note, I installed BF2 on my new PC and I keep getting kicked at the start of every new map for modified content. The only thing I changed was I added my old profile/controls file. I am going to re-install BF2 after this patch becomes official and try my luck again. I am using Vista 64 and used pbupdate to update pb.

Bman212121
04-23-09, 11:38 AM
Can't wait for this to become official.

On a side note, I installed BF2 on my new PC and I keep getting kicked at the start of every new map for modified content. The only thing I changed was I added my old profile/controls file. I am going to re-install BF2 after this patch becomes official and try my luck again. I am using Vista 64 and used pbupdate to update pb.

I recall reading something about this. You can copy paste part of the file, but there were some changes done so you can't overwrite the entire file.

lumpyhed
04-23-09, 12:51 PM
Do they adjust the field of view with widescreen modes? Is the HUD still squished?

de><ta
04-24-09, 02:29 PM
I recall reading something about this. You can copy paste part of the file, but there were some changes done so you can't overwrite the entire file.

I found the fix for it, apparently if your system loads the map faster then the server it kicks you for modified content. The fix is to ALT+TAB while loading, wait 10 seconds and then ALT+TAB back to BF2 again. How lame... :(

Burnt_Ram
04-25-09, 10:19 AM
anyone getting the blue screen of death? everytime i try to launch it blue screens. seems to be some sort of memory issue ....

Bman212121
04-25-09, 11:24 AM
I found the fix for it, apparently if your system loads the map faster then the server it kicks you for modified content. The fix is to ALT+TAB while loading, wait 10 seconds and then ALT+TAB back to BF2 again. How lame... :(

O RLY? That would explain why I got kicked EVERY time the server changed maps. :lol:

anyone getting the blue screen of death? everytime i try to launch it blue screens. seems to be some sort of memory issue ....

Nope, I haven't had any BSODs yet. Can you see what the error message is before it reboots?

From what I recall BF2 is finicky with OC's. It's possible one of your OC'ed parts is causing it. I think the GPU is actually the most likely candidate.

six_storm
04-25-09, 12:41 PM

Also, its good to see support for the NOVINT Falcon growing. This thing looks really awesome. I really wish I could try one out.

0PS_vu-WBb0

OMG. That's freakin sweet! I figured it would cost about $1K but it's really only $200. Not bad, but I'd like to try it before I bought it. Imagine how cool games would be with that? DROOL!

mojoman0
04-25-09, 01:04 PM
I think it's only 100 at frys

nekrosoft13
04-25-09, 01:07 PM

0PS_vu-WBb0

trust me it is horrible, they have one on display at MicroCenter, I was playing Crysis with that thing, or trying to play crysis.

Burnt_Ram
04-25-09, 01:10 PM
O RLY? That would explain why I got kicked EVERY time the server changed maps. :lol:

Nope, I haven't had any BSODs yet. Can you see what the error message is before it reboots?

From what I recall BF2 is finicky with OC's. It's possible one of your OC'ed parts is causing it. I think the GPU is actually the most likely candidate.
i now don't think it has anything to do with the patch or BF2 in particular. it blue screens when i try to shut down or reboot :( even swapped out the PS with Corsair 750W, but its still doing it. weird ... might try bummping up my ram voltage a tad and see if that helps .

CaptNKILL
04-25-09, 01:15 PM
I think it's only 100 at frys

I don't think you get the pistol grip with it unless you buy it from NOVINT. That costs around $20 if you want it separate.

Still, I've seen it for around $150 on Froogle.

Its rare to see something cutting edge like this available for such a low price.

EDIT: Wow, it IS $99 at Frys...
http://shop4.frys.com/product/5436119;jsessionid=6jTonfB9mjk4BXtLt1Gk9w**.node1? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Instore pickup only though. There isn't a Frys within 1000 miles of here. :p