PDA

View Full Version : I'm still using build 7000, what do you recommend?


sillyeagle
04-22-09, 11:45 PM
I'm wondering what my best course of action would be....

Can I stick with 7000 or should I upgrade? What benefits will the newer builds bring me?

If I upgrade which x64 version should I find, and can I upgrade without having to format?

Please advise!!!!

mailman2
04-23-09, 12:50 AM
At this point...
Public RC1 is coming 5-1-09. Might as well wait. I think a reformat will be needed though to the RC branch.

Toss3
04-23-09, 05:00 AM
I'm wondering what my best course of action would be....

Can I stick with 7000 or should I upgrade? What benefits will the newer builds bring me?

If I upgrade which x64 version should I find, and can I upgrade without having to format?

Please advise!!!!

You can upgrade without format, but this takes a longer time than a complete reinstall and won't always give you the best benefits of the newer builds.

I'd also wait for the official RC 1 before upgrading; I'm currently using build 7068 and even though it is noticeably faster and less error prone than the official beta - I'd still say it isn't worth the hassle. A week isn't that long a wait. ;)

mailman2
04-23-09, 07:15 AM
Looks like RC1 will be public about May 9th. However from a Beta to RC you will need to clean install it.

tornadog
04-23-09, 05:10 PM
Wait for the RC coming out next month. Too bad I have to format/install but dont have too much stuff installed on this pc anyway

tjohn
04-23-09, 07:49 PM
I thought RC1 will be available on 5/5

mailman2
04-23-09, 10:39 PM
I thought RC1 will be available on 5/5

Technet is 5/5, public release is a few days later.

Toss3
04-24-09, 04:34 AM
Technet is 5/5, public release is a few days later.

It'll be leaked before that.. :P

EDIT: And my prediction came true: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=131932

tjohn
04-24-09, 07:34 AM
It'll be leaked before that.. :P

EDIT: And my prediction came true: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=131932

:)