PDA

View Full Version : UFC 2009 Undisputed PS3 demo

ATOJAR
04-25-09, 07:27 AM
UFC 2009 Undisputed: Anybody downloaded the demo on the ps3 yet? ... only two fighters to choose from so far(chuck liddell & Mauricio Rua)but it has online mode(i think it works in the demo), If anybody downloads it let me know and we can "GET IT ON".(ps3 tag in sig)

The gfx for this game are just stunning, its got a brand new game/combat engine and stays true to the ufc style buildup to the fight, Official ring girls, refs, music & bruce buffer as ring master with Joe Rogan & Mike Goldberg as commentators, Its exactly like watching UFC on the TV lol.

Plenty to do while fighting, Kicks, Punches, Knees, Elbows, Takedowns, Clinch, Takedown defence, Submissions & more, Theres gonna be over 80 fighters in the official release(plus more downloadable content)

If your a big fan of the ufc like i am your gonna love this, Its a pretty complex game with alot to learn/take in at first but up to now i love the demo.

Lfctony
04-25-09, 09:23 AM
I'm a boxing fan, but not a beat-em-up or fighting game fan. This could be decent and I might enjoy it. I'll wait for the reviews, but it seems a bit complex given that the demo doesn't really give any explanation how to grapple etc. I did it by accident and couple of times and learned how to grapple an opponent, but I don't really know how to follow up and its a shame. I beat my opponent twice, easily, using punches and kicks, which is pretty crappy...

Mr. Hunt
04-25-09, 01:01 PM
Loving it... played it for a week on the 360, and now the PS3... definitely a fun game... didn't think they could pull off a decent MMA game but they exceeded my expectations.

Also, I don't think the demo is multiplayer, but I will definitely rape you when the full game is released ;).

ATOJAR
04-25-09, 01:09 PM
Also, I don't think the demo is multiplayer, but I will definitely rape you when the full game is released ;).

We will see about that! lol.

Yeah i noticed the multiplayer wasnt available on second look, Still a awsome game though.

jdspinna
04-25-09, 09:25 PM
it seems a bit complex given that the demo doesn't really give any explanation how to grapple etc.

The demo has a training tutorial included that takes you through all of the moves one by one.

Lfctony
04-25-09, 10:34 PM
The demo has a training tutorial included that takes you through all of the moves one by one.

How did I miss that? (omg)

shabby
04-26-09, 03:42 PM
There's so many moves in this thing, pulling them off in practice is easy but in a regular fight good luck.

ATOJAR
04-28-09, 02:33 AM
There's so many moves in this thing.

Roger that sir.

The more i play this game the more i like it, Managed to talk the missus into playing lastnight lol(easy meat i thought lol) She was chuck i was shogun ...Man she KO'd me in the 1st round then beat me three times after that lol ..... Thats when i thought to myself, What am i doing? .... im shogun, a BJJ guy and im trying to trade blows with with the "Iceman" ... after that i beat her twice by submission & once with a evil kick to the head after she gassed herself out.

I hope they tweak the ground game abit more before official release & i also hope they add some facial damage.

Really fun game, Love it all in all.

Mr. Hunt
04-28-09, 03:09 AM
They do have facial damage like cuts and stuff... not sure about bruising though... but you can definitely bruise legs and the body from kicks and stuff.

ATOJAR
04-28-09, 04:15 AM
I noticed shogun had a pretty big gash at the end of one round below his eye BUT it seemed to totally disappear into the next round also it didnt seem to have any blood running from it at all.

I would like to have seen the cut re-open and start bleeding again if hit hard enough/enough times.

Blood .... i want blood!

(nana2)

Mr. Hunt
04-28-09, 11:40 AM
I noticed shogun had a pretty big gash at the end of one round below his eye BUT it seemed to totally disappear into the next round also it didnt seem to have any blood running from it at all.

I would like to have seen the cut re-open and start bleeding again if hit hard enough/enough times.

Blood .... i want blood!

(nana2)

It should... I see people say this a lot but I haven't had cuts heal up between rounds... I mean... the cornermen get it to stop bleeding and what not, but it is still visibly there for me.

ATOJAR
05-01-09, 04:50 AM
If anybody is getting this game on release date (22-05-09 in uk) and fancys a good ol bust up online then feel free to add me ready for release, PS3 ID is in sig. :)