PDA

View Full Version : No love for Red Faction?

Destroy
04-25-09, 10:55 AM
Demo came out 2 days ago. Destruction is damn impressive.

crainger
04-25-09, 04:07 PM
I downloaded and forgot to play. ::(:

Lfctony
04-26-09, 07:20 AM
Looks decent, plays quite average. Maybe when its in the bargain bin...

Destroy
04-26-09, 08:07 AM
Looks decent, plays quite average. Maybe when its in the bargain bin...

Yeah, I played through it 2x now. The tout it as a GTA with everything destructible. Sure everything does break but the whole game feels weak, average and uninteresting. Graphics are nothing impressive. Weapons are dull with no punch or feel. No cool special abilities. The setting is some futuristic mining area that does not 'suck me' in at all. I had more fun playing Fracture than this game and that's pretty sad.

Destroy
06-08-09, 06:07 PM
The game is out and getting great reviews. 87 score on Metacritic currently. That's 2 points BETTER than inFamous(85) btw!!!!??

I don't get it. Crap demo or what? I must be backwards to what most critics like. Loved FUEL. RF:G demo I thought sucked.

nekrosoft13
06-08-09, 06:35 PM
i liked the demo, just the controls where bad. waiting for proper release ;)

Mr. Hunt
06-08-09, 07:11 PM
Bought it this weekend and been playing it. Definitely fun, but it can be a bit frustrating at times on some missions.

|MaguS|
06-08-09, 09:25 PM
The game is out and getting great reviews. 87 score on Metacritic currently. That's 2 points BETTER than inFamous(85) btw!!!!??

I don't get it. Crap demo or what? I must be backwards to what most critics like. Loved FUEL. RF:G demo I thought sucked.

It's actually not faring so well... it's beating infamouse by 2 yet it has less half the amount of reviews then infamous...

Buenamos
06-09-09, 12:18 AM
Been playin through it also, it's pretty fun blowing stuff up but the world is extremely bland.

FastRedPonyCar
06-10-09, 09:42 PM
Eh, sounds like I thought it would be... just a tech demo for an engine that lets you blow up everything and no real substance to keep you playing after everything is demolished.

NarcissistZero
06-11-09, 03:19 AM
The demo is damn fun... looks a smidge better on PS3 too, which is odd. I can't wait to get it... but I am broke ATM :(

|MaguS|
06-11-09, 07:20 AM
The demo is damn fun... looks a smidge better on PS3 too, which is odd. I can't wait to get it... but I am broke ATM :(

o_0

Considering how many games you buy Im not surprised...

NarcissistZero
06-11-09, 12:43 PM
o_0

Considering how many games you buy Im not surprised...

Hahahaha... I just moved back home, got a new apartment, electricity deposit, etc. etc...

|MaguS|
06-11-09, 01:56 PM
Hahahaha... I just moved back home, got a new apartment, electricity deposit, etc. etc...

huh? You moved back home and got a new apartment? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of moving back home?

NarcissistZero
06-11-09, 08:42 PM
huh? You moved back home and got a new apartment? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of moving back home?

I was in Philadelphia for 6 months or so for an internship... moved back home to Tampa a week or so ago for more graduate school fun in the Fall. We were at the end of our lease when we left, and got a new one now.

It was expensive.