PDA

View Full Version : 3D Vision here I come!

MaxFX
05-04-09, 07:41 AM
I have done it guys, just ordered the 3D Vision Kit (nana2)
The price wasent to bad eaiter, probably the most well spent money ever, let the Revolution begin im ready :D

|MaguS|
05-04-09, 07:53 AM
So wait you talked tons of **** but you never actually had it? Wow...

newparad1gm
05-04-09, 08:37 AM

Hahaha, fortunately though, I have 3DVision as well and know that it kicks ass (when the game does support it, otherwise the Samsung 2233RZ isn't a shabby monitor for regular 2D play either), so he won't be eating his words. Does make me wish I got a DLP HDTV though for true 1080p 3DVision on a giant ass screen.

saturnotaku
05-04-09, 08:47 AM
I want one of the 120 Hz monitors, but they only come with one input. I need two in order to hook up my desktop and notebook.

MaxFX
05-04-09, 09:03 AM

Hey STFU moron I never said I had it I always said I will get it as soon it's out here in Sweden!

You just go back to you 2D gaming and weep baby ;)

Bearclaw
05-04-09, 09:09 AM
Hey STFU moron I never said I had it I always said I will get it as soon it's out here in Sweden!

You just go back to you 2D gaming and weep baby ;)

:lol2:

Shut up.

MaxFX
05-04-09, 09:10 AM
I want one of the 120 Hz monitors, but they only come with one input. I need two in order to hook up my desktop and notebook.

Yeah true it's crappy that they only have one DVI connection. But more will follow soon and some may atleast put in som more inputs one can hope.

@newparad1gm, yepp this new 120hz monitors are great in 2D, I saw that ppl who wouldent tuch any LCD whatsoever said they can finaly lay their old CRT to rest so I dont only get a new 3D display but also the fastest display for 2D :D

Here a great review!

Quote!
The 2233rz is currently the most responsive screen on the market and by far gives the best performance in 3D. This makes it the reference point in terms of screens in these two domains and gets it a 5-star rating from us. Nevertheless the ergonomics and colour quality leave something to be desired and will no doubt relativise the rating when other similar products come onto the market.
End off Quote!

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-358-4495-36.html

MaxFX
05-04-09, 09:21 AM
Nice! Looking forward to your feedback :)

It's a nice technology but I'm not willing to invest in a new 120Hz HDTV. My 60Hz Samsung is still working perfectly. Maybe next year...

Thanks will do :)

As I need another monitor anyway this just comes in handy, im sick of having to swap the keyboards around from my gaming comp and multicomp. so this will be all good (nana2)

newparad1gm
05-04-09, 09:58 AM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5011/dsc012662571468.th.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc012662571468.jpg)

Yep, wish I had that. Unfortunately my TV space only allows for up to a 50 inch TV, and I'm not sure how many 3D-Ready DLPs are made in that size, they all seem to be 60 and above.

Also, that TV is nice, but what is that LED and fan monstrosity sitting next to it?

nekrosoft13
05-04-09, 12:49 PM
Also, that TV is nice, but what is that LED and fan monstrosity sitting next to it?

probably one of DarthBeavis crazy PCs.

AngelGraves13
05-04-09, 05:25 PM
I need a faster video card for 3D Vision. It cuts performance in half. Maybe new drivers will fix it. I didn't spend top dollar on my video card because I knew a new generation would be out this year. Looking forward to the 380 GTX or whatever they're gonna call it!

top3koms
05-04-09, 05:46 PM
I need a faster video card for 3D Vision. It cuts performance in half. Maybe new drivers will fix it.

I have been playing with 3D vision for almost 2 months now and though I have not played more than a few games that displayed correctly (L4D ,Bioshock) I certainally have not seen this 50% performance reduction.Was this in one certain game ?

Enjoy your new setup MaxFX.

AngelGraves13
05-04-09, 05:53 PM
I have been playing with 3D vision for almost 2 months now and though I have not played more than a few games that displayed correctly (L4D ,Bioshock) I certainally have not seen this 50% performance reduction.Was this in one certain game ?

You have a better video card mate, I have a GTX 260 Core 216.

XDanger
05-04-09, 06:01 PM

Those games are probably about 150fps @1920x1200 in normal circumstances so you wouldnt.

AngelGraves13
05-04-09, 06:02 PM
L4D seemed to lag for me...that was with old drivers though.

3D Vision doesn't work with 185 drivers, so it's useless at the moment. I wish they'd just include it with the drivers like they do PhysX. It's a such a pain installing them. I tried installing after the 185 drivers and it said "3D vision is not supported by this driver version".

Annoying!

ViN86
05-04-09, 10:03 PM
I can't run 3D Vision with my 120Hz LCD TV, can I?

MaxFX
05-05-09, 05:44 PM
Well I got it today and woow just woow this is exactly what I was expecting and thats nuff said.

Must back and play some more, this is so great and I love every minute of it :D

L4D is to freaking awsome, I think my heart stoped when I was in an alley and a swarm of Zombies came after me, cant belive that it actually works this good. it's almost a shame, this is just to good to be true..oh man what I ride it is!

This is the best thing I have ever bought without question. it's to good really :D