PDA

View Full Version : Is Nintendo ever gonna stop posting profits?

litri
05-07-09, 04:32 AM
See below...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/nintendo-announces-record-sales-and-profits

saturnotaku
05-07-09, 06:26 AM
You ask this question like a profitable business is a bad thing.

Starscream
05-07-09, 09:36 AM
Is Nintendo ever gonna stop posting profits?

Like Saturnotaku said, is that a bad thing????

I sure hope they keep making money.

TheANIMAL
05-07-09, 09:59 AM
I am trying to remember the last time Nintendo did something original on its software side. Im not wishing to sound like a Nintendo basher, it just agrovates me a little that they have nailed the formula for business sucess and that formula has so very little creativity and originality in it.

NaitoSan
05-07-09, 12:17 PM
Nintendo is playing safe, especially during recession. I should say they're pretty lucky that they're not suffering like other giants. I hope Nintendo will bring out Wii HD soon with backward compatibility for original Wii games (upscaling them in HD would be awesome, as well GameCube games). That's when I'll be buying Wii.

I don't see anything wrong with Nintendo posting their profits. Hats off to them, that's how business goes... to make money. They do make some great games, maybe not for you but to me, I'm excited for Punch Out!! and other games. (I play them on my brother's Wii :o)

litri
05-08-09, 03:50 AM
You ask this question like a profitable business is a bad thing.

Of course not, i meant that this is a first for them in the last 12 years. It keeps happening for the last 3 years, i don't recall PS2 having the same market domination, had it?

It's strange, i feel like Nintendo is approaching it like Sony once did, let's have the 3rd parties make games no matter if they are good or not... and you see the results in quality.

crainger
05-08-09, 04:05 AM
PS2 is probably the most successful console ever. So I'd say it had total market domination, and is still quite popular in South American and Middle Eastern countries. Nintendo is doing really well though and not just on handhelds now. Still as Sony have shown. A solid console doesn't mean the follow up will succeed. ::(: Still PS3 is far from a failure, mainly thanks to it being one of the cheapest fully featured BD players you can get... Ability to import banned games is another plus for me. :;):

ViN86
05-08-09, 10:28 AM
It's not hard to post a profit when you actually sell your console at a profit and it sells like hotcakes.

crainger
05-08-09, 07:14 PM
It is hard to get into that position to begin with...