PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Good & Evil 2 Footage!

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
05-08-09, 05:55 PM
OMG, I hope this really is gameplay from the game. It looks freaking amazing!

http://kotaku.com/5246177/is-this-new-beyond-good--evil-2-footage

NarcissistZero
05-08-09, 06:13 PM
I don't think that could possibly be real gameplay or even in-engine on a current console... maybe it's pre-rendered or PC footage? It's hard to tell from the small size...

Looks amazing though. Very fluid.

nutcrackr
05-08-09, 06:14 PM
It's not in game, it's a target render. No game is that fluent and flawless.

NarcissistZero
05-08-09, 06:18 PM
Yeah, so... who cares.

I guess we can use it as a sign it will use the Assassin's Creed engine though, since it just looks like they will.

JohnDio
05-08-09, 07:00 PM
It's obvious that this is a render video and not real-time!

Mr. Hunt
05-08-09, 07:48 PM
If that was gameplay then I would hate to play that game. Looks uncomfortable to play. And why does the main character a rip off of the main character from the game "Wet"?

Sobbsy
05-08-09, 07:54 PM
Clearly just rendered using game assets. Guaranteed the final game will look worse, run worse, be far more clumsier and clunky, and be plagued with horrible horrible camera issues.

Speaking optimistically, of course :)

NarcissistZero
05-08-09, 08:01 PM
If that was gameplay then I would hate to play that game. Looks uncomfortable to play. And why does the main character a rip off of the main character from the game "Wet"?

Because that character is a rip-off of this one from the first game.

|MaguS|
05-08-09, 08:58 PM
Clearly just rendered using game assets. Guaranteed the final game will look worse, run worse, be far more clumsier and clunky, and be plagued with horrible horrible camera issues.

Speaking optimistically, of course :)

Nah the game can be very fluid, look at Assassins Creed and Uncharted. The animations are almost seemless.

It could easily be a prerecorded PC footage with dynamic camera in place to show off more action and style (during gameplay it could look different).

Graphically it can easily look that good on the PC, add some jaggies and there you got the console version. Textures don't look really out of the norm (when she jumps onto the roof you can see its not too high res).

SH64
05-08-09, 10:55 PM
No friggin' way thats in-game!

CaptNKILL
05-08-09, 11:17 PM
Looks awesome.

I doubt that was actual gameplay because it had that cinematic camera effect that would be irritating as hell in real time... but the game may look like that.

I just hope they don't screw it up. The first one was great.

crainger
05-09-09, 12:04 AM
Don't think it's ingame either. Must be a pre-render to generate interest or a proof of concept.

fizzelopeguss
05-09-09, 07:00 AM
@00:37 looks like shadow aliasing. Probably in game assets but prerendered to ensure smooth frames.

MaxFX
05-09-09, 11:06 AM
If the Pc version can look anything like that we surely seems to need a GTX 300 so heres hoping nVidia is involved so they push the boundaries really hard on ultra ultra high :D

Quick420
05-10-09, 02:16 AM
It's not in game, it's a target render. No game is that fluent and flawless.

Whats a target render?

Buio
05-10-09, 04:58 AM
Whats a target render?

A movie that is not done in realtime, trying to simulate how they game should look like.

Anyway, the movie looks cool. If they can get the gameplay anywhere close to it, it would rock.

SH64
07-24-09, 06:06 PM
Beyond Good & Evil 2 Not A Certainty
in a recent interview, Ubi's Laurent Detoc said that all is not certain, the decision to actually release a sequel, even though it is/was being worked on, is not definitive.
http://www.industrygamers.com/news/interview-ubisofts-detoc-on-turning-gamers-into-players/1/

bah...

|MaguS|
07-24-09, 06:15 PM
Beyond Good & Evil 2 Not A Certainty

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/interview-ubisofts-detoc-on-turning-gamers-into-players/1/

bah...

It's been confirmed that the game is being worked on... he's just retarded...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/23/ubisoft-na-prez-missed-memo-that-beyond-good-and-evil-2-is-totally/

Series creator Michel Ancel has flat-out talked about the sequel and some of his plans for it. More importantly, Ubisoft president Yves Guillemot himself debuted the game to the world's gaming press at last year's international Ubidays event -- which was also streamed live worldwide via the web, no less. (Oh, and Guillemot also spoke more about it later, as well.)

NarcissistZero
07-24-09, 09:05 PM
I would say this confirms it is still in planning stages though, and could be canceled if no firm development cycle can be started.

CaptNKILL
07-24-09, 09:36 PM
:(

This is one project that should not be dropped.

|MaguS|
07-24-09, 10:26 PM

It has not been dropped. The man they interviewed is the President of Ubisoft US, the game is developed at Ubisofts French Studios I believe he really wouldn't have much connection with the games development.

CaptNKILL
07-24-09, 10:33 PM
It has not been dropped. The man they interviewed is the President of Ubisoft US, the game is developed at Ubisofts French Studios I believe he really wouldn't have much connection with the games development.

I know.

I was just saying that it should not be dropped.

:POKE:

SH64
07-24-09, 10:37 PM

And you want us to pay money up front to these devs? .. told ya its not gonna work :p

CaptNKILL
07-24-09, 11:13 PM
And you want us to pay money up front to these devs? .. told ya its not gonna work :p

If there was a way for people to toss in a few bucks to show interest in the project I would. :p