PDA

View Full Version : WTH happened to the Dets 50 thread?

Pages : [1] 2

solofly
06-12-03, 03:09 PM
:confused:

GlowStick
06-12-03, 03:32 PM
I predict this thread is going to visit it.

creedamd
06-12-03, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by solofly
:confused:

I know you can read stickies right?:rolleyes:

solofly
06-12-03, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by creedamd
I know you can read stickies right?:rolleyes:

So where is it?

Dazz
06-12-03, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
I predict this thread is going to visit it. Lmao i concor.

nVidi0t
06-12-03, 04:31 PM
Did it turn into a flame war? It should have then just been pruned.

It was a nice pro-nVidia thread which there arent many of nowdays. This is NV news anyhow, it's funny how anti nVidia flames are just fine towards nVidia fans, but nVidia fans posting something positive results in a closed thread. lol.

digitalwanderer
06-12-03, 04:52 PM
Or mebbe they just moved a thread about new detonator drivers to the detonator driver forum?

:lol:

No, I'm probably wrong...you're probably right and it IS some form of secret ATi conspiracy. Actually I am sitting on top of MikeC with a gun right now typing this and plotting what to do to make this place better supportive of the ATi invasion... ;)

nVidi0t
06-12-03, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Or mebbe they just moved a thread about new detonator drivers to the detonator driver forum?

:lol:

No, I'm probably wrong...you're probably right and it IS some form of secret ATi conspiracy. Actually I am sitting on top of MikeC with a gun right now typing this and plotting what to do to make this place better supportive of the ATi invasion... ;)

It's not in the Detonator driver forum.

ATI consipracy?

Stow the sarcasm, don't you have a thread to write about how nVidia ruined your life? http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/icons/icon19.gif

MikeC
06-12-03, 05:15 PM
Actually I am sitting on top of MikeC with a gun right now typing this and plotting what to do to make this place better supportive of the ATi invasion... ;)

Well, the 256MB Radeon 9800 Pro I ordered from newegg last night should be here soon :eek:

JuiceZ will be struttin' his stuff with a CPU upgrade and a 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro :afro:

The Baron is getting a whole new system, which he desperately needed. I'm going to put his a$$ to work :type:

And the mods are getting some coin to continue their fight for truth, justice, and the American way :beer:

But now I'm broke... :smoking2:

Slappi
06-12-03, 05:20 PM
Yah what is going on. I actually was reading that thread. Also when they close a thread it just sits there but you can't post to it. :confused: That one is just gone.

The Baron
06-12-03, 05:25 PM
It was a glitch in the Matrix.

digitalwanderer
06-12-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
Stow the sarcasm, don't you have a thread to write about how nVidia ruined your life? http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/icons/icon19.gif
nVidia ruin my life? Are you kidding?!?! Aside from all the great times they've given me with me GF2, GF3, & GF4 do you really think I'm having a bad time poking fun at them and how they're just burying themselves deeper every single day?!?!

"ruined" is not the word I'd use, I owe nVidia quite a bit of happiness...but I paid for it at first, now they're giving it to me for free by way of vicarious entertainment!!! :lol: :lol:

But I will work on curbing me sarcasm a bit; this is the new, improved "kindler & gentler" Dig speaking here now. :)

volt
06-12-03, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by MikeC
Well, the 256MB Radeon 9800 Pro I ordered from newegg last night should be here soon :eek:

Traitor! NV35 ain't enough now? :D
ATI is deh devil.

MikeC
06-12-03, 05:33 PM
Your next Volt.

SurfMonkey
06-12-03, 05:34 PM
My god in heaven!! Somebody took my thread and... and... and... gave it a more sensible name ;)

How could you, I spent seconds thinking about that. It's an outrage, I'm quitting my job and becoming a trapist monk.

Burn the providers of NVidia forums!!

The original title was just there to attract attention otherwise, since it wasn't dissing nvidia, nobody would read it :D

volt
06-12-03, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by MikeC
Your next Volt.

I be dead first :angel: :p

MikeC
06-12-03, 05:38 PM
We might all be dead ;)

volt
06-12-03, 05:40 PM
Surely I'll be the last to get one, unless D3 / HL2 comes out sooner :p Still I'd be selling my sould to deh devil.

digitalwanderer
06-12-03, 05:52 PM
Well, I found the original "50 dets coming soon" thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13266&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) here in what looks to be a triply merged mish-mosh of a thread. :rolleyes:

(You guys REALLY didn't like Hellbinder starting that one, did ya? :rolleyes: ;) )

nVidi0t
06-12-03, 06:04 PM
It was just renamed then, Doh! :p

The Baron
06-12-03, 06:07 PM
Who is the baked merge-happy mod?
StealthHawk.

You didn't hear that from me.... ;)

digitalwanderer
06-12-03, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
It was just renamed then, Doh! :p
No, it was actually a couple of three threads that were merged methinks...at least I know there were two other threads that I posted in that are merged in with the Det 50 thread...but it's hard to know since I didn't move/merge 'em. ;)

Skuzzy
06-12-03, 07:17 PM
nVidia ruin my life? Are you kidding?!?! Aside from all the great times they've given me with me GF2, GF3, & GF4 do you really think I'm having a bad time poking fun at them and how they're just burying themselves deeper every single day?!?!

"ruined" is not the word I'd use, I owe nVidia quite a bit of happiness...but I paid for it at first, now they're giving it to me for free by way of vicarious entertainment!!! :lol: :lol:

But I will work on curbing me sarcasm a bit; this is the new, improved "kindler & gentler" Dig speaking here now. :)

If you don't stop holding your breath, you are going to explode. :D

Skuzzy
06-12-03, 07:20 PM
Why do I see MikeC and volt doing the light-saber thing and MikeC wagin the battle with a 9800Pro and volt using a dustbuster? :D

Hehe,..I gotta admit,..it is a pretty nutty image.

StealthHawk
06-12-03, 07:25 PM
All threads dealing with the B3D interview were merged together. As I explained somewhere in that thread, they are all talking about using multiple precisions.

AFAIK this whole "the Det50s will be clean" idea also came from the same interview, it was found in the conclusion.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13266

I feel the move was justified, if you look in the merged thread, you will see a lot of double posts...people talking about the same exact thing in 2 different threads.

Had the Det50 topic remained on-topic, it would have been moved into the Detonator Driver Forum.