PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Black Desktop after quitting games?

XxDeadlyxX
05-12-09, 02:42 AM
I'm sometimes getting a black desktop (no wallpaper - just black. Everything else is unaffected) after quitting UT3 (and maybe other games) and I am unable to fix it aside from a reboot. Anyone else get this? I'm using W7 RC1 7100 with 185.85 drivers and SLI.

crainger
05-12-09, 04:40 AM
Nope. Hasn't happened here my man.

wolfgar
05-12-09, 10:58 AM
Not for me either. Very stable

RC -64-bit, with 185.85 drivers.. But not SLI.
Clean install.

Only issue so far has been having to manually get the Dx9??.DLL driver for Fallout3.

Some difference in the way audio processes L-C-R vs XP for audio.

Yaboze
05-12-09, 11:07 AM
I noticed after a while, my aero taskbar, while still transparent, got weird looking after a while, it looked like it had candy stripe blurs in it, instead of just the blurry image behind it. I just rebooted and it's back.

I am running the 185.85 drivers.

pkirby11
05-12-09, 11:22 AM
I noticed after a while, my aero taskbar, while still transparent, got weird looking after a while, it looked like it had candy stripe blurs in it, instead of just the blurry image behind it. I just rebooted and it's back.

I am running the 185.85 drivers.

Yeah I get that when playing World of Warcraft. No need to reboot it's just messed up the background. Hold down your mouse button like you going to select files or icons then run your mouse across the bottom of the screen. Get's rid of it every time. Not a solution but at least it saves you rebooting. :)

Tr1cK
05-12-09, 12:32 PM
Yeah I get that when playing World of Warcraft. No need to reboot it's just messed up the background. Hold down your mouse button like you going to select files or icons then run your mouse across the bottom of the screen. Get's rid of it every time. Not a solution but at least it saves you rebooting. :)

Have you tried f5?

pkirby11
05-12-09, 01:18 PM
Have you tried f5?

Nope, does that work? Or were you wondering if I'd tried it to see if it would work? :)

Tr1cK
05-12-09, 02:48 PM
Nope, does that work? Or were you wondering if I'd tried it to see if it would work? :)

Asking if you tried it. It may work as it is supposed to be the same as hitting 'refresh'.

mailman2
05-12-09, 03:01 PM
Only issue so far has been having to manually get the Dx9??.DLL driver for Fallout3.

Carried over from Vista. Some DX9 games need to have the dx installer on their disk run to install DX9 needed files. No biggie but thats not a Windows 7 "thing".