PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Build 7127 x86/x64 leaked

Pages : [1] 2

AthlonXP1800
05-15-09, 12:42 PM
I found out it now leaked and am downloading the x64 version now. :D

Build 7127 fixed many bugs found in RC build 7100.

Bigbuck
05-15-09, 01:31 PM
Too bad they don't just put the fixes on Windows Update so people can test them.

mailman2
05-15-09, 01:44 PM
grabbing it now

|MaguS|
05-15-09, 01:44 PM
Cant they just release updates insted of a whole new version...

ViN86
05-15-09, 02:01 PM
Cant they just release updates insted of a whole new version...

I got updates in my RC today and last night. Maybe they did?

nekrosoft13
05-15-09, 03:31 PM
Too bad they don't just put the fixes on Windows Update so people can test them.

not really possible, since almost every file has changed.

from build to build, almost every file is changed, while some of the changes are just cosmetic (build versions).

crainger
05-15-09, 03:33 PM
Main thing to remember is, these new builds are often more unstable than the ones MS release to the public. So if you are using 7 as your main OS, stick with RC1 for now, play with the extra builds on a test bed.

mailman2
05-15-09, 04:08 PM
Main thing to remember is, these new builds are often more unstable than the ones MS release to the public. So if you are using 7 as your main OS, stick with RC1 for now, play with the extra builds on a test bed.

meh - ive had no issues with every beta Ive used (every one released). Thats just an excuse to not reinstall every time a beta arrives. Dont be lazy :)

Mines installing 7127 as we speak.

hell_of_doom227
05-15-09, 04:36 PM
Runs much better then RC. RC is buggy as hell.

npras42
05-15-09, 04:59 PM
I had a prob with RC. It was all going so well. I was so impressed by the speed and compatibility. I had pretty much everything installed that I have on my usual Vista install (apps and the like). Media Center was much better too....

Then I went for a restart and sometime during the Shutdown process everything just froze and the computer just restarted with the BSOD. Next boot it seems the startup files were corrupted.

You could say that's just unlucky but I never experienced anything like that with Vista. This was a second partition so no harm done but I'll hold on the experiments with Win7 for now, and just wait for full release. From everything I've seen so far they've already sewn up a product that's superior to Vista. I'll jut delay my gratification till the end of year when it Retails.

hell_of_doom227
05-15-09, 06:05 PM
RC should be called Beta 2. Windows 7 is not ready and it's buggy. MS is making same mistake like they did with Vista. Vista SP2 is OS to go with cause it runs well.

Sazar
05-15-09, 06:21 PM
/me shrugs

Works perfectly fine for me.

Zelda_fan
05-15-09, 07:32 PM
Windows 7 is 100% rock solid stable for me. Zero crashes since Beta 1.

nekrosoft13
05-15-09, 08:22 PM
I had a prob with RC. It was all going so well. I was so impressed by the speed and compatibility. I had pretty much everything installed that I have on my usual Vista install (apps and the like). Media Center was much better too....

Then I went for a restart and sometime during the Shutdown process everything just froze and the computer just restarted with the BSOD. Next boot it seems the startup files were corrupted.

You could say that's just unlucky but I never experienced anything like that with Vista. This was a second partition so no harm done but I'll hold on the experiments with Win7 for now, and just wait for full release. From everything I've seen so far they've already sewn up a product that's superior to Vista. I'll jut delay my gratification till the end of year when it Retails.

yes, profiles get corrupted in win7 quite often. sometimes they fix themself.

mailman2
05-15-09, 10:30 PM
yes, profiles get corrupted in win7 quite often. sometimes they fix themself.

Maybe its something you guys are running though, some application. I've had no issues like that with it either.

crainger
05-15-09, 11:38 PM
meh - ive had no issues with every beta Ive used (every one released). Thats just an excuse to not reinstall every time a beta arrives. Dont be lazy :)

Mines installing 7127 as we speak.

LOL

It is a good excuse. Don't disrupt it! ::p:

npras42
05-16-09, 05:28 AM
Maybe its something you guys are running though, some application. I've had no issues like that with it either.

Possibly, I can tell you pretty much everything I had installed though:

System: Intel Q9400 @ stock, 4GB 1066 DDR2, 9800GTX+, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard.

Software installed:

Windows Updates inc driver software for my "MSI k-VOX II USB TV Tuner" and "Realtek HD Audio" that were on Windows Update.
NVIDIA driver plus PhysX (latest beta) - can't remember version number off the top of my head.
Firefox
Office 2007 (no SP) - Word 07, Excel 07, Powerpoint 07.
Winamp
FFDshow (latest) plus Media Player Classic
Nero 8
Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0
uTorrent
GIMP
Flash Player and Shockwave
Adobe Acrobat Reader
7-Zip
ObjectDock
SopCast OCX

Crow_Nest
05-16-09, 06:47 AM
I dont know about yo guys, but ive been using W7 RC1 for sometime and so far its awesome. Never encountered any bugs.

pross
05-16-09, 07:22 AM
Just upgraded to 7127 x64 only had to reinstall X-FI drivers and dtools..I had to unplug my usb wireless nic and replug it to be re-discovered. No issues other than that.

mailman2
05-16-09, 08:21 AM
Possibly, I can tell you pretty much everything I had installed though:

System: Intel Q9400 @ stock, 4GB 1066 DDR2, 9800GTX+, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard.

Software installed:

Windows Updates inc driver software for my "MSI k-VOX II USB TV Tuner" and "Realtek HD Audio" that were on Windows Update.
NVIDIA driver plus PhysX (latest beta) - can't remember version number off the top of my head.
Firefox
Office 2007 (no SP) - Word 07, Excel 07, Powerpoint 07.
Winamp
FFDshow (latest) plus Media Player Classic
Nero 8
Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0
uTorrent
GIMP
Flash Player and Shockwave
Adobe Acrobat Reader
7-Zip
ObjectDock
SopCast OCX

Anything that is running all the time could be causing your problems. Objectdock, make sure you are disabling the auto update features in msconfig for reader and all the crap that Nero has running on startup.

I dont know how picky you are about that stuff, but in my msconfig under startup the only thing that I let run is the software for my sound and the Nvidia things. Nothing else runs on startup or in the back ground on my machines. I have a feeling though its something you have running causing the profile issues. How often does it happen? Try disabling everything from MSconfig / startup and see if you can get it to happen.

mailman2
05-16-09, 08:29 AM
Just upgraded to 7127 x64 only had to reinstall X-FI drivers and dtools..I had to unplug my usb wireless nic and replug it to be re-discovered. No issues other than that.

My upgrade went flawlessly. No need to reinstall anything here.

hell_of_doom227
05-16-09, 11:44 AM
7130 Escrow RTM is going to be out soon.

mailman2
05-16-09, 11:58 AM
7130 Escrow RTM is going to be out soon.

Yea, its funny how hard and fast they are pushing Windows 7. Granted it's built from a "fixed" Vista, there is alot that is not even close to Vista. I'm more than happy to see this RTM very soon.

Where are you getting that information about 7130 being escrow RTM though? I have seen information saying RTM may be ready in less than 3 months.

hokeyplyr48
05-16-09, 01:44 PM
i'm currently running 7068, can i just upgrade to that or do I need a fresh install?

hell_of_doom227
05-16-09, 02:01 PM
Yea, its funny how hard and fast they are pushing Windows 7. Granted it's built from a "fixed" Vista, there is alot that is not even close to Vista. I'm more than happy to see this RTM very soon.

Where are you getting that information about 7130 being escrow RTM though? I have seen information saying RTM may be ready in less than 3 months.

Some MS Employee had screenshot of his desktop and one of the folder was called Windows 7 7130 Escrow RTM. RTM can be reached as soon as July, and of course MS won't release it till OEM gets it and test it first. I think there will be month delays for manufactures to get their drivers. MS wont make Vista mistake.