View Full Version : Steam Weekend Deal: COD WAW @ $25

Pages : [1] 2

Retrolock
05-15-09, 01:05 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10090/

:D I love STEAM

Bigbuck
05-15-09, 01:21 PM
Even though I won't play MP, I am tempted to get this as I know it won't be this low for at least 3-4 years. How long is the SP?

NarcissistZero
05-15-09, 01:23 PM
Little longer than CoD4, but not by much.

Good game though, if you like linear shooters.

Bigbuck
05-15-09, 01:30 PM
Little longer than CoD4, but not by much.

Good game though, if you like linear shooters.

CoD4 SP was ok, but for $50 I was pretty disappointed when I finished it so quickly. MP is also ok, but there's many things that could/should be changed. I'm starting to like games like Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 that will last me a long time. They still have the shooting I want, but without it being over before I get into the game. I think I will wait for 10 years and buy it when its $5 on Steam :P.

bob saget
05-15-09, 01:36 PM
i really did not care for the SP. Especially some of the later levels, the structure of the level is disgusting.

bacon12
05-15-09, 02:57 PM
This game now after patches is in pretty good shape. Worth a buy IMO.

Sazar
05-15-09, 03:10 PM
Hows the graphics performance compared to MW?

Is it faster/slower/the same?

I might grab this when I get home.

ATi
05-15-09, 03:41 PM
Hows the graphics performance compared to MW?

Is it faster/slower/the same?

I might grab this when I get home.

About the same as MW

methimpikehoses
05-15-09, 04:24 PM
I would say it's a fair bit more demanding than COD4.

Great game, $25 is a very good deal. I will pwn U at MP.

technoid
05-15-09, 08:35 PM
It's downloading now. I looked at it at Best Buy the other day for 50 bucks and for 25 it's a no-brainer. I still like WWII shooters so I had to get it.

EDIT: I just checked and steam says it's 100% ready. I really like our new FIOS, 20 MBit downloads are nice.

ChaoticNick
05-15-09, 08:38 PM
I played the beta, gameplay seems just like CoD2, but with CoD4 features and graphics. Which is awesome! :D

Destroy
05-15-09, 09:51 PM
Blah, WW2 crap. Gimme CoD4 for $25 and I'd get that.

NaitoSan
05-16-09, 12:31 AM
Wow, Loved CoD4 and haven't played this one yet. Might go and buy it. :D

EDIT: Bought!

Buio
05-16-09, 04:10 AM
Blah, WW2 crap. Gimme CoD4 for $25 and I'd get that.

Go and check some stores maybe? I just checked a popular store here in Sweden and COD4:MW cost 249SEK for 360 and 239SEK for PC (GOTY Edition with 4 extra maps). That is about $30 or 23.

mcolbourn
05-16-09, 05:01 AM
Well over here in the UK it is shown as 14.99 so I could not resist buying it.

Sazar
05-16-09, 11:56 AM
Meh, game is ok.

COD4:MW was much better in my opinion.

Maybe it's just me but after playing all these other games, especially Crysis, I just can't get into ultra-scripted games anymore :(

HAVE to go through this corridor, HAVE to kill x number of germans in this room, CANNOT open doors yourself.

Meh.

Crysis ftw !!! :D

NarcissistZero
05-16-09, 01:45 PM
Linear games usually make for more exciting and cinema-like experiences... open-world games make for slower, more immersive experiences. Both are awesome when done right, and in my opinion CoD does linear right.

Sazar
05-16-09, 02:22 PM
I know, but WAW is much more linear than previous COD games, from what I have seen on the first 3 levels.

It's almost annoyingly so.

saturnotaku
05-16-09, 02:25 PM
I would get this if I didn't already have a copy that was included in the eVGA 9800 GT I bought a couple months ago.

Zhivago
05-16-09, 05:38 PM
Of all the linear WW2 shooters I have played, this was easily my favorite (a lot better than CoD2).

Sazar
05-16-09, 05:44 PM
The graphics are purdy :)

mailman2
05-16-09, 05:44 PM
Meh, game is ok.

COD4:MW was much better in my opinion.

Maybe it's just me but after playing all these other games, especially Crysis, I just can't get into ultra-scripted games anymore :(

HAVE to go through this corridor, HAVE to kill x number of germans in this room, CANNOT open doors yourself.

Meh.

Crysis ftw !!! :D

Crysis was as scripted as any COD game. Dunno where this great opinion of Crysis came from as some open ended game. I'd say if you want open ended then GTA IV would easily win that catagory. Crysis was a tech demo with an ok story. COD games are always amazing stories. I loved the end of COD4. COD WAW was a great SP experience too. Both are much better than Crysis or Warhead.

You guys have your own sub forum. Now get back in there :)

Zhivago
05-17-09, 12:13 AM
Crysis was as scripted as any COD game. Dunno where this great opinion of Crysis came from as some open ended game. I'd say if you want open ended then GTA IV would easily win that catagory. Crysis was a tech demo with an ok story. COD games are always amazing stories. I loved the end of COD4. COD WAW was a great SP experience too. Both are much better than Crysis or Warhead.

You guys have your own sub forum. Now get back in there :)

COD games always have "great stories?" Hmm, I am willing to bet many people would argue with you on that.. CoD gets the action/shooting right, the stories are pretty minimal (well, when I think about it, MW had a passable plot).

technoid
05-17-09, 06:58 AM
Okay, bought it, it downloaded fine and I started playing it last night. So far I'm not sure if I like it or not. The first mission had a really tight playing field, as in I couldn't go off the track much without hitting the invisible wall. The second mission was better but I'm still not sure if it's a keeper, that being I play it more than once, or a throw away. Will update after I play it more.

bob saget
05-17-09, 10:54 AM
for 25 i think its worth it.