PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam 3 in Development!

SH64
05-16-09, 04:46 PM
Serious update:
Here is the brief update on the events from both the business and development side:

Since the Serious Sam 2 was released in end of 2005, we have been working hard on a number of things, one of which is new next-gen 'Serious Engine 3' technology. More on this will come in future updates.

We have also recently started the development on two games, one of which is the next Serious Sam FPS game. Here, we are pretty close in signing the publishing deal, so when that happens, you'll hear it here as well.

Regarding military game we were working for some time, that development was halted some time ago by investors and publishers. We were doing a 'work-for-hire' development there, so after the game was put on hold, there was nothing more to do there and we moved back to our projects. Obviously, the above also means that our next title won't be published by Gamec0ck, as contrary to last year's published press release by Gamec0ck.

Finally, to reassure again all our fans, our development is going great on all three projects and we will soon have exciting things to show. Since a lot still has to be done, especially on the next Sam game, we don't have a firm release date on it yet. When we do, we'll announce it here on our pages.

Stay serious,

Roman Ribaric
CEO
Croteam
http://www.croteam.com/

:cool:

Dreamweavernoob
05-16-09, 04:57 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Mr. Hunt
05-16-09, 07:29 PM
After part 2... no ty.

sammy sung
05-16-09, 07:37 PM
After part 2... no ty.

Agreed ,part 2 was a stinking p.o.s

SH64
05-16-09, 07:40 PM
I hope SS3 builds up on the original though..

jcrox
05-16-09, 07:42 PM
I liked the original but man... Part 2 was ****

XxDeadlyxX
05-16-09, 09:21 PM
I finished Part 2 on Serious difficulty and I thought it was good, but damn... on the last level the number of waves of enemies was just insane....

K007
05-17-09, 02:23 AM
I...no...no thx.

NaitoSan
05-17-09, 03:01 AM
didn't like serious sam 2 very much but first serious sam and 1.5 was awesome. i look forward to serious sam 3 and hopefully it's better than serious sam 2 (probably will)

HiCZoK4
05-17-09, 03:02 AM
Painkiller ftw :D
SS1 was cool(the one in egypt) but all others were just boring

CaptNKILL
05-17-09, 03:36 AM
The first one had some fun parts and the engine was very impressive back in 2001... but its possibly the only game I ever used cheats to complete. It just got too annoying and repetitive and I wanted to see the final boss battle.

I like the scale of these games and the smooth graphics engines, but the gameplay just isn't varied enough to keep me interested.

Painkiller was the same way except the level design was far less interesting. I only got through maybe half of PK before getting bored.

Mr. Hunt
05-17-09, 03:37 AM
What do you mean Captn? Running backwards and shooting everything isn't varied enough for you?! SOMETIMES YOU RUN BACKWARDS INTO SOMETHING AND HAVE TO JUMP MAN!

CaptNKILL
05-17-09, 03:48 AM
What do you mean Captn? Running backwards and shooting everything isn't varied enough for you?! SOMETIMES YOU RUN BACKWARDS INTO SOMETHING AND HAVE TO JUMP MAN!

:rofl

Exactly.

The only thing that breaks it up is the odd enemy that is faster than you and causes you to get swarmed by the other enemies (like the giant bulls in SS1).

I think the one thing that would make me give these games another chance would be some new gameplay mechanics to make some kind of connection between the levels. Like, after finishing a level you get a chance to buy or upgrade weapons, improve stats, unlock new abilities etc.

Basically, the kind of thing that most flash games are doing now to make them more interesting.

Though I guess that would require quite a bit of extra testing for the levels.

SH64
05-17-09, 04:27 AM
I remember taking advantage of some glitches to make things easier for me in final levels. Like in SS:2nd Encounter i would use the bulls hit to fly over the walls and then just shoot them from up there. sometimes the hit it so hard that i would fly out of the map lol :D

Dreamweavernoob
05-17-09, 05:07 AM
I remember taking advantage of some glitches to make things easier for me in final levels. Like in SS:2nd Encounter i would use the bulls hit to fly over the walls and then just shoot them from up there. sometimes the hit it so hard that i would fly out of the map lol :D

Serious sam the first and second encounter were SERIOUS win :D

Serious Sam 2 licked liberals balls and didnt swallow.

Crow_Nest
05-17-09, 11:58 AM
I hope they make it closer to SS1 and as far away as they can from SS2. :\

TheANIMAL
05-17-09, 02:40 PM
Translocator gun and much faster enemeis would be cool.

Sobbsy
05-17-09, 09:05 PM
Any Serious Sam is good Serious Sam as far as I'm concerned. SS2 was... very different... But I did still enjoy it and it did still have that whacky sense of humor that Croteam is famous for.

I would however prefer a return to Egypt and the same style of gameplay as the first games had. Simple is often better in these situations. Remake the first game on a brand new engine with a little more 'depth' to the puzzles and environment... Serious Sam Redux? :captnkill:

FastRedPonyCar
05-17-09, 09:43 PM
I liked all of the SS games so far. It's something I can just pick up and play without thinking and quit at any time. I liked them a little better than painkiller actually.

Burnt_Ram
05-20-09, 07:07 AM
Serious sam the first and second encounter were SERIOUS win :D

Serious Sam 2 licked liberals balls and didnt swallow.

i agree, the first two games where good but the last one did indeed suck.

Atomizer
05-21-09, 03:40 AM
Needs more Duke. Sam can....not