PDA

View Full Version : New Mass Effect 2 dev commentary

Pages : [1] 2

Tuork
05-19-09, 11:30 AM
It's over on their site. Too lazy to link.

Looks very, very promising. It worries me a bit that they talk about all the things they've done, but they don't say anything about fixing things from the previous game. I don't know... maybe it's just me.

Man, this is one of those few games that I really really want to get my hands on...

Oh, and from the looks of it, odds are the Normandy is going to get beaten the crap out of... maybe this is the KIA stuff from the first teaser... Theories, anyone?

|MaguS|
05-19-09, 12:19 PM
Think were going to be a rescue squad who are sent to find shepard and company...

Tuork
05-19-09, 12:25 PM
Think were going to be a rescue squad who are sent to find shepard and company...

That would plainly suck :(. What's the point in having the game carry-on from ME1 then?
Maybe for the first level or something it would be ok, but I want to be Shepard again!

|MaguS|
05-19-09, 12:51 PM
That would plainly suck :(. What's the point in having the game carry-on from ME1 then?
Maybe for the first level or something it would be ok, but I want to be Shepard again!

He might be a character in your party...

Tuork
05-19-09, 11:08 PM
He might be a character in your party...

Shepherd a character in my party? Blasphemy!

Well..I don't know. ME1 was awesome. I have faith in the fine gents and ladies over at BioWare. They're smart cookies, they'll figure it out.

crainger
05-20-09, 02:30 AM
Yeah. Even their not so good games are masterpieces. To me Mass Effect was freaking awesome. One of a few games I could play back to back several times. (Dawn of War II is another, along with Deus Ex and Saint's Row)

Toss3
05-20-09, 02:37 AM
Yeah. Even their not so good games are masterpieces. To me Mass Effect was freaking awesome. One of a few games I could play back to back several times. (Dawn of War II is another, along with Deus Ex and Saint's Row)

Mass Effect was legendary! Going to replay it as soon as I'm done with all my exams(never got around to finishing all the side quests the first time)! :)

H3avyM3tal
05-20-09, 05:16 AM
That is Shepard standing amidst the ruined Normandy. It has to be!

:wonder:

DansFace
05-20-09, 01:06 PM

does dawn of war IIs single player get better?
right now every mission feels the same....

Toss3
05-20-09, 02:47 PM
does dawn of war IIs single player get better?
right now every mission feels the same....

Nope - I never even finished it because it was so damn repetitive. :( Game mechanics and gameplay were top notch though! :thumbsup:

crainger
05-21-09, 06:22 AM
It does pick up right at the end. I recommend one of the SP mods to spice it up. When you get Thule with a nice autocannon things become very fun and very cinematic.

Toss3
05-21-09, 08:10 AM
Man I just love the music themes in Mass Effect(spoiler alert!):

yVm_ljDSdwA
-19bl4_SDfI
MEc1OTFaWnI
hKaeg4fBOlA
69GLGTLnT30

Tuork
05-21-09, 09:33 AM
Man I just love the music themes in Mass Effect(spoiler alert!):

Seconded! :)

NarcissistZero
05-21-09, 02:03 PM
I actually bought the soundtrack... love it.

crainger
05-21-09, 04:03 PM
Me too. I often listen to it at work. In fact most of the music on my iPod is game soundtracks. ::D:

jlippo
05-22-09, 03:35 AM
There were some quite big choices in the game that affected things beyond the level or color of Shepards eyes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shepard as a big plot character, which would do choices that wouldn't always be good for the player.
Especially if he's action would be defined by how player played him in ME1. ;)

nekrosoft13
05-24-09, 01:59 PM
- You will play as Shepard, but for how long is unknown
- There is a new species called the Drell and Thane is a new character who is an assassin and may join your party
- Planets - There will be a Krogan planet, and Illium, an Asari planet, that is like Coruscant from SW. Also there is 'Omega'with is like an anti-Citadel in that it’s huge and it’s the bottom of the barrel whereas the Citadel is the height of civilization. Also a Cerebus mothership will act as a location of significance.
- Story - The ultimate story is still civilization fending off the Reapers, but this chapter will deal with this Cerebus corporation and it’s enigmatic leader. There are human civilizations disappearing and it’s up to Shepard to investigate, it’s termed as a 'suicide mission' which may lead to the details of the teaser.
- New vehicle that controls better than the Mako…a 'new' control scheme.
- Totally revamped inventory system
- Elevator system revamped where you will get the sense of scope of where you’re at and where you’re traveling.
- No more texture pop in.
- Secondary races like Volus and Elcor are much more mobile, giving more depth and makes things more interesting.
- Choices are more meaningful and there is a real risk that major support characters (i.e. anyone not Shepard) can and will die.
- Also on the story, they’re super-hyping the ending, saying that it’s much more grand meaningful in ME2.
- More weapons, more species, more/new team members.
- Returning team members, locations, weapons.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/05/23/mass-effect-and-mass-effect-2-info-leaked-from-oxm/

Toss3
05-24-09, 02:11 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2009/05/23/mass-effect-and-mass-effect-2-info-leaked-from-oxm/

GOTY! :D Can't wait!

Tuork
05-24-09, 02:32 PM
Oh yes... OH HELL YES!
I am a giddy little 13 year old when it comes to this game. :)

I'm very glad that the three major issues I had with the game are being taken care of (Mako controls, elevators/texture popping and the inventory system). Also, new weapons are very much welcome. :D

crainger
05-24-09, 03:50 PM
The elevators sounds awesome. I always wondered why the were no glass elevators on the citadel. Especially when riding to the council chambers.

NarcissistZero
05-24-09, 04:26 PM
I thought the original ME's ending was pretty grand and memorable.

CaptNKILL
05-24-09, 04:36 PM
I thought the original ME's ending was pretty grand and memorable.

Agreed.

One of the best endings in any recent game.

Based on that list of changes, ME2 is going to be awesome. :thumbsup:

I just hope they don't screw with the Mako too much. I didn't really have any problems controlling it at all using a mouse and keyboard. It felt pretty similar to using vehicles in Battlefield or C&C: Renegade. I don't mind if they make it more streamlined but if they make it not work right with a mouse I'll be pissed. ;)

Sazar
05-24-09, 05:03 PM
I've played through ME a couple of times since this was announced :D

Love the game. Maybe you'll meet some of the "missing" Prothean scientists :eek:

:D

NarcissistZero
05-24-09, 06:46 PM
I just hope they don't screw with the Mako too much. I didn't really have any problems controlling it at all using a mouse and keyboard. It felt pretty similar to using vehicles in Battlefield or C&C: Renegade. I don't mind if they make it more streamlined but if they make it not work right with a mouse I'll be pissed. ;)

I don't even think it was much of a problem on consoles, where it controled like the vehicles in Halo do.

Tuork
05-25-09, 12:21 AM
I don't even think it was much of a problem on consoles, where it controled like the vehicles in Halo do.

You mean like a fat man on a unicycle?