PDA

View Full Version : Project Trico (from Team ICO) trailer leaked [PS3]

Pages : [1] 2

NaitoSan
05-19-09, 08:29 PM
Oh man that looks freaking awesome. I'm not sure if it's a real thing and I believe it could be a sequel to ICO (Shadow of the Colossus' a prequel). This might not be part of final game but more of a tech demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3fED8EXl4&fmt=22

EDIT: Woohoo, hit 4,000 post counts. :D

S.I.N
05-19-09, 08:58 PM
Looks no better than there last two PS2 games which reminds me I still have to finish Shadow of the Colossus. This E3 is going to be awesome.

NarcissistZero
05-19-09, 09:53 PM
Ico was amazing... I never played Colossus, for some reason.

This looks pretty stunning.

NaitoSan
05-19-09, 10:46 PM
Anyone who hasn't played Shadow of the Colossus need to get booted by Bigman. If you thought ICO was amazing, SotC is even more awesome and epic. Fighting against huge colossus is tense!

|MaguS|
05-19-09, 10:50 PM
Wow, Im excited! I wonder what the gameplay will be like...

Lfctony
05-19-09, 11:04 PM
After all these years, you'd expect better running animations... Maybe they should have someone run around in their studios and record it. They could actually replicate running movement without making a character look like a bird, flapping hands left and right, given today's engines and technology...

|MaguS|
05-19-09, 11:11 PM
After all these years, you'd expect better running animations... Maybe they should have someone run around in their studios and record it. They could actually replicate running movement without making a character look like a bird, flapping hands left and right, given today's engines and technology...

This footage is probably really old. If you look at how ICO and SOTC looked prior to release you would see how much of a difference time did for them. Heck SOTC got changed a month prior to releasee to support proper 480p support and get a little more tweaked.

I trust Team ICO, They haven't let me down yet. Animation is their strongest area... graphics edge is their weak area, usually helps that they have such a talented group of artists working for them.

Early SOTC
LeBpRiWGdWg

Mr. Hunt
05-19-09, 11:17 PM
I hope this is true... the game looks amazing. It looked pretty legit... the animation and art style definitely seemed like it would be coming from Team ICO... the griffon stuff looked awesome.

fizzelopeguss
05-19-09, 11:20 PM
It's year old + footage, probably when they were pitching the project to sony.

If the end product resembles anything like 3:07 and 3:30 of that video graphically then we're in for a treat.

Look at the shadows reacting with the dust ffs.

NaitoSan
05-19-09, 11:23 PM
Entire animations in ICO and SotC are done by hands... which is rather impressive. Some animations did fool me thinking it's done by mo-cap.

Graphically, it's amazing and I don't think it's the weak area... it's the style of Team ICO. I consider both titles a piece of art.

Mr. Hunt
05-19-09, 11:58 PM
Entire animations in ICO and SotC are done by hands... which is rather impressive. Some animations did fool me thinking it's done by mo-cap.

Graphically, it's amazing and I don't think it's the weak area... it's the style of Team ICO. I consider both titles a piece of art.

I agree. Polygon wise, ICO and SotC aren't impressive. But they are just visually stunning because of the style.

Zelda_fan
05-20-09, 01:03 AM
I could care less about poly count, and texture resolution, etc...

I care more about art direction and animation. And this game looks really interesting. And coming from me that's saying something since I hate Sony's guts.

Oh well. Maybe I'll get a PS3 if this turns out to be any good. I'll need a blu-ray player eventually...

Definitely looking forward to this E3. Hopefully a new Zelda announcement for the Wii.

Zelda_fan
05-20-09, 01:06 AM

Dude, I don't know what your talking about. These animations look extremely good to me. But I suppose if you're used to Crysis's crappy animations, then good ones like these will seem different to you.

Mr. Hunt
05-20-09, 01:12 AM
I could care less about poly count, and texture resolution, etc...

I care more about art direction and animation. And this game looks really interesting. And coming from me that's saying something since I hate Sony's guts.

Oh well. Maybe I'll get a PS3 if this turns out to be any good. I'll need a blu-ray player eventually...

Definitely looking forward to this E3. Hopefully a new Zelda announcement for the Wii.

Get you at least a PS2 on the cheap and play through ICO and Shadow of the Colossus man... FANTASTIC games. I know you think I am just a Sony nuthugger, and maybe at times I am... but they are seriously amazing games.

Zelda_fan
05-20-09, 01:15 AM
Those games always looked interesting. I might as well buy a PS3 since it has backwards compatibility though...

Mr. Hunt
05-20-09, 01:18 AM
Those games always looked interesting. I might as well buy a PS3 since it has backwards compatibility though...

Yeah, but there IS a "slight" price difference lol.

NarcissistZero
05-20-09, 02:42 AM
Gamespot sells the old 60GB PS3 with backwards compatability for $429... only $30 more than a new model. Not too bad.

Mr. Hunt
05-20-09, 02:48 AM
Gamespot sells the old 60GB PS3 with backwards compatability for $429... only $30 more than a new model. Not too bad.

I was talking about between a PS2 to play the first two Team ICO games, and a PS3 lol.

Lfctony
05-20-09, 06:45 AM
Dude, I don't know what your talking about. These animations look extremely good to me. But I suppose if you're used to Crysis's crappy animations, then good ones like these will seem different to you.

I don't know about you, but when I sprint I don't flap my arms around like an idiot. I actually know that I'm not a bird...

Q
05-20-09, 07:48 AM
So, you have a Catlossus as a pet. Nice.

LurkerLito
05-20-09, 07:57 AM
It looks great. I have been waiting for a sequel to ICO for a while and this might be it, though it looks like it's a mix between ICO and colossus. I thought SoC was a great game, but I didn't think it was as good as ICO and to me it wasn't really a sequel to ICO. ICO was hard game for me to stop playing, while SoC got boring every now and then.

|MaguS|
05-20-09, 07:57 AM
So, you have a Catlossus as a pet. Nice.

Looked like a baby Griffin to me.

Marvel_us
05-20-09, 09:37 AM
Yup, which is probably why the wings are small. Sigh, unfortunately I've never played Ico or SotC so I will pass on all upcoming PS3 games until I play those. :(

Zelda_fan
05-20-09, 10:33 AM
It looks great. I have been waiting for a sequel to ICO for a while and this might be it, though it looks like it's a mix between ICO and colossus. I thought SoC was a great game, but I didn't think it was as good as ICO and to me it wasn't really a sequel to ICO. ICO was hard game for me to stop playing, while SoC got boring every now and then.

I think there's going to be a lot more combat in this game than ICO.

There was a point where the griffon dived down into the water, and there were about 30 arrows sticking out of his body.

tornadog
05-20-09, 10:48 AM
wondering about the gameplay too...Played SoC last year on my first ps3 that had BC, and was highly unimpressed.