PDA

View Full Version : ***Official UFC 2009: Undisputed Thread***

ATOJAR
05-22-09, 10:03 AM
So its been released today here in the UK, Just been out and purchased it for PS3, Aint had chance to play it yet though(will be on later tonight) ... what do you guys think about the full game? any difference in the fight system/engine between full release and demo?

Ill let you know what i think later when i have a blast, If anybody fancys a online game add me to your PS3 friends list. :)

PS3 tag :- JAR-1978

Lfctony
05-22-09, 11:50 AM
Originally loved it, then hated it... Will wait for Fight Night Round 4 instead...

Mr. Hunt
05-22-09, 12:28 PM
Been playing it quite a bit... Only played one match online which was a lag fest sadly. Trying to finish up a career run and then I will probably try again. PSN tag is in my sig, so if you want to play me, just add me.

shabby
05-22-09, 05:48 PM
Played it for a while, my record is around 20-4. Lost twice to shogun by submission, and twice to rampage by knockouts in a clinch. Once i started upping points to my submission/clinch section i could get out of them quicker.
Pretty cool game imo, if you're a one sided fighter you'll start losing quickly, you gotta master all the techniques and there's so many moves to learn.
The saving needs to be redone, checking/saving/saved/checking fighter/saving fighter/saved fighter... come on!

ATOJAR
05-23-09, 04:22 AM
The saving needs to be redone, checking/saving/saved/checking fighter/saving fighter/saved fighter... come on!

Agreed, Also i find the single player career mode menu to feel alittle bloaded at times & some of the options in the menu feel alittle pointless & it can be a pain navigating through the menu at times ... Getting pointless emails from Dana White ect.

BUT on the plus side the career mode is the best part of the game, creating your own fighter, Fighting, Building up his skills .. Fighting "nobody fighters" then working your way up, Getting into the UFC to fight the "known fighter"(depending on your weight class)ect is a blast ... Cant wait to get my fighter pretty good so i can take him online & see how i do there.

Another part of the game i like is the "classic fight" mode, You have to fight classic UFC matches and win the way the fight was actually won i.e beat Stephan Bonnar with Forrest Griffin by decision or beat tito ortiz with chuck liddell on the scond round via TKO ... sometimes its harder than it sounds and is great fun & loads of great classic matches to choose from.

If you like UFC you will love this game imo. :D

Lfctony
05-23-09, 04:27 AM
Flash knockouts are annoying as hell. They happen way too often...

ATi
05-23-09, 04:55 AM
if anyone haves a extra xbox ufc DLC code please PM me

Mr. Hunt
05-23-09, 11:48 AM
Flash knockouts are annoying as hell. They happen way too often...

Agreed. Tito Ortiz SHOULD NOT be able to knock Rampage out cold.

ATOJAR
05-24-09, 05:28 AM
Agreed. Tito Ortiz SHOULD NOT be able to knock Rampage out cold.

Why? with a decent shot? ... Ill bet my left testicle with a decent shot Tito Ortiz could knock rampage out cold in reality! .... Hell ill bet Spencer Fisher could knock rampage jackon out with a good, well placed shot.

Ill adimt the flash knockouts are abit annoying at times but you just got to keep your guard up.

One thing im trying to master in this game is the ground work, and clinches, theres that much to do & defend against in this game its just going to take alittle longer to master than say fight night for example.

ATOJAR
05-24-09, 10:04 AM
How the hell do you posture up from full mount? i have full mount hes holding my head down so i try a minior/major transition to posutre up and i keep on ending up moving to half mount? .. any ideas?

Also does anybody have any ideas how i get the special punches? i.e the superman punch, overhand right ect?

Mr. Hunt
05-24-09, 12:07 PM
Why? with a decent shot? ... Ill bet my left testicle with a decent shot Tito Ortiz could knock rampage out cold in reality! .... Hell ill bet Spencer Fisher could knock rampage jackon out with a good, well placed shot.

Ill adimt the flash knockouts are abit annoying at times but you just got to keep your guard up.

One thing im trying to master in this game is the ground work, and clinches, theres that much to do & defend against in this game its just going to take alittle longer to master than say fight night for example.

Ortiz doesn't knock anybody out, he definitely shouldn't be able to knock out a guy who has a great chin.

ATOJAR
05-24-09, 01:11 PM
How the hell do you posture up from full mount? i have full mount hes holding my head down so i try a minior/major transition to posutre up and i keep on ending up moving to half mount? .. any ideas?

Also does anybody have any ideas how i get the special punches? i.e the superman punch, overhand right ect?

Well i figured this out, For the special punches i.e the superman punch, overhand right ect you need to be a higher lvl.(lvl 3 i think)

As for the full mount posture up, when your fully mounted but hes holding your head down to stop you posturing up just do a major transition, I.e start North-West of the right stick and end South-East of the stick, doing this you will be in full mount, postured up and abel to pound his face in.

Peoples-Agent
05-29-09, 01:44 PM
Got it on experienced level in career mode, on my third attempt I beat Frank Mir. The s.o.b kept tapping me out after all his ghey floor frolics.

Everytime I was on the ground, even ontop ...I just kept clicking left stick to get up and pounded him, when he got up he got superman punched to oblivion. LOL Wahooo!