PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 to b e more expensive than xp and vista was youre thoughts about that!!!

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-09, 12:54 PM
Well iīd say good bye $ms if it wasnīt due to playing games and stuff, if not iīd be linux allover but sincce no games are developed for linux wich is a mystery for me i canīt go Linux i wouldnīt care a **** ifi didnīt need a windwos but i do and that is a curse if ya ask me

in Sweden the Vista Ultimate was around 5000:- in Swedish currency and if WIn7 is to be even more expensive than Vista was....well then it iwll be for those who are rich or have a vety well paid work.

me iīm not sure iīll ever get to go WIn7 i canīt afford it and this MS says should Hinder the "piracy"/spreading of OSīs....how???? are they thinking higher price less spreading???

are they out of their minds?

well what do you think of this news?
or maybe you already knew?

Drolfrawd
05-23-09, 01:08 PM
I guess they are trying to rake back the costs of the vista flop. Vista was just not taken up in business. the figures they produced for business take up were just plane wrong.

every machine that came through our place for business ,( thats what we do), was downgraded to xp. I guess most other were doing the same thing. so thats my guess , get some money back for two rounds of R&D
/

hemmy
05-23-09, 01:17 PM
How does anyone even know if those rumors are true ?

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-09, 01:21 PM
well according to some i guess high up at dell said this and maybe even MS has had something in it.
THatīs all i know and i wouldnīt be supprised as it has to do with the bad sales of Vista and that is one reason to the higher price of WIn 7 over vista dn xp when they were released.
SO iīm not hoping too much when it comes to pricing as it seems to be so high that i for sure canīt afford it maybe when tiīs been around a few years or so

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-09, 01:23 PM
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16965

another link
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/05/19/dell-rep-indicates-that-windows-7-could-cost-more-than-vista-xp/

thereīs a link donīt know how good these guys are but thatīs one source

and this rep from dell is saying the high price will reduce the spread....yeah right

mullet
05-23-09, 01:26 PM
we are all PC extremist. We have no fear for overpriced items!!!!!!!

Drolfrawd
05-23-09, 01:28 PM
we are all PC extremist. We have no fear for overpriced items!!!!!!!

My wife fears me. I have put my new build on hold at her insistence. half built........ Pah

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-09, 01:52 PM
yeah i donīt know what kind of customers they are targetting with the hig price to make up for Vista?

because i can say almost 45% of the population canīt afford WIndows 7 and those 55% that can well then thatīs the target i guess.
There will of course always be people that have silly amounts of money, or very well paid jobs

Sazar
05-23-09, 02:00 PM
A guy from an integrator saying the price will be higher doesn't mean much to us.

Integrators automatically pay Microsoft for every Windows sticker on a PC. It's just the way it is. Even if the cost was a cent higher, the overall value proposition for the integrators goes down due to their selling in such large volumes.

I really don't see why people get all freaked out over stuff that doesn't directly impact them in any way :)

a12ctic
05-23-09, 02:18 PM
Microsoft should know better. Windows 7 is supposed to be their new leaf, but they keep wanting to **** it up, then realizing it and repealing what they said. Another perfect example of this is the Starter Edition and the 3 application limit. There was so much negative buzz about it that they decided to get rid of it, but the thing is, they shouldn't have it in the first place. They don't need to shaft everybody at every opportunity possible.

In this market, software and digital media distributors need to realize that if people don't think that the price of a good is just, they will just pirate it. That's the reality of it. Look at how amazing steam does on their weekend sales. Everybody buys the games because THEYRE PRICED FAIRLY. If anybody running these companies woke up and realized that maybe the solution to piracy depended on them actually pricing things that were reasonable to the common folk they'd have a solved problem. Sure there are some bad eggs that would pirate it anyway, but it would cut down the issue a lot. The problem isn't the consumer, its the corperations refusing to adapt.

hemmy
05-23-09, 02:18 PM
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16965

another link
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/05/19/dell-rep-indicates-that-windows-7-could-cost-more-than-vista-xp/

thereīs a link donīt know how good these guys are but thatīs one source

and this rep from dell is saying the high price will reduce the spread....yeah right

Posting links proves nothing, all these sites know nothing, they are just reporting what one site said.

If you want to go Linux, please go.

Sazar
05-23-09, 02:52 PM
Microsoft should know better. Windows 7 is supposed to be their new leaf, but they keep wanting to **** it up, then realizing it and repealing what they said. Another perfect example of this is the Starter Edition and the 3 application limit. There was so much negative buzz about it that they decided to get rid of it, but the thing is, they shouldn't have it in the first place. They don't need to shaft everybody at every opportunity possible.

In this market, software and digital media distributors need to realize that if people don't think that the price of a good is just, they will just pirate it. That's the reality of it. Look at how amazing steam does on their weekend sales. Everybody buys the games because THEYRE PRICED FAIRLY. If anybody running these companies woke up and realized that maybe the solution to piracy depended on them actually pricing things that were reasonable to the common folk they'd have a solved problem. Sure there are some bad eggs that would pirate it anyway, but it would cut down the issue a lot. The problem isn't the consumer, its the corperations refusing to adapt.

All the judgements are currently being based on nothing.

Whatever system integrators and OEM's pay is not what we as consumers pay.

If a $399 system will have windows 7, the companies will typically eat the cost rather than increase our cost. There may be some corners cut, but Windows 7 is a less demanding OS anyways.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-09, 03:01 PM
i would go linux if it had the same support windows do the again they are target it differently so i guess thatīs why so few games make it to linux

JasonPC
05-23-09, 03:03 PM
Didn't the dell guy say that he was concerned that business users would have to buy Windows 7 Professional? ...but he completely neglected the fact that there's Windows 7 Business?

K007
05-24-09, 03:57 AM
lol @ what dell says, they overprice everything anyway.

just go to any normal shop and buy it, i got my vista with a cheap ass keyboard oem purchase and it was almost half the retail price.

Crow_Nest
05-24-09, 09:15 AM
Not surprised by this. Its common sense that W7 will undoubtedly cost more than vista and XP.

mullet
05-24-09, 10:02 AM
I just need to find some kid in school and have him buy me a copy.