PDA

View Full Version : Oh the Irony.... Stuttering on Nv35.

Pages : [1] 2

Hellbinder
06-13-03, 10:49 PM
Now fellas, I dont want you to take this the wrong way or get hostile on me. i am only pointing this out becuase of the numerous posts I have read here and elsewhere commenting rather.. um.. energetically about the Stuttering issue the 9700pro had early on.. and plagued it on some peoples systems for a few months. Most of which were solved a few months ago. Most releating to certain chipsets and AGP 8x. Anyway.. AntP posted this at B3D today about Gunmetal.

nVidia sent me the game along with the NV35 sample

I have random reboots and stuttering all the time in this game :/

it's not a good game but I just like a shoot 'em up where I can be braindead and kill 10000 identical enimies for a few minutes now and then

they also sent along another TWIMTBP game called ghost master
it too is stuttering as hell on the NV35 and crashes (random reboots are not as common, it mostly just skips to the desktop)
the cause seems to be that the board never gets into the "3d mode" (ie the fan doesn't spin up to 3d speed when loading a game)

both games runs fine on my 9700 pro, pretty ironic

Im not pointing this out as any kind of attack on anyone or any hardware here. Only that completely new architectures can have problems getting everything peachy. There are issues with Bus stalls, timings, all kinds of crazy crap. Its not always the Video cards fault, but often left up to the Video cards Driver guys to work around the issues.

Especially in a timely manner.

edit:
btw TWIMTBP = The Way its ment to be played

nVidi0t
06-13-03, 10:53 PM
Did it ever occur to you that the problem may be specific to that user? :rolleyes:

Jesus, what next. nVidia suck because individual users are having hardware compatibility problems!!

creedamd
06-13-03, 10:54 PM
oh how the tables have turned..

they probably fuxored something up while optimizing.. should be fixed in the next driver hack

Hellbinder
06-13-03, 10:55 PM
Did it ever occur to you that the problem may be specific to that user?

Jesus, what next. nVidia suck because individual users are having hardware compatibility problems!!

Did you even read what i wrote??? You simply couldn't have with a reply like that.

edit:
BTW AntP is a reviewer for Nordichardware I think...

Also.. Did you ever stop to think that about ATi's stuttering issues that only happened on some peoples systems?

nVidi0t
06-13-03, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Did you even read what i wrote??? You simply couldn't have with a reply like that.

Why dont we just wait for some more users to point out this problem before blaming the new nv architecture?

And yeah, I read it.

digitalwanderer
06-13-03, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
Did it ever occur to you that the problem may be specific to that user? :rolleyes:

Yeah, but even if it is it's still funny to me! :lol:

Besides, it shouldn't have the problem anyways...remember? :p

nVidi0t
06-13-03, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Hellbinder

Also.. Did you ever stop to think that about ATi's stuttering issues that only happened on some peoples systems?

Yes.

Hellbinder
06-13-03, 11:00 PM
Why dont we just wait for some more users to point out this problem before blaming the new nv architecture?

??

I said this...

Im not pointing this out as any kind of attack on anyone or any hardware here. Only that completely new architectures can have problems getting everything peachy. There are issues with Bus stalls, timings, all kinds of crazy crap. Its not always the Video cards fault, but often left up to the Video cards Driver guys to work around the issues.

Perhaps I should have been more clear that BUS STALLS and TIMING issues relate to how the Video card deals with the Motherboard.

Ninja Prime
06-14-03, 12:04 AM
Nvidiot is just pissed because right now his peni.. err video card isn't as big and fast as the other guys, so give him a break. ;)

gordon151
06-14-03, 12:36 AM
You should post this in Detonator Drivers forum since it is a driver issue. Unless you're suggesting that the hardware is causing the stuttering which is pretty ridiculous. Anyway if this a localized problem to the NV35 and not any other line of cards I really don't see a problem since the NV35 isn't even out yet...

Hellbinder
06-14-03, 12:51 AM
Yes it is out... more or less...

Behemoth
06-14-03, 12:53 AM
yeah comparing stuttering problem of an unreleased card to a well known stuttering problem of a released card for months(6 or 9 months? i forgot) is irony indeed.

Gargr
06-14-03, 01:08 AM
It stutters, crashes, reboots on TWIMTBP games?

So, it's meant to stutter and crash and all that BS?? :lol2:

digitalwanderer
06-14-03, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Gargr
It stutters, crashes, reboots on TWIMTBP games?

So, it's meant to stutter and crash and all that BS?? :lol2:
"nVidia, the way it's meant to stutter and crash!"

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

GlowStick
06-14-03, 01:24 AM
Actually there is real irony.

When ever a R3xx user reports studdering and random reboots in all games they get.

"dude, you dont know how to build a computer, its definaly you not building the computer right."

yes, that answer is only said by idiots.

Now for HB's homework, since he has been pritty busy at posting non biased flames, ill give you my experince, then you can write a good flame and post it!

Experince 1
Installed a favorite of mine, RalliSport Challance, installed fine, fired it up. After a fresh install, i allways go to the graphics options to set everything like i want. 1280x1024 res (just got my lcd had to try it out) then went and started a race useing my favorite rally car, Toyota Carolla.

Then i thoguht i was playing a boating sim, there was so much CHOP, har har. But dam it was chopping like a bastard. So i thought, oh yeah, what ever was the last d3d game i played, i must of had 6x AA and 16x AF. So i grumbled as i have to close the game, go to the control panel, and i find out i had both set to application prefrence.

Experince 2
I downloaded a Demo called Will Rock with multiplayer MAP.
So i start the game, and to my amazement, i see a ATi logo telling me to 'get into the game' so i said ok why not. Start the game with 4xAA and 8xAF, and wow the game would get choppy in sceens, it would hicup. So again i turned AA to 2x and af to 6x same thing.

digitalwanderer
06-14-03, 01:59 AM
"ATi, the way it's meant to get all choppy and hic-uppy for Glowstick!" :lol:
:jumping::jumping::jumping:

(I mean this in a friendly way trying to make you crack a grin Glowstick! ;) )

DSC
06-14-03, 02:05 AM
digitalwanderer,

Do you still think GF4 Ti cards are decent and give good value for money?

Sorry to go off topic. :o

nin_fragile14
06-14-03, 02:29 AM
So there might be some stuttering. Ok. What do you want? An apology from everyone who never owned a Radeon 9700 and bashed on it for supposedly stuttering? To point out more flaws in the already flawed NV35? To inform any prospective buyer of a stuttering flaw that has not been mentioned by any other reviewer? A combination of all that?

I see the irony. Haha. The way it's meant to be played. And it plays badly!

This is nothing but another thread to bait users to bitch and complain and fight. You say you're here to inform us--but read the title of your thread. You're mad at nvidia, we're all mad at nvidia, and now you're posting a story from a single user to represent an entire line of cards just to get back at those that badmouthed the Radeon 9700 stuttering being a "user problem". I'm being hostile, I know. But it is tiring reading one thread after another that baits readers into flipping out--especially over something that is posted for the sole purpose of having people do that. And here I am falling into the trap.

I understand your reasons for bashing nvidia. But this incessant riling; it's as though you're trying to gather troops for some sort of godly videocard war between all of us.

Uttar
06-14-03, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by nVidi0t

Perhaps, but if someone who generally knows what he's doing such as AnteP getting problems, then I'd be very surprised if computer newbies wanting a 5900 wouldn't have similar problems.
Although I'd be surprised if nVidia was directly responsible. It just shows ATI probably wasn't responsible either. What more is there to say, really? Nothing, IMO.

Uttar

StealthHawk
06-14-03, 04:26 AM
Hellbinder is just pointing out the double standards which exist....and they exist in both camps(that being ATI and nvidia fanboys both have double standards).

In the past, he has posted a lot of flamebait, but I honestly don't see this as one of them.

deejaya
06-14-03, 04:41 AM
Well it's all ironic really, that those games run fine on his 9700Pro and stutter on his 5900 Ultra. Just like it's ironic Glowstick gets stuttering on Will Rock with his 9800 Pro, and on my Ti200 it's smooth as a babys bum.

For what it's worth, some Detonator revisions give me stuttering in certain games. I just switch back to the last version.

AthlonXP1800
06-14-03, 05:22 AM
Yeah it AnteP's user error or not configured his PC properly or probably never format hard drive before put the 5900 Ultra card in. :rolleyes:

I never had shuttering in all games with all previous and latest 44.04 Detonator driver from Creative for my Creative Geforce 4 Ti 4600. :) Anyway I look forward to get Geforce FX 5900 Ultra 256Mb hopefully in few weeks. :jumping:

Kruno
06-14-03, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Uttar
Perhaps, but if someone who generally knows what he's doing such as AnteP getting problems, then I'd be very surprised if computer newbies wanting a 5900 wouldn't have similar problems.
Although I'd be surprised if nVidia was directly responsible. It just shows ATI probably wasn't responsible either. What more is there to say, really? Nothing, IMO.

Uttar

Uttar, this thread is about:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ksaho/silly/FvsN.gif

:lol:

surfhurleydude
06-14-03, 05:50 AM
The problem is that there are multiple cards to test the same drivers out on... With the Radeon/Catalyst series, the stuttering affected the entire line of Radeon cards... with this, it seems to affect JUST the NV35, and not any of the other cards when they are all using the same driver. Thus anyone who is not a biased fool can easily see that it's a user problem.

Fusion
06-14-03, 06:13 AM
Actually there is real irony.

When ever a R3xx user reports studdering and random reboots in all games they get.

"dude, you dont know how to build a computer, its definaly you not building the computer right."

Exactly.
And my favourite game at this moment in time (Need 4 Speed HP2) is STILL stuttering.
Yet post this on Rage3D, and watch as I get slaughtered for just having an issue, and being told it's ME, NOT the card. :rolleyes:
Yet I build PC's for a living, I can recreate this problem in ANY of my machines with this Radeon. And all 3 of us, in our LAN, have exactly the same problem.
Yet take out the Radeon, put my old Ti4600 in, and everything is smoother than a smooth thing on national smooth day.

Yet I don't have a problem with the Radeon, it's a great card. But the stuttering in quite a few games, many are of the same genre, is driving me nuts.

Oh, and I do believe the HB, and even DW, are here to stir things up. It's soo damn obvious by the "Type" of posts that they are posting.
Thank god, for the "Ignore" feature of this forum. Then I don't have to read such drivel.