View Full Version : Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

BioHazZarD
06-01-09, 06:13 AM
Just great :(

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=18658

Noriega
06-01-09, 06:18 AM
:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn: :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Toss3
06-01-09, 06:24 AM
Hasn't this been known for quite awhile now? Crysis is a great game and it should come as no surprise that they want to maximize their profits and thus have to go multiplatform in order to do so. Staying exclusive is only profitable(compared to going multiplatform) if you're getting paid by sony or microsoft to do so, but as we all know no large company is supporting the pc platform in that way.

SH64
06-01-09, 06:32 AM
Hasn't this been known for quite awhile now? Crysis is a great game and it should come as no surprise that they want to maximize their profits and thus have to go multiplatform in order to do so. Staying exclusive is only profitable(compared to going multiplatform) if you're getting paid by sony or microsoft to do so, but as we all know no large company is supporting the pc platform in that way.
True, unfortunately :(

I just hope they give they PC version some "special treatment" and more enhancements, features, etc..

Toss3
06-01-09, 06:35 AM
Hope there will be at least some major engine improvements for the PC! Otherwise we're stuck with what we have now :(
I think they've only worked on making the engine ready for the consoles; the game is finally getting to the point of being playable with very high settings(combined with 4xAA) on the PC so there's really no need for an engine update(other than further optimizations of course).

I'd take a little changing of environments over an engine update any day - we've seen enough of the paradise island imho. :o

Ancient76
06-01-09, 06:51 AM
I'm so glad i didn't buy any Crysis game!

Pus*ys!

mailman2
06-01-09, 07:37 AM
Well since it will be consolized it should run alot better on high end PCs. Good luck getting 30fps on any of the current consoles.

|MaguS|
06-01-09, 08:14 AM
Well since it will be consolized it should run alot better on high end PCs. Good luck getting 30fps on any of the current consoles.

Warhead can run at 30fps at medium to high settings at 1280x720 on a medium lvl PC, don't see why it couldn't run at those settings on a console. If an ATI HD4830 can play it at high with no AA at 1280x1024 with 44FPS Im sure a console can...

trivium nate
06-01-09, 08:37 AM
its gonna give xbox's rrod's haha!

SH64
06-01-09, 09:10 AM
its gonna give xbox's rrod's haha!
MAXIMUM RROD!!

BioHazZarD
06-01-09, 09:21 AM
I dont understand why they even bother with ps3 and 360.. both have old hardware and comes not even close to what we can have on pc.. they are smoking something cause they said before that consoles simply cant come close to pc and if they can somehow its gonna look really bad compared to pc :(

FastRedPonyCar
06-01-09, 09:36 AM
They're not going to dumb anything down for the PC version of crysis2. The console versions will most likely have lower res textures and obviously resolution but it's not like we're going to be given anything inferior image quality wise than what we got with the first one.

They've had a long time since crysis/warhead to work on engine optimizations (which IMO is all it really needs) so I think it should - ideally - offer the same, if not better image quality than warhead and faster fps. that's what we got when warhead came out so I have little doubt we'll get the same from crysis 2.

Toss, I doubt we'll see much change of scenery from the island. That's where this whole story takes place so I don't see them deviating from that setting.. It's all crysis knows hhahah!

besides, any other theater of combat will reduce the ability to free roam around and that would defeat the whole sandbox environment appeal the game has. I personally would like to see more inside combat. i liked the mine levels in the first 2 games

TheANIMAL
06-01-09, 10:08 AM
Oh dear, the boys at Incrysis are going to be pissed.

six_storm
06-01-09, 10:28 AM
This is old news and . . . .

http://haylee.steenhagen.us/photos/d/4082-2/Cry+baby_.jpg

TheANIMAL
06-01-09, 10:58 AM
There is nothing on the EA press page. Everyone is linking there but no official statement. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

JohnDio
06-01-09, 11:05 AM
There is an official statement in the EA partners section ;)

http://info.ea.com/release.asp?i=1159

PS: That is strange, the press releases was taken off

TheANIMAL
06-01-09, 11:08 AM
Strange indeed.

JohnDio
06-01-09, 11:15 AM
My guess is that they'd announce it in E3 first... so someone f*cked it up and updated the EA site sooner.

That or there is something fishy going on!

Mr. Hunt
06-01-09, 11:28 AM
Loving all of the babies in here... OH NOES TEH CRISYS S GON B CONSULICED!

six_storm
06-01-09, 11:30 AM
Loving all of the babies in here... OH NOES TEH CRISYS S GON B CONSULICED!

For once, I agree with you.

Ancient76
06-01-09, 12:19 PM
Crysis 2 trailer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2S-6Pkc2Cc&feature=related

jeffmd
06-01-09, 12:21 PM
I'm so glad i didn't buy any Crysis game!

Pus*ys!

That is probably why they went multi platform, cause of tightwads like you.

Now obviously we hope they will start making it on the pc first and going down from there, however many of you are acting stupid and ignorant and completely ignoring the fact that advanced game engines like these are pretty good at scaling down graphics to meet hardware needs. I am sure even with a reduced texture size and slight polygon reduction, the console versions will be stunning to look at as well. Hell, have you guys even seen uncharted 2?

I'll await crysis 2 like any other A title.

MaxFX
06-01-09, 12:39 PM

Now obviously we hope they will start making it on the pc first and going down from there, however many of you are acting stupid and ignorant and completely ignoring the fact that advanced game engines like these are pretty good at scaling down graphics to meet hardware needs. I am sure even with a reduced texture size and slight polygon reduction, the console versions will be stunning to look at as well. Hell, have you guys even seen uncharted 2?

Yeah me to this wont be any problem whatsoever, pretty obviously the Pc version will look much much better and the console version will look as good as the hardware let it. and what they have shown I think it will look damn good on the consoles, way above anything the old U3 engine has/will put out and what ppl might think possible on PS3/360.

You have to remember that these guys knows and loves the bleeding edge so it will blow us all away, I have no doubt about that. these guys are the new wizards :D

Epic should be very afraid, they will all shi. in their pants when this baby arrive ;)

Ancient76
06-01-09, 12:54 PM

I didn't buy it mainly because it's another tipical FPS, and because EA is publisher. Good graphics is ok, but give me some good gameplay. I'm not a graphics who*e. Far Cry was a revolution and fantastic game, but Crysis is just a demonstration of engine.

And somehow i knew that was going to happen!

nekrosoft13
06-01-09, 01:04 PM
MAXIMUM RROD!!

its will be a new feature of the suit