View Full Version : Left 4 Dead 2 arriving november 17

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BioHazZarD
06-01-09, 04:17 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58898

wow that was fast for a sequel

|MaguS|
06-01-09, 04:56 PM
Valve is full of ass ****s. Im not wasting more money on this series... They ripped me off once...

poullos
06-01-09, 05:42 PM
Wait for new "orange box" announcement tomorrow with Ep3 and Portal 2...

no CS2 :(

Vanzagar
06-01-09, 06:06 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58898

wow that was fast for a sequel

serious? I can;t view the link, any screens? same engine, or a boost in graphics? so they just abandoning part 1 or they still gonna add content...

Vanzagar
06-01-09, 06:14 PM
nvm found some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfsMJgypdw

Retrolock
06-01-09, 06:41 PM
Haven't even started playing this **** and part 2 comes out in november? damn thats fast

|MaguS|
06-01-09, 06:46 PM
serious? I can;t view the link, any screens? same engine, or a boost in graphics? so they just abandoning part 1 or they still gonna add content...

identical graphics, identical sounds and I bet most the same textures. Oh let's not forget probably same price.

NaitoSan
06-01-09, 06:55 PM
magus, you're starting to sound like one of those annoying emo guys. :p let alone, price hasn't been announced also valve is going to keep supporting l4d. seriously, do you think valve, one of most respected pc developers, is going to screw us? otherwise, if you're smart, wait until it's on sale like ld4 had been lately. it's that simple.

i'm glad to know ld4 2 is going to be even bigger, more co-op campaigns, more weapons, etc. i totally can't wait!

|MaguS|
06-01-09, 07:06 PM
magus, you're starting to sound like one of those annoying emo guys. :p let alone, price hasn't been announced also valve is going to keep supporting l4d. seriously, do you think valve, one of most respected pc developers, is going to screw us? otherwise, if you're smart, wait until it's on sale like ld4 had been lately. it's that simple.

i'm glad to know ld4 2 is going to be even bigger, more co-op campaigns, more weapons, etc. i totally can't wait!

Why do they need to support the original if the second sell millions? Not like they supported it that good right now with it being their best selling game. Your a fool if you think they would release new camps for the first one when the second releases.

The only reason L4D had so much replay was because you play with friends but even that can't make up for only having 4 camps. Yes I'm bitter, we got hosed by the best of developer... They sold us out.

I'm sure it will be bigger, 5 camps now, 5 weapons, 5 boss zombies... Same everything else...

a12ctic
06-01-09, 07:06 PM
The problem is that L4D 2 seems like a map pack that should have been released for L4D.

Mr. Hunt
06-01-09, 07:11 PM
Valve is full of ass ****s. Im not wasting more money on this series... They ripped me off once...

Glad to hear you finally joined the good guys in the fight against that atrocious game. Worst game I ever bought, including Brute Force.

johnkeel105
06-01-09, 07:17 PM
Magus has a point, we should be getting a good chunk of this content in a free patch. Perhaps I am spoiled or tired of getting ripped off, but for a $50 game there wasn't that much content.

fizzelopeguss
06-01-09, 08:24 PM
Wow, welcome to the age of console valve, let the milking commence.

Ohh and...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8948/gabelolfatass.jpg

Crow_Nest
06-01-09, 08:30 PM
It looks like they beefed up the source engine a bit more, not too surprising. But more importantly i hope they add more depth into the gameplay. After seeing how well the original l4d system worked, i dont know how much more they can possibly add on to it...

wrathofgod
06-01-09, 08:39 PM
The only reason L4D had so much replay was because you play with friends but even that can't make up for only having 4 camps. Yes I'm bitter, we got hosed by the best of developer... They sold us out.

I'm sure it will be bigger, 5 camps now, 5 weapons, 5 boss zombies... Same everything else...

You know there are TONS of community made levels available for download right? Alot of them are really well made too.

With the 4 default campaigns and all the community made campaigns/levels, as well as the new survival mode, (also with community made levels) I've definitely gotten my moneys worth out of the first L4D and look forward to the second one. :)

|MaguS|
06-01-09, 08:46 PM
You know there are TONS of community made levels available for download right? Alot of them are really well made too.

With the 4 default campaigns and all the community made campaigns/levels, as well as the new survival mode, (also with community made levels) I've definitely gotten my moneys worth out of the first L4D and look forward to the second one. :)

I haven't seen any that are actually good... I hate vs mode and Survival mode so campaign mode was the only one I cared about. I can only play what the game really supports unless I wana host the server myself... and thats not gonna happen if I expect my friends to have a good gameplay experiance.

grey_1
06-01-09, 09:05 PM

What's the best dl site you've seen for these?

Thanks!

|MaguS|
06-01-09, 09:08 PM
http://www.l4dmaps.com/ Is decent but again unless you have a server or host yourself is near impossible to get to play these maps with your friends.

trivium nate
06-01-09, 09:27 PM
this should be interesting

CaptNKILL
06-01-09, 10:41 PM
I hate vs mode and Survival mode so campaign mode was the only one I cared about.

I've probably told you this before, but its not their fault you hate the most replayable part of the game. :p

Personally, I think L4D is fine. Sure, it could have been cheaper or it could have had more campaigns... but I don't think it needed them.

This sequel seems to have come way too soon though. I would have expected an expansion pack eventually, but not a full priced sequel before the end of the year.

Unless it sucks, I'll buy it, but I'll probably wait till its on sale. If they have a decent preorder deal I might do that.

Badboy_12345
06-01-09, 11:31 PM
seriously, do you think valve, one of most respected pc developers, is going to screw us?

BAHAHAHHHAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Valve and most respected shouldnt be in the same sentance.
Another brainwashed lost cause..

NarcissistZero
06-02-09, 02:05 AM
I was shocked to see this... the trailer started and I was like "no way" and thought it was a rip-off game... then the music started. Wowzers.

Valve has joined the "no expansion, full retail sequel which is basically an expansion!" craze. It is to be expected, but... sucks.

That said, I will buy it day one, as will most L4D fans, and that is why Valve are doing it. It must be worth the money then, my inner capitalist says.

Phyxion
06-02-09, 02:26 AM
Why do they need to support the original if the second sell millions? Not like they supported it that good right now with it being their best selling game. Your a fool if you think they would release new camps for the first one when the second releases.

Valve always supports his game, doesn't matter how old, they still bring patches for CS1.6.
And I'm pretty sure Valve will come up with a very good deal. I'm really looking forward to L4D2, more of the same is always better :D

Misfire
06-02-09, 02:46 AM
If only Valve bought out sequels for Half-Life this fast... hell what happened to faster episodic content. Anyways, I'll be getting this day 1, love L4D!

Hope theres some kind of discount for owners of L4D1

nutcrackr
06-02-09, 02:56 AM
I'm very disappointed in Valve. Seems like the once great Valve (some don't agree possibly) has now dropped down to another of the developers, no intention of supporting a game they promised to support. Instead they drive a nail through the community, through the modders who no doubt will be far less interested in completing maps and such for a game that's essentially obsolete come November.

I can easily afford to get it, I spent loads of hours in L4D and got more than my money's worth. It's the principle for me, it's the fact that Valve have underperformed with L4D. TF2 is still getting new content, at this stage I'll most likely be avoiding it, unless it magically comes in at a sub $20 price point at which time I may consider it but I'd still be very annoyed by the structuring of this sequel.