PDA

View Full Version : So what MS did for PC on E3...

Pages : [1] 2

Noriega
06-02-09, 06:19 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/989/989222p1.html

Nothing!

Noriega
06-02-09, 06:31 AM
The press conference was pretty unspectacular anyway. Alan Wake looked cool but other than that just meh.

But ok my point was that MS show NO REAL PC support, close their mouth on official events while talks a lot **** on internet when there is new Windows to sell or GFWL shi*

nutcrackr
06-02-09, 06:44 AM
I seem to recall MS telling us a few weeks back that there would be nothing on PC at e3, and they would leave that for another event. True to their words I guess. But yeah I think it's a pretty big disgrace, MS are hurting PC gaming more than anything right now. They do nothing, but they should be supporting the platform.

K007
06-02-09, 06:55 AM
dont forget the mw2 exclusive map packs for xbox360 first :P...good times...

NaitoSan
06-02-09, 07:01 AM
who cares, only pc fanboys do. :p

pc still have some great titles coming in 2009. that's what matter most.

Toss3
06-02-09, 07:38 AM
The press conference was pretty unspectacular anyway. Alan Wake looked cool but other than that just meh.

I thought this was one of the best press conferences ever; the motion sensor thing looked like fun and streaming 1080p movies via Zune HD ain't too shabby, plus there were a lot of really good sequels shown. Really have a hard time seeing how sony is going to top it(ms really catered for every gamer out there).

Did you guys notice that almost every game coming out for the xbox360 is coming to the pc as well?

Noriega
06-02-09, 09:50 AM
Yeah that's probably why they didn't mention the PC at all. It was all about exclusive here and exclusive there. Mentioning the PC would let the bubble burst ;)

I don't care about the constant MS vs. Sony console battle so I don't care about most of the announcements.

+1

Buio
06-02-09, 10:17 AM
But ok my point was that MS show NO REAL PC support, close their mouth on official events while talks a lot **** on internet when there is new Windows to sell or GFWL shi*

Yeah, Microsoft should not be allowed to control PC gaming when they don't care about it at all.

|MaguS|
06-02-09, 10:20 AM
MS really didn't have much games to show at all...

Halo: ODST
HaloL Reach
Alan Wake
Final Fantasy XIII
Tony Hawk
The Beatles
MGS:Rising
Left4Dead 2
COD5

And I think thats it... I mean for a game trade show thats not much. It's a pretty weak line up...

Toss3
06-02-09, 11:08 AM
MS really didn't have much games to show at all...

Halo: ODST
HaloL Reach
Alan Wake
Final Fantasy XIII
Tony Hawk
The Beatles
MGS:Rising
Left4Dead 2
COD5

And I think thats it... I mean for a game trade show thats not much. It's a pretty weak line up...

Forza 3, Project Natal, Crysis 2, Halo: Reach and Left 4 dead 2

|MaguS|
06-02-09, 11:17 AM
Forza 3, Project Natal, Crysis 2, Halo: Reach and Left 4 dead 2

Crysis 2 was not at the MS Presser I believe (it was at EA) and Natal isn't a "game", more like a tech demo. So I missed one of the ones you listed... oh noes!

Buio
06-02-09, 12:34 PM
Not many original games either (not follow-ups), only Alan Wake.
COD5 is already out, you mean MW2 I guess?

NarcissistZero
06-02-09, 02:44 PM
Other than Left 4 Dead 2, they didn't even mention that most of their titles are also on PC, which I hope doesn't mean they're not coming (like Splinter Cell 5).

crainger
06-02-09, 03:48 PM
Word on the street PC is winding down as PC 2 is set to drop very shortly.

fizzelopeguss
06-02-09, 04:18 PM
ODST looked like halo 2, in 640p probably...lulz.

Shocking visuals, and they're charging full price for it now?

Buio
06-02-09, 04:33 PM
ODST looked like halo 2, in 640p probably...lulz.
Shocking visuals, and they're charging full price for it now?

But wait!

There is more!

You will also get to buy the first mappack with 2 maps for only $10 (limited time offer, call and order now!). And it is superexclusive.

Noriega
06-02-09, 04:45 PM
But wait!

There is more!

You will also get to buy the first mappack with 2 maps for only $10 (limited time offer, call and order now!). And it is superexclusive.

haha thats exacly what consoles are about

JohnDio
06-02-09, 05:50 PM
Other than Left 4 Dead 2, they didn't even mention that most of their titles are also on PC, which I hope doesn't mean they're not coming (like Splinter Cell 5).

In their conference, Ubisoft confirmed that SC: Conviction is also coming to PC. The exclusivity is only for the consoles ;)

DansFace
06-03-09, 02:31 PM
bah very very lame E3 IMO...
none of these games really impressed me except for alan wake, bioshock 2, mass effect 2, and final fantasy 13..

Everything had that "seen and played this many times before" look to it

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

SH64
06-03-09, 05:09 PM
GFWFTMFL!!

NarcissistZero
06-03-09, 05:27 PM
bah very very lame E3 IMO...
none of these games really impressed me except for alan wake, bioshock 2, mass effect 2, and final fantasy 13..

Everything had that "seen and played this many times before" look to it

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think it's funny you think Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 are stand-outs for uniqueness.

I saw a LOT that excited me, but I do admit new announcements (with footage) were pretty "meh" compared to years prior. The coolest thing about E3 for me so far is having FF7 pop up on the PS3 store.

nutcrackr
06-04-09, 04:44 AM
GFWFTMFL!!

QFTMFT

Kaguya
06-04-09, 02:14 PM
I seem to recall MS telling us a few weeks back that there would be nothing on PC at e3, and they would leave that for another event. True to their words I guess. But yeah I think it's a pretty big disgrace, MS are hurting PC gaming more than anything right now. They do nothing, but they should be supporting the platform.

Really, what does MS care about the PC gaming platform? 100% of PC Gamers are already buying their OS... sure they could sell some gaming titles, but what do they care when they've got everyone opening their wallets in anticipation of Windows 7.

The only thing that would ever get MS to really get back on the PC bandwagon were if someone else could create a gaming OS that was better than Windows, and unfortunately developers are all using proprietary MS tools like DirectX, so unless someone else could license that or reverse engineer it without being sued, then we're out of luck.

johnkeel105
06-05-09, 03:24 PM
Was the PC as a platform even mentioned by any companies at E3. I know I didn't hear it mentioned at any of the press conferences. The interviews I watched also didnt mention PC either.

S.I.N
06-05-09, 06:06 PM
Almost all the games mentioned for 360 is coming for PC. It really didn't need mentioning as it would have most likely be distracting with about 90% of the games also coming to PC. And I'm sure MS could have had all those games come out months after the 360 versions if they wanted but so far nearly all of them are hitting the same day as the 360. So if anything be thankful you will play most of those games this year because MS exclusive contracts for some of those games don't block a PC release.