PDA

View Full Version : GT5 Vid, We got Car Damage!

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
06-02-09, 08:40 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-gran-turismo/50288

Watch the Rally part closely... you see one car with his hood all messed up! :D

sammy sung
06-02-09, 09:01 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-gran-turismo/50288

Watch the Rally part closely... you see one car with his hood all messed up! :D

That part doesnt really look ingame,since afaik sony never confirmed damage in GT5 it might be a bit premature to belive that it will based on this video alone.I'd want that as much as anyone else but atm its more like wishful thinking.

Found a better link,watch it in HD.The subaru with hood damage looks rendered in higher quality/not the ingame engine to me,not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLbm3RD6MI4

Marvel_us
06-02-09, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty sure PD already confirmed damage would be in GT5.

sammy sung
06-02-09, 09:25 PM
Finding conflicting answers,would be great though :) I found a auto translation of a japanese interview with KAZUNORI YAMAUCHI :

21jrkoyAudi: The graphics of GT5 Prologue “is incredible realistic. What can you still in this game improve?
Kazunori Yamauchi: GT5 is a greater choice on motor vehicles and Routes offer. And we provide more features for Online communities to Disposal. We are also working with high live close to a graphic representation for rain and night.

Audi: How do you manage it, the cars as realistic in the game is over?
Kazunori Yamauchi: In order to replicate cars so graphically that they are each model the same position they need we are the real models. At the Audi R8, it was particularly difficult for high-quality materials of the interior to reproduce. Even with the body, it was not easy, level, This incredible precision to express. Not only the cars, as every tree looks at the Nürburgring his real counterpart frighteningly similar. Such influence Details the game behavior? We have the greatest respect for the innate
Power of the cars and also the nature. Therefore we consider every detail very carefully — even if it’s just a bush on the edge of the racetrack is. Our passion and our commitment are perhaps not always immediately, but they seem subconsciously to every player.

2e49ilxAudi: What games can the fans of GT soon expect?
Kazunori Yamauchi: We are working on it, including weather changes, a race which may affect index. And damage to racing cars we will soon be able to simulate.

Audi: We dare a glance into the distant future. What is Gran Turismo 9 anything to offer?
Kazunori Yamauchi: I find it difficult to follow closely the developments so far predict. Gran Turismo is growing with the Automotive industry. When we consider the future of GT, we also consider the future of the Automotive industry.

Auto translators ftl :( Time will tell i guess .

RaidenWoW
06-03-09, 02:20 AM
Nascar = fail IMHO
I mean no offense to Nascar but there's really not much intensity in their races. Just one person passing another every now and then. It's like a never-ending dog/horse race.

Rally races and ones which have more twists and turns are more intense.

|MaguS|
06-03-09, 08:51 AM
Have you ever raced in an online NASCAR/oval race, lets say NASCAR 2003 or iRacing?

It's not just turning the wheel to the left. Just like in the real races you have to be concentrated and error free over quite a long period of time (1-3h), take care of your tires and still be fast, plan and execute your bit strategy etc... Only thing that's missing are changing track conditions.

I'm not sure how much of that GT5 can or will deliver. But there is definitely something about a virtual NASCAR race!

Well GT Series AI is great in driving lines and they all have endurance races I believe.

sammy sung
06-03-09, 08:58 AM
Personally i don't care THAT much about damage,looks like this is gonna be a very deep game though and something that will last a long time :thumbsup:

FastRedPonyCar
06-03-09, 09:18 AM
sigh... still no release date...

I've beaten prologue to a pulp.. I'm ready for the real deal.

ViN86
06-03-09, 11:04 AM
Yea wtf, when are they going to release this thing? :lol:

I can't complain, though. GT games are always very well polished, great games when they launch. I can wait for that :)

H3avyM3tal
06-03-09, 03:37 PM
In an interview with Yamauchi after the presentaion, he was asked if that part in the trailer is a hint that there will be damage in GT5? He said:
Yes.

The interview is over at Gtplanet.com.

KoRnfR3ak
06-03-09, 04:18 PM
The E3 2009 trailer of Gran Turismo 5 is available as a download on the Japanese Playstation Network, 170MB, AVC 12.4Mbps, in 1920x1080 resolution. :)

Bman212121
06-03-09, 07:12 PM
Personally i don't care THAT much about damage,looks like this is gonna be a very deep game though and something that will last a long time :thumbsup:

sigh... still no release date...

I've beaten prologue to a pulp.. I'm ready for the real deal.

Yea wtf, when are they going to release this thing? :lol:

I can't complain, though. GT games are always very well polished, great games when they launch. I can wait for that :)

Agreed.

As long as damage is an option I'll be happy with that. The one thing that I like about GT is being able to bump and bang with cars and not have to worry about the car breaking. Obviously it's not realistic but I don't always want to race clean. I don't have a problem if it's on for certain events (probably will be on for licenses) but if you can't turn it off then it could get pretty annoying.

ViN86
06-03-09, 07:55 PM
Agreed.

As long as damage is an option I'll be happy with that. The one thing that I like about GT is being able to bump and bang with cars and not have to worry about the car breaking. Obviously it's not realistic but I don't always want to race clean. I don't have a problem if it's on for certain events (probably will be on for licenses) but if you can't turn it off then it could get pretty annoying.

They don't need damage in license tests considering how if you bump the wall you fail :lol:

Shamrock
06-03-09, 09:27 PM
Have you ever raced in an online NASCAR/oval race, lets say NASCAR 2003 or iRacing?

It's not just turning the wheel to the left. Just like in the real races you have to be concentrated and error free over quite a long period of time (1-3h), take care of your tires and still be fast, plan and execute your bit strategy etc... Only thing that's missing are changing track conditions.

I'm not sure how much of that GT5 can or will deliver. But there is definitely something about a virtual NASCAR race!

Yes I have, Nascar 4, and NASCAR 2002 season. 12 laps at Talladega, I won it, but was bored outta my mind until a bunch of noobs wrecked, me and the guy behind me the only ones finished the race without damage.

I have also beaten the REAL Dale Jr in Nascar 4. It was TJ Majors' server, and Dale was there, racing at Richmond, VA. Me and my league teammate came in, we qualified right behind TJ and Dale. We passed them on lap 4 and my teammate got into TJ Majors, and got him squirrely (didn't wreck him, just rattled his cage, as Dale Sr would say). We were both promptly banned. LOL. This was when Dale Jr was an up and coming punk in the Busch Series.

I've had more fun online with road courses, mostly rFactor.

Noriega
06-04-09, 03:32 AM
Guys stop! This topic is for excited kids that have car damage in Gran turismo!

He is one of those excited kids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omgIUVvxuRk

sammy sung
06-04-09, 06:45 AM
Guys stop! This topic is for excited kids that have car damage in Gran turismo!

He is one of those excited kids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omgIUVvxuRk

I know you don't like consoles Noriega , can't quite figure out what you are doing in this thread though or in the console section alltogether.The owner base of PS3 and xbox 360 looks similar on both formats with just 25% under 17.Wich also means that the rest are adults,most probably older than you(thats your kids theory out the window).Of the big 3 mainly Nintendo focus on the slightly younger audience.Don't forget that a ps3/360 are expensive hardware,hence the older userbase.In the end its just about games,regardless of formats and i think its kinda childish taking sides,saying that if one side is good the rest must suck.I own a pc/Ps3/360 because i just want to play good games wherever i can find them,you would have to be a complete asshat to think that consoles are bad,that the games suck,look bad etc.If you do you need to educate yourself and until then quit trolling in a section you have no interest in.

Noriega
06-04-09, 09:38 AM
I know you don't like consoles Noriega , can't quite figure out what you are doing in this thread though or in the console section alltogether.The owner base of PS3 and xbox 360 looks similar on both formats with just 25% under 17.Wich also means that the rest are adults,most probably older than you(thats your kids theory out the window).Of the big 3 mainly Nintendo focus on the slightly younger audience.Don't forget that a ps3/360 are expensive hardware,hence the older userbase.In the end its just about games,regardless of formats and i think its kinda childish taking sides,saying that if one side is good the rest must suck.I own a pc/Ps3/360 because i just want to play good games wherever i can find them,you would have to be a complete asshat to think that consoles are bad,that the games suck,look bad etc.If you do you need to educate yourself and until then quit trolling in a section you have no interest in.

I know there are older players on consoles but why they getting excited with 2seconds of damaged car in trailer?

I got console so your lame trolling arguement is nonsense.

I played GT5P and It was very good arcade racer but theres more to show on trailer than 1 damaged car. Trailer of GT5 was bad for me.

|MaguS|
06-04-09, 09:41 AM
I know there are older players on consoles but why they getting excited like 9 years old kid with 2seconds of damaged car in trailer?

I got console so your lame trolling arguement is nonsense.

Because Car Damage was one of the most desired features of GT and has been talked about for years. Now theirs proof that it will actually be in the game finally.

Shamrock
06-04-09, 09:36 PM
Well, when GT5 comes out, it will be the first console I've owned since the Sega Master system. (with Sega CD) ;)

KasuCode
06-04-09, 11:00 PM
Well, when GT5 comes out, it will be the first console I've owned since the Sega Master system. (with Sega CD) ;)

Im willing to bet they will do a bundle package with a PS3 and GT5 just like they did for GT3 Some years ago.

I love the fact that my G25 wheel works with the game and supports all features. (clutch/5speed) Im not a fan for full sim racing games. GT5P was the first game I was able to enjoy my G25. I know GT5 will be bad ass on its release.

sammy sung
06-05-09, 05:08 AM
Im willing to bet they will do a bundle package with a PS3 and GT5 just like they did for GT3 Some years ago.

I love the fact that my G25 wheel works with the game and supports all features. (clutch/5speed) Im not a fan for full sim racing games. GT5P was the first game I was able to enjoy my G25. I know GT5 will be bad ass on its release.

I'm sure of that aswell,i bought my PS3 bundled with GT5 p.

H3avyM3tal
06-05-09, 04:21 PM
Here I go again:

In another interview after E3 (dunno i it's the same one as I told you about before), which is also over at gtplanet, Kazunori says that GT5, as far as the team at PD thinks, is done and ready. They are just supposedly giving it the finish they want. That means that the game might actually come out by the end of this year, as rumors suggested.

Keeping fingers crossed. This is going to be ace. Finally this gen is giving me my money back the way I wanted it to :) GT5 is the one game I truly waited for (other ace games aside).

|MaguS|
06-05-09, 04:41 PM
Here I go again:

In another interview after E3 (dunno i it's the same one as I told you about before), which is also over at gtplanet, Kazunori says that GT5, as far as the team at PD thinks, is done and ready. They are just supposedly giving it the finish they want. That means that the game might actually come out by the end of this year, as rumors suggested.

Keeping fingers crossed. This is going to be ace. Finally this gen is giving me my money back the way I wanted it to :) GT5 is the one game I truly waited for (other ace games aside).

Wont come out this year, if it were Sony would have announced it already. There is only TGS left for trade shows and well that would be too late in the year to announce a release date for something as big as GT.

Kazunori recently said that they hope to have the game available as soon as possible, when asked at its current state he said that its at a point where they can release it but they want to make sure everything is done and done well. No rush job...

Bman212121
06-05-09, 06:42 PM
Here I go again:

Half of the reason why I own a PS3 is for GT5, so it's been kind of disappointing that it has taken this long. Thankfully they at least gave us GT:HD for free and released GT5:P.