PDA

View Full Version : Forza Motorsport 3 E3 09: New Features and Improvements Interview HD

sammy sung
06-02-09, 09:18 PM
Looks great with a lot of improvements over f2,with this and GT5 on its way the fall/winter will be sweet :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-forza-motorsport/50203

S.I.N
06-02-09, 11:26 PM
I fell in love during that short presentation. One thing that struck me though was even though the car flipped the windows did not crack and the driver hand motions did not change. Still cant wait though. This will hold me over until GT5.

kev13dd
06-03-09, 03:53 AM
I know it's a different racing style, but after games like DiRT and GRID, the graphics and physics just seem like a step backwards. And with DiRT2 coming out soon and looking even better, it's hard to appreciate Forza 3. The actual gameplay in the video didn't show anything new which hasn't been done before, and past Forza games have talked about damage but not done it as well as other games

I do love the sheer amount of cars in the game though. I'll give it credit there

K

Toss3
06-03-09, 06:55 AM
I know it's a different racing style, but after games like DiRT and GRID, the graphics and physics just seem like a step backwards. And with DiRT2 coming out soon and looking even better, it's hard to appreciate Forza 3. The actual gameplay in the video didn't show anything new which hasn't been done before, and past Forza games have talked about damage but not done it as well as other games

I do love the sheer amount of cars in the game though. I'll give it credit there

K

I know this is a matter of opinion, but Grid and DiRT weren't that impressive graphically imho; it was all bloom and motion blur. Forza 3 and GT 5 are in a different league.

sammy sung
06-03-09, 08:54 AM
I know this is a matter of opinion, but Grid and DiRT weren't that impressive graphically imho; it was all bloom and motion blur. Forza 3 and GT 5 are in a different league.

Very true,G4 showed a brief section with the presenter testing it and it looked great with cars/interiors detailed way beyond any codemaster game.Best of all it has colours and no constant brown filter .I never quite could figure out why the hell codemasters introduced it,it always looked like crap (no pun intended)

ViN86
06-03-09, 11:53 AM
That guy in the vid has a sweet beard.

The game looks great.

H3avyM3tal
06-03-09, 03:35 PM
Did you like the music video of the game, where all the cars were dancing to the sound of music?

(gay)
(omg)
:headexplode:

I wish they would take themselves more seriously.

S.I.N
06-03-09, 05:44 PM
Did you like the music video of the game, where all the cars were dancing to the sound of music?

(gay)
(omg)
:headexplode:

I wish they would take themselves more seriously.

That was more of the community stuff. Forza 2 was pretty crazy for months with the design feature. I think the video feature will have many going nuts. I couldn't design anything in Forza 2 but I'm the type to watch my GT replays over and over so I can see myself playing alot with that feature.

H3avyM3tal
06-05-09, 04:07 PM
That was a cummunity feature, but the devs made that video. I thought it was preety retarded. They have a good game coming, so I just wish they would take it more seriously and go the NFS feel and style.

Physics may be good, but the overall feel seems off.

S.I.N
06-05-09, 04:47 PM
I still don't get what you are getting at as if a 2 minute video of a feature from the game has them stopping full production on the game. Also have you played Forza? Its hardcore so that last part of your argument is a joke. You mention take there game more seriously them mention Need For Speed feel and style? Have you played the last 5 iterations of NFS? Something else has to be bothering you.:rofl

sammy sung
06-05-09, 05:33 PM
I still don't get what you are getting at as if a 2 minute video of a feature from the game has them stopping full production on the game. Also have you played Forza? Its hardcore so that last part of your argument is a joke. You mention take there game more seriously them mention Need For Speed feel and style? Have you played the last 5 iterations of NFS? Something else has to be bothering you.:rofl

True,niether Forza or Forza 2 is anything like the NFS series and for a good reason.Some always has to make this a GT5 or Forza 3 thing but i think both games will be great,personally i don't give a rats ass if this has 400 cars instead of 800 or if GT5 won't have damage afterall,i'll buy them both.

pakotlar
07-22-09, 01:39 AM
no offense to the Forza team, but 3 is not on par graphically with GT5. The difference isn't great, but it is there. Shaders & lighting are still better in GT5. However, Forza 3 looks so good that I doubt anyone will care. It is a small difference. Polyphony has finally met their match. They are still #1, but 5 year dev cycles can't compete with 2 year dev cycles. That's a fact.

although it is damn impressive than Polyphony can beat Forza 3 graphics with 2x as many cars on screen. that is very nice.