PDA

View Full Version : FF7 now on PSN plays on PS3 and PSP

Pages : [1] 2

KasuCode
06-03-09, 01:17 AM
Playing it on PS3 now plays great.

NarcissistZero
06-03-09, 02:44 AM
I have an old copy somewhere but I bought it anyway, to support more PS1 games on PS3. I also bought Medal of Honor, which was a blast from the past.

ViN86
06-03-09, 11:13 AM
Is it enhanced at all? Or is it still 480p max?

I only ask because I have the Greatest Hits version and I don't want to spend money if it doesn't offer anything new... :o

Ninjaman09
06-03-09, 11:14 AM
I'd buy it again just to avoid having to change the discs out. :p

|MaguS|
06-03-09, 11:32 AM
Is it enhanced at all? Or is it still 480p max?

I only ask because I have the Greatest Hits version and I don't want to spend money if it doesn't offer anything new... :o

No discs required! :p

I also bought RE:DC.

Anyone know if the loading in PSX games are improved when bought from the PSN?

KasuCode
06-03-09, 01:41 PM
No discs required! :p

I also bought RE:DC.

Anyone know if the loading in PSX games are improved when bought from the PSN?

I didnt even notice any loading when playing FF7. everything was instant. The memory card slots took maybe 2 seconds to save games thats it.

Other improvments is its still 480 but they have a smoothness which kinda blurs the picture. but when I took it off it looked so bad. I forgot how blocky the game was. Then again im playing it on a 47" LCD. With smoothness on it looks much better. Very playable. I have the original for PC but the MIDI sound sucks. I tried modding it in the past and it would work great but the crashes kept me from playing. So this is just what I wanted. The original that wont crash.

NarcissistZero
06-03-09, 04:24 PM
It runs in 1080p actually, but of course it's just upscaling which barely improves it. The blur is nice, as it helps the jaggies.

The best thing about this version is the instant load times... a battle starts and you're right in there as soon as the swirly thing stops... moving indoors and such is also instant. The last time I played one of the PS1 FF games the load times drove me nuts, but playing FF7 off the PS3 HDD felt like a cartridge game.

And yeah, the music is still amazing, and a highlight not only of the game, but of the genre, and even of games as a whole.

Yaboze
06-03-09, 05:57 PM
I still have my original FF7 game in its double jewel case (3 discs). I wish I could load it on the PS3 HDD.

ralinn
06-04-09, 02:45 PM
Not in the UK store yet.

Didn't see that coming...

|MaguS|
06-04-09, 02:58 PM
I still have my original FF7 game in its double jewel case (3 discs). I wish I could load it on the PS3 HDD.

Best thing Sony could do is allow people to Rip their PSX games directly to the HD... I mean I know they make money from the PSN releases but I dout they make anything from physical media PSX Games...

XDanger
06-04-09, 06:35 PM
I bought original at the weekend for 50p

Does ps3 have savestate?

|MaguS|
06-04-09, 06:41 PM
I bought original at the weekend for 50p

Does ps3 have savestate?

No but do you need it? The game was never that difficult and the distance between save points are a joke when compared to other RPGs.

ViN86
06-05-09, 08:31 AM
No but do you need it? The game was never that difficult and the distance between save points are a joke when compared to other RPGs.

When I looked at your avatar, first I was like :| then I was like :lol: and I am now like :rofl

ViN86
06-09-09, 01:15 PM
So it turns out I have FFVIII (got it for free from someone who didn't want it). I have never played any of the FF series, so I bought FFVII. I figure the "best" of the series is the best place to start hehe.

NarcissistZero
06-09-09, 02:11 PM
So it turns out I have FFVIII (got it for free from someone who didn't want it). I have never played any of the FF series, so I bought FFVII. I figure the "best" of the series is the best place to start hehe.

It was the mostpopular, but that doesn't man best... a lot of people actually dislike it compared to VI or X.

Mr. Hunt
06-09-09, 02:21 PM
It was the mostpopular, but that doesn't man best... a lot of people actually dislike it compared to VI or X.

A lot of people are dumb. X was good, but holy crap was it way too linear. Barely any side quests at all.

NarcissistZero
06-09-09, 02:24 PM
Every FF is pretty damn linear.

npras42
06-09-09, 03:57 PM
FFVII wasn't that linear. There were a lot of side-quests that took you completely away from the main quest and took hours and hours to do. By the time I started doing normal quest stuff I'd forgotten what was actually going on...

H3avyM3tal
06-09-09, 04:05 PM
The only annoying thing is that the screen is stretched when you upscale to full screen, so Im playing on the normal mode :)

I still love the look and feel of the game :D

Mr. Hunt
06-09-09, 04:43 PM
The only annoying thing is that the screen is stretched when you upscale to full screen, so Im playing on the normal mode :)

I still love the look and feel of the game :D

How else would "full screen" work? Are you meaning on a 16x9 screen? If so... of course it is stretched. FFVII wasn't a 16x9 game last time I checked :\.

|MaguS|
06-09-09, 05:33 PM
Every FF is pretty damn linear.

FFXII got non linear pretty quick... you can go around doing quests for hours at a time without touching the main quest. Same with Tactics...

Heck FFXI is totally nonlinear so you fail my good sir!

ralinn
06-09-09, 06:50 PM
FFVII was definitely not linear. I put hours and hours into the side quests and mini games in that game. Jesus christ was there a lot of them too.

Mr. Hunt
06-09-09, 08:37 PM
FFVII was definitely not linear. I put hours and hours into the side quests and mini games in that game. Jesus christ was there a lot of them too.

Yup. I can't tell you how much freaking time I put into breeding chocobos and racing them. THAT was freaking amazing.

H3avyM3tal
06-10-09, 04:11 PM
How else would "full screen" work? Are you meaning on a 16x9 screen? If so... of course it is stretched. FFVII wasn't a 16x9 game last time I checked :\.

I know, replace "Its annoying" with "A shame it is not" - all is well now, I hope.

NarcissistZero
06-11-09, 03:17 AM

I don't really view side-quests and mini-games as non-linear gameplay. FF7 will have the same story progression, story outcome and general path everytime you play it. It's not like Fallout 3 where you choose when to advance what story, decide the fate of a story or whatever else.