PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda Wii

Pages : [1] 2

Zelda_fan
06-06-09, 03:59 PM
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/992/992063/the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605000034019-000.jpg

It's finally been announced.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991714p1.html

One lone piece of concept art.

Good news is that it's slated to come out in 2010 (probably the Christmas season). Surprised that it's only a year and a half away and Nintendo hasn't released a video yet, but I guess they learned their lesson from hyping up Twilight Princess.

Looks pretty bad ass is all I can say.

|MaguS|
06-06-09, 04:01 PM
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/992/992063/the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605000034019-000.jpg

Good news is that it's slated to come out in 2010 (probably the Christmas season). Surprised that it's only a year and a half away and Nintendo hasn't released a video yet, but I guess they learned their lesson from hyping up Twilight Princess.

Looks pretty bad ass? It's concept art that can change easily in over a year... heck its not even concept art relating to gameplay... man you are a blind loyalist.

|MaguS|
06-06-09, 04:05 PM
http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=37136&stc=1&d=1244322300Here is some better Zelda art.

NaitoSan
06-06-09, 04:11 PM

I heard a rumor that Retro Studios' working on this one. It'd be interesting if true also its supposed to be darker with older Link than in previous series. Sounds awesome.

ViN86
06-06-09, 05:46 PM
If it's good, I will be glad I have Wii. Otherwise, I will remain disappointed lol.

Mr. Hunt
06-06-09, 06:27 PM
If it's good, I will be glad I have Wii. Otherwise, I will remain disappointed lol.

Same. I just hope this isn't another carbon copy of OoT again... I want something fresh feeling. They really need to change stuff up this time. Not saying it won't sell, it just won't sell to me personally if this is the same thing over again.

EDIT: And that picture reminds me of something very familiar...

EDIT2: Here it is...

http://zforza.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/flatley.jpg

sammy sung
06-06-09, 07:02 PM
Looks pretty bad ass? It's concept art that can change easily in over a year... heck its not even concept art relating to gameplay... man you are a blind loyalist.

Don't forget,he's among the top 1% of loyalists.

Zelda_fan
06-06-09, 07:57 PM
Same. I just hope this isn't another carbon copy of OoT again... I want something fresh feeling. They really need to change stuff up this time. Not saying it won't sell, it just won't sell to me personally if this is the same thing over again.

Coming from you that's about the highest compliment it could get.

Mr. Hunt
06-06-09, 08:25 PM
Coming from you that's about the highest compliment it could get.

Lol... I just saw the "flames" (maybe not even flames) in the background and had to find that picture ;).

S.I.N
06-06-09, 08:51 PM

Yeah I hope they finally frigging change it up. I have played every Zelda game and nearly every one since OoT has been the same predictabel damn game. Fire dungeon, water dungeon, Ice temple, meet the Goran's, meet Zora's.

ralinn
06-07-09, 06:19 AM
Well, I hope it stays just like that because I'm enjoying it. Hey, it can't be one of the most popular Nintendo games for nothing right? :)

IMO, not everything should be redone. Some games are just superb as they are. Zelda, for me, is one of them. Also Zelda_fan... he's also superb as he is.

Toss3
06-07-09, 07:18 AM
Well, I hope it stays just like that because I'm enjoying it. Hey, it can't be one of the most popular Nintendo games for nothing right? :)

IMO, not everything should be redone. Some games are just superb as they are. Zelda, for me, is one of them. Also Zelda_fan... he's also superb as he is.

(gay)

|Magus| art reminded me that they really should do a remake of A link to the past as it is one of the best games ever.

Mr. Hunt
06-07-09, 11:40 AM

It was ok for a while but I bought a Wii and Twilight Princess and played it for a while, but I eventually just gave up on it. I literally couldn't force myself to finish the game, and this was the first Zelda game I hadn't finished since Majoras Mask (which I barely even played).

ralinn
06-08-09, 07:56 AM
(gay)

|Magus| art reminded me that they really should do a remake of A link to the past as it is one of the best games ever.

I think you're superb too :)

It was ok for a while but I bought a Wii and Twilight Princess and played it for a while, but I eventually just gave up on it. I literally couldn't force myself to finish the game, and this was the first Zelda game I hadn't finished since Majoras Mask (which I barely even played).

I missed out on MM on the N64 so I never got to play it until I tried it on an Emulator. Can't say I liked it very much... but I enjoyed the rest of the Zeldas. My favourite so far has been Wind Waker. I loved its style.

ViN86
06-08-09, 11:45 AM
I beat OoT and MM within a week of getting them :lol:

But I am having a nearly impossible time finishing Twilight Princess as well :(

NarcissistZero
06-08-09, 04:11 PM
I honestly think every Nintendo game since the Super NES has been a dissapointment, outside of Zelda: OoT.

I don't know if my increasing age has turned me off of their games or just the developments in story, AI, Graphics and immersion of other games which Nintendo ignores that turns me off.

Or maybe it's just that all their games are the same time after time, just repackaged. I know Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3, the only Wii games I played before selling it other than Warioware, were almost exact copies of their previous installments.

Zelda_fan
06-08-09, 04:17 PM
If you think Metroid Corruption, Twilight Princess, and Mario Galaxy are bad games, then we just disagree strongly on what a good game is. We just have severely different tastes, because to me, they are some of the greatest games of all time.

And I don't see how you could say Twilight Princess is a repackage, when pretty much every first person shooter ever is simply a repackaging of the original Doom. You get different guns, fight through different levels, and shoot stuff. That formula hasn't changed since 1992.

Mr. Hunt
06-08-09, 04:48 PM
If you think Metroid Corruption, Twilight Princess, and Mario Galaxy are bad games, then we just disagree strongly on what a good game is. We just have severely different tastes, because to me, they are some of the greatest games of all time.

And I don't see how you could say Twilight Princess is a repackage, when pretty much every first person shooter ever is simply a repackaging of the original Doom. You get different guns, fight through different levels, and shoot stuff. That formula hasn't changed since 1992.

Too bad in the last few Zelda titles you don't get different weapons, fight through different levels... you just slash stuff and blah blah blah. And the only title you mentioned above that is decent is Mario Galaxy, and look what they are doing with that, coming out with another one exactly the same.

MaxFX
06-08-09, 05:51 PM
Great cant wait and soon Mario Galaxy2 and the remake of super mario bros...they all are a must have, this is real console games so STOP mocking ZeldaFan you big ole brutes :D

|MaguS|
06-08-09, 05:53 PM

You wouldn't know the greatest games of all time since you are not a big PC gamer nor have you played any PS2 titles. ICO and SOTC stomp all over the games you listed in both originality and design.

The games you listed were good games... Zelda was nothing more then a rehash of OOT, they barely bothered to rethink the series with that game.

Mr. Hunt
06-08-09, 07:12 PM
Great cant wait and soon Mario Galaxy2 and the remake of super mario bros...they all are a must have, this is real console games so STOP mocking ZeldaFan you big ole brutes :D

The NEW Super Mario Bros. ISN'T a remake of SMB... it is NEW, hence, the name NEW Super Mario Brothers.

Zelda_fan
06-08-09, 08:37 PM
You wouldn't know the greatest games of all time since you are not a big PC gamer nor have you played any PS2 titles. ICO and SOTC stomp all over the games you listed in both originality and design.

The games you listed were good games... Zelda was nothing more then a rehash of OOT, they barely bothered to rethink the series with that game.

Hey dick sucker. I've been playing PC games since 1990. I'm from the days of commander keen. Name me a good PC game and I've probably played it. Probably the last good FPS that introduced new gameplay was Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. But Crysis, Doom, Unreal, Quake, etc... it's all the same. Equip a gun. Point the gun. Shoot. Hope you blow it up. Get to boss. Hard fight. Game over...... BORRRRRINGGG.

I didn't own a PS2, but ICO and SOTC are on my to play list.

Zelda_fan
06-08-09, 08:42 PM
Too bad in the last few Zelda titles you don't get different weapons, fight through different levels... you just slash stuff and blah blah blah. And the only title you mentioned above that is decent is Mario Galaxy, and look what they are doing with that, coming out with another one exactly the same.

The sword and shield is classic zelda gameplay. If there is no sword and shield, then it just isn't zelda. Why mess with something that works very very very well? And I wasn't aware you could turn into a wolf, use two hook shots at once, jump on a spinning top, mounted sword combat, and use a domnination rod in and of the other Zeldas. But maybe you know something about Zelda that I don't.

And as for mario galaxy - it was a freakin blast. More of the same (with new levels) is exactly what I want.

|MaguS|
06-08-09, 09:23 PM
Hey dick sucker. I've been playing PC games since 1990. I'm from the days of commander keen. Name me a good PC game and I've probably played it. Probably the last good FPS that introduced new gameplay was Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. But Crysis, Doom, Unreal, Quake, etc... it's all the same. Equip a gun. Point the gun. Shoot. Hope you blow it up. Get to boss. Hard fight. Game over...... BORRRRRINGGG.

I didn't own a PS2, but ICO and SOTC are on my to play list.

Hey moron, learn to read properly or should I buy you some of those educational DS Games? I never said you didn't play PC Games, I said you never were a big PC Gamer... as in you don't care enough about PC Gaming to judge ir properly. Yet in your retarded rant you failed to mention System Shock 2 and Deus Ex both which take the standard FPS formula and turn it on its head.

Grow up enough to know that Nintendo has gotten stale, They don't care about releasing good games anymore because idiots like you continue to buy every stupid game that has Mario or Zelda in the title.

Zelda_fan
06-08-09, 10:16 PM
Hey moron, learn to read properly or should I buy you some of those educational DS Games? I never said you didn't play PC Games, I said you never were a big PC Gamer... as in you don't care enough about PC Gaming to judge ir properly. Yet in your retarded rant you failed to mention System Shock 2 and Deus Ex both which take the standard FPS formula and turn it on its head.

Grow up enough to know that Nintendo has gotten stale, They don't care about releasing good games anymore because idiots like you continue to buy every stupid game that has Mario or Zelda in the title.

Guess what? I've played both System Shock 2 and Deus Ex. A little better than the standard Quake clone, but both were so boring to me I couldn't finish either one. Yeah, yeah, in System Shock you gain levels, and get power up items, but at the end of the day you still point your gun and shoot at people. Personally, I'd rather swing a sword and save a princess, or jump on a goomba. But that's just me. I find that more fun. And judging by the NPD numbers, so does the rest of the world.