PDA

View Full Version : GoW2 coming to PC afterall?

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
06-12-09, 01:55 PM
While Epic previously stated that GoW2 would not be coming to PC, a product page on this online retailer has details, a Games for Windows box cover and a Dec. 4, 2009, release date. When asked for a comment, Microsoft denied the listing.
*The website has the game listed for Dec. 4, 2010 (not 2009).
http://www.beantowngames.com/games/pid101217.htm
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=63340

Lfctony
06-12-09, 02:10 PM
December 4 2010...

|MaguS|
06-12-09, 02:13 PM
meh, Not interested. Didn't like the first one (tried it on the X360 and PC) don't think I will give the second one a shot.

SH64
06-12-09, 02:17 PM
December 4 2010...
Hmmm yeah its listed for 2010 in that wesbite and WP reported 2009 ... could be a typo although it makes more sense.
i mean by Dec 2010 GoW3 could be out :headexplode:

jeong
06-12-09, 02:26 PM
ugh, that's too far away. Almost 1.5 years from now on. By then GoW 3, Crysis 2, Diablo 3, Rage, SC2, MW2, CoD7, ST4, RE5, AC2, ME2 should be in our hands.

six_storm
06-12-09, 02:31 PM
December 4 2010...

Yikes, that's not really even worth it IMO.

NarcissistZero
06-12-09, 03:06 PM
It's fake... Kotaku reported on it this morning. MS denied it and restated "GoW2 is not coming to PC."

I'm pretty sure they mean it this time, since Cliffy said it rather bluntly... "we are not doing it." Fake denials always have things like "at this time" after them.

nekrosoft13
06-12-09, 03:11 PM
It's fake... Kotaku reported on it this morning. MS denied it and restated "GoW2 is not coming to PC."

I'm pretty sure they mean it this time, since Cliffy said it rather bluntly... "we are not doing it." Fake denials always have things like "at this time" after them.

just like when GOW showed up first in nvidia driver profiles, MS/Epic denied it and then few months ago they announced PC released?

just like that?

NarcissistZero
06-12-09, 03:19 PM
just like when GOW showed up first in nvidia driver profiles, MS/Epic denied it and then few months ago they announced PC released?

just like that?

I don't recall them ever saying "we are never bringing GoW to PC, it's not going to happen, it's an Xbox game and only an Xbox game," which is what they have said about GoW2.

Combine the stronger language with the expressed dissapointment over GoW's PC sales and you have a recipe for never porting it.

I would be surprised if PC gets very many Xbox ports from MS at all from now on, including Halo 3 and others... their focus seems clear. Fable 2 is the only game I would guess will come eventually.

Protoplasym
06-12-09, 03:25 PM
I would be surprised if PC gets very many Xbox ports from MS at all from now on, including Halo 3 and others... their focus seems clear. Fable 2 is the only game I would guess will come eventually.

It bummed me out when Halo 2 for PC was announced for Vista only... cheap shot, yada blada.... so I definitely wouldn't expect Halo 3 for PC unless it's Vista only. Doesn't help me though seeing as I'm XP:(. It's a real bummer because 1 looks great and feels great (haven't started it yet, but from the 15-20 mins I put into it, I could understand what all the hype was about, feels like a solid/fun shooter for sure). I'd love to add 2 & 3 to my collection but what can I do... the XP hack for 2 sounds ridiculous and unreliable, and I'm way too noob to ever try something like that, plus it's illegal.

I hope Fable 2 gets ported for XP... one looks amazing (same deal, only 15+ mins of testing) and I'm sure it's gonna be a totally badass lil hacknslash RPG. Gorgeous lil engine too.

GoW... lol... (only tested for 15 mins, can force 4xAA through the driver thank god, runs great, looks amazing, bloody UT3 engine rules) I haven't been able to play this since late January of this year because of that silly bug it's got. I have no net at home, so haven't tried patching it... I 'think' I had to be online to install that one at a friends house, not sure. If it was necessary though, I'm sure one has to be online to bloody update it too.

GoW 2 for PC would be cool for a collector like me, but seeing as how Epic has taken the stance, "screw PC users because they're thieves", it won't kill me.... and seeing as how I've paid for every Epic product I own, it's a HUGE slap in my face... along with the countless other PC Gamers who have faithfully supported them over the years.

LordJuanlo
06-15-09, 06:12 AM
I would be surprised if PC gets very many Xbox ports from MS at all from now on, including Halo 3 and others... their focus seems clear

I think you are right, it looks like Microsoft's only goal is to destroy PC gaming no matter the cost.

crainger
06-15-09, 08:39 AM
I don't think MS is out to destroy PC gaming, it's just 360 makes more money and has a better image. I mean look. It's more accessible, fairly easy to create games for, big investment that has paid off and every time they do a PC port we whine and complain about it anyway and pirate the game. The only ones destroying PC gaming is PC gamers.

K007
06-15-09, 08:41 AM
they have to. Xbox is there center for gaming.

to be fair crainger the xbox equally get pirated..but it get sold a lot more where as pc would get less pirated but less sell copies for obvious reasons.

unless its a solid good game it wont sell well.

mailman2
06-15-09, 09:02 AM
I'm guessing we will see it eventually. CliffyB is a douche. If everyone would boycott his games till they come to PC too, that would be great!!

FastRedPonyCar
06-15-09, 12:52 PM
Is anyone even playing gears2? I don't see the fire storm that the first one created as far as people going crazy over it. I wonder if it was a pop/fizzle for this 2nd one. If so, they need to just go ahead and give it to us.

Buio
06-15-09, 02:13 PM
I don't think MS is out to destroy PC gaming, it's just 360 makes more money and has a better image. I mean look. It's more accessible, fairly easy to create games for, big investment that has paid off and every time they do a PC port we whine and complain about it anyway and pirate the game. The only ones destroying PC gaming is PC gamers.

Microsoft is just ignoring PC gaming now. Which makes it a bit strange when they are also in control of PC gaming, with Windows and DirectX.

PC gaming wont go away, but the market will change. Big titles from big companies will be console first, with exceptions of course. Some games are still best on PC and a few companies like Blizzard are PC/Mac only. It will be fun to see when Blizzards starts to do console games for real. Their previous console efforts have sort of imploded.

NarcissistZero
06-15-09, 04:00 PM
Microsoft is just ignoring PC gaming now. Which makes it a bit strange when they are also in control of PC gaming, with Windows and DirectX.

The former head of Games for Windows Live! said in an interview not long ago with PC Gamer that MS' stance on PC games is to basically ignore them, but to make sure the tools are there for developers who want them.

Protoplasym
06-15-09, 05:33 PM
I think you are right, it looks like Microsoft's only goal is to destroy PC gaming no matter the cost.

There are a couple major reasons why I agree with you:

1. Console Games charge $10 more for a game at time of release and their resale value stays unnaturally high for a long time.
2. Devs/Pubs can spend less money making a game, because Consolers are used to sloppy performance and not having options.
3. The main reason is Hardware related... obviously... because the Devs only have to program a game to run with basic Framerate requirements on 2 machines (P3 & 360), their 'testing period' is cheaper/more hassle free in the long run.

Put all of that together and what you get is a business model that makes more money than the PC model.... 'and' taboot, you can dictate 'all' you want to your customers because they have ZERO choices when it comes to hardware, i.e. configuration of their "gaming machines".

It's Tyrannical Gaming and nothing more, and as long as the Public continues to buy into it's BS, the worse it's going to become for PC Gaming and the worse Gaming is going to be as a whole in the long run.....

penny
penny

Protoplasym
06-15-09, 05:38 PM

Ultimately Pirating is the cause of many things... but there are other factors.

DRM Schemes of today and of the last Decade have turned a number of "what used to be normal purchasers of games" PC Gamers against the Pubs/Devs. The fact that for the last 5+ years, PC Gamers expect a game to 8/10 come out of the box with bugs (sometimes game crashing bugs, especially these last couple years) and have to wait at the mercy of Pubs to pay Devs to fix said bugs via patches/etc... is also a huge factor for a multitude of PC Gamers closing their pocket book.

I'm not saying either of those factors is just cause to steal a game one enjoys playing: I'm simply stating other reasons why PC Gaming and Piracy has become what it has become.... so in the end, it's not 'just' PC Gamers who are to blame for the nonsense that is PC Gaming today.

Protoplasym
06-15-09, 05:39 PM
Is anyone even playing gears2? I don't see the fire storm that the first one created as far as people going crazy over it. I wonder if it was a pop/fizzle for this 2nd one. If so, they need to just go ahead and give it to us.

Looked like another gorgeous Railride from the reviews I read.... it's 3rd person, so honestly I can live without it... hell, I've played less than 15 mins of the 1st one, lol.

It's hard for me to get into 3rd person when it's 'so' bloody easy to make a FP view.... and with the beautiful U3 engine, I was pissed when I first learned GoW was a 3PS.

wrathofgod
06-15-09, 06:23 PM
I'm guessing we will see it eventually. CliffyB is a douche. If everyone would boycott his games till they come to PC too, that would be great!!

Done and Done!

rudedog
06-15-09, 09:09 PM
Hmmmmm, I have a vision.

When MS is ready to launch Windows 7 and Direct X 11 we'll see them all of a sudden praise the PC gaming customer and want us to upgrade. They will show us how much better it is and how many devs are working on DX11 titles.

God I wish OpenGL took the lead instead of DX

Because of the lack of interest MS has shown the PC gaming customer, I've voted with my wallet and have moved my boxes and the families laptops over to Apple. I have one box left and that is for playing video games. I run XP and will not be updating it to Vista or Win7. I will also not be upgrading to the latest video card or CPU (which I've done with every top end nV card, released as well as intel CPU and intel/nV based MBs) so while in the long run the hardware vendors hurt as well as MS.

I've save a ton of $$ and feel better for it in the long run.

Ancient76
06-16-09, 05:38 AM
There are a couple major reasons why I agree with you:

1. Console Games charge $10 more for a game at time of release and their resale value stays unnaturally high for a long time.
2. Devs/Pubs can spend less money making a game, because Consolers are used to sloppy performance and not having options.
3. The main reason is Hardware related... obviously... because the Devs only have to program a game to run with basic Framerate requirements on 2 machines (P3 & 360), their 'testing period' is cheaper/more hassle free in the long run.

Put all of that together and what you get is a business model that makes more money than the PC model.... 'and' taboot, you can dictate 'all' you want to your customers because they have ZERO choices when it comes to hardware, i.e. configuration of their "gaming machines".

It's Tyrannical Gaming and nothing more, and as long as the Public continues to buy into it's BS, the worse it's going to become for PC Gaming and the worse Gaming is going to be as a whole in the long run.....

penny
penny

PS3 is the worst platform for developing games, and the most expensive.

KZ2 costed about $60 million. It's PS3 major title with poor sales, about million so far. I think it would had better sales on PC!

BioHazZarD
06-16-09, 06:38 AM
Of course it will come, they said the same thing on the first one, it would take years for hardware to mature to even think to port it to pc and shortly after it was released.. they talk too much bs.

ViN86
06-16-09, 09:11 AM
Cliffy B is still bitter about "putting so much work" into the PC port and not receiving jizzfilled reviews.