PDA

View Full Version : My xbox RROD'ed again

Pages : [1] 2

Crow_Nest
06-22-09, 03:08 AM
Thread title says it all.

My warrenty is up, and i dont think i can get a new console so soon. My old xbox and xbox 360 is the only console i own and both pulled the plug on themselves. Bummer. :(

Retrolock
06-22-09, 05:15 AM
You could fix it yourself and do those x-clamp mod things. Since you're in Singapore, I bet there are shops there that tries to revive RROD'ed units.

tornadog
06-22-09, 11:03 AM
wow it lasted more than 3 years??? just call ms support and tell them its rrod. Sometimes they will agree to repair if warranty just expired or something.

Maverick123w
06-22-09, 11:15 AM
Does this still happen with the newest revision? I haven't had any heat issues yet (knock on wood)

nekrosoft13
06-22-09, 11:18 AM
Does this still happen with the newest revision? I haven't had any heat issues yet (knock on wood)

yes, its a feature of the system

Crow_Nest
06-22-09, 11:20 AM
You could fix it yourself and do those x-clamp mod things. Since you're in Singapore, I bet there are shops there that tries to revive RROD'ed units.

Never heard of it, i guess i'll have to do some research first. I'll see if i get it fixed by microsoft, if the repair fees arent too expensive maybe its better to just get it fixed by them rather than doing it myself.

wow it lasted more than 3 years??? just call ms support and tell them its rrod. Sometimes they will agree to repair if warranty just expired or something.

Not really, it RROD'ed last year but i got it changed as it was still under warranty. All they did was give me a refurbished set.

And i heard the newer sets (The ones with HDMI i believe) have lesser cases of RROD, but in exchange it can get some problems with the HDMI.

ViN86
06-22-09, 02:20 PM
Never heard of it, i guess i'll have to do some research first. I'll see if i get it fixed by microsoft, if the repair fees arent too expensive maybe its better to just get it fixed by them rather than doing it myself.

Not really, it RROD'ed last year but i got it changed as it was still under warranty. All they did was give me a refurbished set.

And i heard the newer sets (The ones with HDMI i believe) have lesser cases of RROD, but in exchange it can get some problems with the HDMI.

I believe you get three years with each replacement system. So you have 3 years since you got the replacement.

I RMA'd mine about a year ago, so I should still have 2 years left on this 360.

Lyme
06-24-09, 12:57 AM
You get a year, or until the end of your regular three year warranty, which ever is greater.

DiscipleDOC
06-24-09, 01:00 AM
I've had my PS3 for a little over three years, and have not had a single problem. ;)

Bearclaw
06-24-09, 01:02 AM
I've been using Doc for 3 years and.... nvm.

:bleh:

IN all seriousness though, I don't have a current gen console; just an Xbox. It still runs great. Love it.

NaitoSan
06-24-09, 03:09 AM
Not so long ago, my XBOX 360 Elite got RROD'ed so I packed everything up and went to BestBuy to have it replaced. Best thing about BestBuy's 2 year replacement plan is I get my 360 replaced in the same day. They told me to keep 120GB HDD from Elite. I choose to get Pro due to latest revision so I had like over $100 left on card to spend on movies or games. BestBuy FTW. It was easy and painless.

2 Year Replacement Plan is like $40 for me and I think worth it especially if you have BestBuy nearby. I rather get brand new 360 than waiting for a couple of days or weeks to get refurbished 360 from Microsoft.

marqmajere
06-24-09, 03:32 AM
I've had my PS3 for a little over three years, and have not had a single problem. ;)

I've had my xbox360 for 3 years and have not had a single problem. ;)

crainger
06-24-09, 07:39 AM
You will though... You will though.

ViN86
06-24-09, 10:35 AM
If mine dies again, I will contact the BBB.

Or I will pay DB to watercool it. :bleh:

Medion
06-24-09, 11:07 AM

yes, its a feature of the system

Launch units and the first HDMI revision are notorious for RROD. Estimates put it as high as 36%, which is absurd for any consumer electronic. However, the revised Falcon models are estimated at under 10% for all defects (not just RROD), which is still too high. It's possible for any revision to get any error, to include the RROD, but the Jasper model seems to be very stable at this point. Also, the next version on their road map is where they combine the CPU and GPU into one chip, without a die shrink, so I'm a bit worried about that. I'd just buy a Jasper and be done with it.

I would disregard Nekro's post, he's one of those fanboy types. Early adopters have been penalized the most with 360 stability, but those with a Falcon or Jasper will be fine.

ViN86
06-24-09, 11:43 AM
Launch units and the first HDMI revision are notorious for RROD. Estimates put it as high as 36%, which is absurd for any consumer electronic. However, the revised Falcon models are estimated at under 10% for all defects (not just RROD), which is still too high. It's possible for any revision to get any error, to include the RROD, but the Jasper model seems to be very stable at this point. Also, the next version on their road map is where they combine the CPU and GPU into one chip, without a die shrink, so I'm a bit worried about that. I'd just buy a Jasper and be done with it.

I would disregard Nekro's post, he's one of those fanboy types. Early adopters have been penalized the most with 360 stability, but those with a Falcon or Jasper will be fine.

Typically fanboys don't buy the oppositions products.

Nekro is not a fanboy. Case in point: Nekro owns a 360. :retard:

Btw I would love to see where you get all your "FACKS" from.

Crow_Nest
06-24-09, 12:51 PM
I believe you get three years with each replacement system. So you have 3 years since you got the replacement.

I RMA'd mine about a year ago, so I should still have 2 years left on this 360.

Really? Never heard of such a thing. None of the staff told me anything about a warranty extension when i RMA'ed my 360 the last time. Perhaps i should call up and check soon. My sister has been using the console and she said its been hanging.

ViN86
06-24-09, 01:37 PM
Really? Never heard of such a thing. None of the staff told me anything about a warranty extension when i RMA'ed my 360 the last time. Perhaps i should call up and check soon. My sister has been using the console and she said its been hanging.

If you do call, then post back the results. I thought this was the case but if not then I have a 360 out of warranty lol.

Medion
06-24-09, 02:21 PM
Typically fanboys don't buy the oppositions products.

Nekro is not a fanboy. Case in point: Nekro owns a 360. :retard:

All Nekro does is slam the 360, and refer to it as the RROD_Box. He may own the system, but he slams it at every opportunity. I trust his opinion on many things, but not on this.

Btw I would love to see where you get all your "FACKS" from.

That would be pointless. You've refused on many occasions to take my word for something, whether it was right or wrong. Backing up my insight with other articles won't bolster your confidence with me. I said what I said, so take it or leave it. It makes no difference to me.

ViN86
06-24-09, 02:29 PM
All Nekro does is slam the 360, and refer to it as the RROD_Box. He may own the system, but he slams it at every opportunity. I trust his opinion on many things, but not on this.

That would be pointless. You've refused on many occasions to take my word for something, whether it was right or wrong. Backing up my insight with other articles won't bolster your confidence with me. I said what I said, so take it or leave it. It makes no difference to me.

Left it by the curb...

Mr. Hunt
06-24-09, 02:32 PM

Why should Nekro call it anything else? The RROD problem is huge, and some people try to act like it doesn't exist. Microsoft STILL hasn't fixed the problem as it is happening to this day. I have only had to replace my system once so far, but that is mostly because I very rarely play it. I can't imagine how many times I would have had to have it shipped out if I played it more than once every few months.

Medion
06-24-09, 02:48 PM
Why should Nekro call it anything else? The RROD problem is huge, and some people try to act like it doesn't exist. Microsoft STILL hasn't fixed the problem as it is happening to this day. I have only had to replace my system once so far, but that is mostly because I very rarely play it. I can't imagine how many times I would have had to have it shipped out if I played it more than once every few months.

He can call it whatever he wants, but if he uses a derogatory term for it, then he's clearly biased against it. I mean, if I called every black person the "n" word, I would clearly be a racist.

As for the RROD problem itself, 9/10 times someone mentions that they have an RROD on a forum, and I ask, they typically have a launch unit (Xenon), or initial HDMI (Zephyr). I've heard of less than a handful of Falcon/Opus boards getting an RROD, and have yet to hear of a confirmed Jasper RROD, but I'm certain it has happened.

Mr. Hunt
06-24-09, 02:58 PM
Lol. I love how naming the MILLION different boards there are, I will think it isn't a problem anymore. People SHOULDN'T know the name of all of these revisions. Why do we? Oh because the RROD still exists and is still terrible. People know what numbers to look for on the side of the box and crap like that to make sure they are getting a newer revision so they might have LESS issues. But it will still occur because the QA on the 360 was garbage. Nothing more, nothing less.

ViN86
06-24-09, 02:59 PM
He can call it whatever he wants, but if he uses a derogatory term for it, then he's clearly biased against it. I mean, if I called every black person the "n" word, I would clearly be a racist.

As for the RROD problem itself, 9/10 times someone mentions that they have an RROD on a forum, and I ask, they typically have a launch unit (Xenon), or initial HDMI (Zephyr). I've heard of less than a handful of Falcon/Opus boards getting an RROD, and have yet to hear of a confirmed Jasper RROD, but I'm certain it has happened.
Calling a black person the n-word totally equates to calling the 360 the RROD_Box. :headexplode:

Medion
06-24-09, 03:03 PM
Lol. I love how naming the MILLION different boards there are, I will think it isn't a problem anymore. People SHOULDN'T know the name of all of these revisions. Why do we? Oh because the RROD still exists and is still terrible. People know what numbers to look for on the side of the box and crap like that to make sure they are getting a newer revision so they might have LESS issues. But it will still occur because the QA on the 360 was garbage. Nothing more, nothing less.

The problem exists with older models. Those who still have those older models are still at risk. The problem seems to not exist with models on the shelf today, or purchased within the past 12 months. Those who have purchased an Xbox 360 in the last 12 months, or will be purchasing one soon, should not have to worry about this issue.

Models on the shelves today are Arcade (Jasper), Pro (Jasper), and various elite skus (Falcon). The elites are the only ones I'd worry about, since their failure rates can still be as high as 10% based on some things that I have read. With that said, you don't have to look at numbers and such on the box or console, since if you buy one from a store today, you will get exactly what I just said.

Calling a black person the n-word totally equates to calling the 360 the RROD_Box. :headexplode:

Semantics. I know that you're not really THAT stupid, you just like to argue with me. Like I said before, there's no way for me to build credibility with you, so I won't even bother to try.