PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer 4 to be RPG?

SH64
06-22-09, 11:17 PM
Or MMORPG :headexplode:
EA is currently running a new survey regarding the future of the C&C franchise, asking whether fans of the series would be interested in finally experiencing the epic conclusion to the 15-year Tiberium saga with RPG-like player progression, persistent in both single-player and multiplayer modes, co-op play, and new stylized, live-action cinematics. Questions are also asked about the interested in new units like The Crawler, a new mobile base unit. While these questions were in reference to C&C4, it does not actually mean a new installment is in development
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=63608

nekrosoft13
06-22-09, 11:20 PM
RPG i would be interested in, but MMORPG hell no

Atomizer
06-22-09, 11:28 PM
To be honest, I took the mention of RPG-like to be more like Age of Empires 3, you get points to spend on your home city and can use those advancements in the regular RTS gameplay, not an actual RPG, I also dont think they are hinting about MMO at all, since they said it would span SP aswell

crainger
06-23-09, 02:20 AM
FFS

Mr. Hunt
06-23-09, 02:22 AM
FFS

What genre is that short for? Failed Franchise ****? Describes the last few C&Cs pretty well also...

Armed_Baboon
06-23-09, 02:45 AM
optimised for the "console experience" no doubt.

nutcrackr
06-23-09, 04:25 AM
just seems like a really early poll to get a feel of the community. the info on the crawler just infuriates me though.

crainger
06-23-09, 05:47 AM
What genre is that short for? Failed Franchise ****? Describes the last few C&Cs pretty well also...

Forget Fred Savage

BioHazZarD
06-23-09, 10:56 AM
Bah rpg no thanks i pass.

Atomizer
06-24-09, 01:00 AM
People need to read my post more :P

Play in the first RTS game with MMORPG like player progression in which you are rewarded every time you play. Every unit you kill in single player, multiplayer, or skirmish gives you experience points that allows you to level up your abilities and unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to your arsenal.
Its the same old RTS game, but with persistant advancement like Age of Empires 3, also yes as nutcrackr said, they are just polling the community right now, not confirming anything.

Crawler on the other hand needs to DIAF, im sick of crappy phone games, I tried playing them in my breaks at work, long story short, I ended up buying a PSP.

crainger
06-24-09, 01:32 AM
People need to read my post more :P

Not until you add more sex scenes.

CaptNKILL
06-24-09, 03:11 AM
Not until you add more sex scenes.

Don't arouse him, he might try to atomize you in your sleep.

Atomizer
06-24-09, 08:18 AM
Don't arouse him, he might try to atomize you in your sleep.

Well, that would be messy

Mr. Hunt
06-24-09, 10:41 AM
Forget Fred Savage

I WILL NEVER FORGET HIM! YOU WATCH YOUR TONGUE KEYWII!

Yeah, I totally went there.