PDA

View Full Version : Ebay buys yes no

JeremyWills
06-16-03, 05:35 PM
I have seen several "quote" reference or OEM FX 5900 boards that are for sale on Ebay already. Would anyone suggest going with one of these or should I wait untill the retail boards hit Best Buy, Compusa, etc.......................

Dazz
06-16-03, 05:37 PM
I don't see why not, although make sure they have good feedback first :)

volt
06-16-03, 05:38 PM
Never buy fresh hardware from auction sites, regardless the rating (my policy)

If you are lucky, you'll receive one. I'd suggest waiting :)

MikeC
06-16-03, 05:49 PM
Lucky Volty :D

JeremyWills
06-16-03, 05:57 PM
Im kind scared because they claim OEM, wich has the 2 slot bracket on it, and the cards have no drivers, no box, no paperwork, just the board wich im assuming are the Nvidia samples they sent out to be reviewed by everyone. And all are saying guaranteed no DOA, but however no warranty. I think Ill probably wait a while anyways for the retail boards and thier woes and a revision or 2 before I get one. Also, everyones still saying the ATi might be the better option still so Ill have to wait I guess, thanks anyways
Jeremy

ricercar
06-16-03, 06:12 PM
NVIDIA gave away 30+ cards at a Game Competition/event of some kind. When someone put one on eBay and got bids up to $980, suddenly more of the prize FX 5900 Ultras got put on eBay.

I wouldn't worry about warranty. if they fail, just write NVIDIA Corporation C/O NV35 product manager, and explain it's a promotional product that failed. You'll be treated fairly.