PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a Xbox 360

XP_GUN
06-25-09, 12:59 AM
So far I am liking it, :) picked up the arcade version since I wont be playing much Multiplayer. I bought it mainly for Halo 3 but just finished the game. I was thinking of picking up Gears of War 2, as well as Halo Wars. I do not keep track of games on this system so I asked if you guys are there any good recommendations of console only title's that I should take a look at?

Mr. Hunt
06-25-09, 01:03 AM
Get Crackdown. That is about it for me.

ViN86
06-25-09, 01:45 AM
Crackdown is like GTA on steroids. Very fun game.

I like Gears of War and Gears of War 2, but not everyone does.

NarcissistZero
06-25-09, 03:58 AM
Crackdown
The Darkness
Gears of War 2
Fable 2

I'm sure there other console exclusives on 360 worth owning, but none pop out in my head at the moment.

There's a ton of great XBLA games for download too, as well as a lot of fun expansions... you should get a HDD at some point, multiplayer has little to do with it.

sammy sung
06-25-09, 04:57 AM
PGR4 and Forza 2 if you like racing games,i think both are great and Forza 3 coming this fall looks brilliant sofar.

crainger
06-25-09, 06:03 AM
Crackdown
The Darkness
Gears of War 2
Fable 2

I'm sure there other console exclusives on 360 worth owning, but none pop out in my head at the moment.

There's a ton of great XBLA games for download too, as well as a lot of fun expansions... you should get a HDD at some point, multiplayer has little to do with it.

Yep. Worthy games indeed. The Darkness is superb.

Lyme
06-26-09, 12:53 AM
Mass effect is on the pc too, but is good on the 360.

crainger
06-26-09, 01:26 AM
Especially now you can install on HDD.

S.I.N
06-26-09, 02:42 AM
Crackdown
The Darkness
Gears of War 2
Fable 2

Yep, what he said. Also Blue Dragon if you are into RPGs. Pac-Man Arcade CE is a must.

Peoples-Agent
06-26-09, 03:36 AM
Could also add Fight Night 4 to that list if its your kinda thing, only on consoles afterall.

crainger
06-26-09, 05:29 AM
Blue Dragon was very meh, Lost Odessey is much better. Also Fight Night is a must buy if you like boxing (Or the Rocky films).

NaitoSan
06-26-09, 05:51 AM
A big plus for Lost Odessey. Blue Dragon is good but personally I never got into it. I'm sure it's a great game but it seems not my type which is too bad.

I can't think of what other games to recommend but maybe later when I get home. Enjoy your new 360!

arioch21
06-26-09, 08:29 AM
Street Fighter IV, unless your getting the PC version, I mainly mention this due to online play. Rock Band 2 has a huge music list with DLC if you get a HD later on, Resident Evil 5.

tornadog
06-26-09, 08:49 AM
congrats on getting your first of many more 360s :P

Lfctony
06-26-09, 12:19 PM
I enjoyed The Force Unleashed. Definitely Fight Night Round 4 and Resident Evil 5.

S.I.N
06-26-09, 02:17 PM
Blue Dragon was very meh, Lost Odessey is much better. Also Fight Night is a must buy if you like boxing (Or the Rocky films).

I spent nearly 60 hours on Blue Dragon. First JRPG I played this gen and I want more. Think I will get that Lost Odessey which you say is much better.

Lfctony
06-26-09, 02:45 PM
I spent nearly 60 hours on Blue Dragon. First JRPG I played this gen and I want more. Think I will get that Lost Odessey which you say is much better.

I actually turned the game off in disgust when that anaconda thing came on, I lost 5 times trying to kill it and then when I finally did, it spawned another one... I had such high hopes...

NarcissistZero
06-26-09, 04:57 PM
I actually turned the game off in disgust when that anaconda thing came on, I lost 5 times trying to kill it and then when I finally did, it spawned another one... I had such high hopes...

That boss was a pain, took me like 10 tries. Lost Odyssey was a bit old school in challenge, for sure. It's a great game though, I really need to finish it.

Blue Dragon I never played other than the demo... it seemed pretty terrible, though visually striking. I saw it at Gamespot the other day for $15 and thought I should get it for the hell of it.

Someone mentioned Force Unleashed, which I actually think is a pretty good game, though not as amazing as the old Jedi Knight games.