PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report Detonator FX Version: 44.03

Shimon
06-17-03, 05:19 AM
I've found the bug when I changed the colour-settings useing the "NVIDIA Media Center".
When I dont change the settings back to "hardware default" manually I get all colours mixed up after reboot.
I use it to increase the brightness for some games (like Counter Strike) and it suxx the hell out of me when i forget to switch it back befor shutdown!!!
I've got the Geforce FX 5800 Ultra and maybe somebody could help me with this bug or somebody fixes the Detonator FX??

aapo
06-17-03, 05:23 AM
It's not necessarily a bug in Detonator drivers. Could be hardware incompatibility, Windows needing reinstall, badly installed drivers etc. And there is a Detonator drivers forum, btw. This is the wrong place to talk about Dets.

EDIT: Corrected a spilleng error.

aapo
06-17-03, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Shimon
-What does Windows has to do with the graphic driver??
-The problem occures only when I use the NVIDIA Media Center...
-beside that, if you know a better place to discuss that tell me!

THX Simon

Windows (and applications that use Windows) actually tells the drivers what to draw. Things can basically go wrong in three places: 1) Windows asks the application to draw something wrong due to cumulated errors in system registry, so it's not a fault in the drivers. 2) Windows system registry is ok, and the drivers screw the picture. 3) There is a bug in the application that shows only with nVidia drivers.

The Detonator Forum on this board is located at:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

EDIT: Where did Shimon's other post go?

Shimon
06-17-03, 05:36 AM
??? fast finger you...
already got that...

aapo
06-17-03, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Shimon
??? fast finger you...
already got that...

Okay. ;)

And welcome to the board!

Shimon
06-17-03, 05:44 AM
I think that the brighness (colour settings) are not saved in the registry correctly during shutdown and windows boots up with the last settings. At the same time the Detonator wants to switch back to the settings I set as default (I set "Hardware default" as default) and here we have the mess: mixed up colours (as if youre mixing 16bit with 32bit) and some inverted colors...