PDA

View Full Version : BioWare ‘really pumped’ to work on PS3

|MaguS|
07-08-09, 10:02 AM
http://www.videogamer.com/news/bioware_really_pumped_to_work_on_ps3.html

“It's been interesting,” he said. “It's actually been quite good. We discovered a couple of things we did were pretty beneficial. We have multiple threads going for the game and it looks really great on the PS3. You can just throw them on all different processors, for example.

Zeschuk, however, said BioWare was not only getting to grips with the console, but discovering its advantages.

“It's not bad actually,” he said when asked about development struggle on the platform. “It's funny, we had extra graphic memory left over on the PS3. We were like, wow! So we actually started putting some of the audio bits in there and stuff. It's a function of effort. Overall, pretty happy with how it's turning out.”

Well atleast PS3 Only owners wont get a shoddy port of this RPG. Im still going for the PC version, but its good to see that they are putting out a quality multiplatform game.

H3avyM3tal
07-08-09, 02:06 PM
Nice :) I like Bioware, but I will get this game (if) on the PC. I hope there is hope to get ME sometime soon on the PS3.

fizzelopeguss
07-08-09, 06:11 PM
http://www.videogamer.com/news/bioware_really_pumped_to_work_on_ps3.html

Well atleast PS3 Only owners wont get a shoddy port of this RPG. Im still going for the PC version, but its good to see that they are putting out a quality multiplatform game.

Erm, terminal reality said the same sh*t. Mass effect on 360 was also a f*cking joke, i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Gotta love excitable pr-speak.

|MaguS|
07-08-09, 06:30 PM
Erm, terminal reality said the same sh*t. Mass effect on 360 was also a f*cking joke, i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Gotta love excitable pr-speak.

I think Mass Effect was decent on the X360, especially for their first UE3. The engine is pretty flawed and they put out a great looking game that ran pretty dam well on the old white machine.

Terminal Reality are just liars though, even when caught about their BS they made BS excuses when everyone knew different, Bioware on the otherhand hasn't let us down yet.

fizzelopeguss
07-08-09, 10:54 PM
Hope so, i feel sorry for ps3 only owners who have had to put up with dodgy ports.

S.I.N
07-10-09, 02:43 AM
Why is it these companies always seem to need to reassure PS3 users? If it ain't we are using only 50% of the PS3 power its crap like this.

NarcissistZero
07-10-09, 05:00 AM
I like how many statements like this we have seen, yet at the end of the day the 360 version is better 99% of the time anyway. If you're going to talk like this, at least end up releasing a quality port.

Also, if Bioware really wants to use the PS3's abilities, it will allow for mods on the PS3 version of Dragon Age. It's not like they can't do it, as UT3 proved.

|MaguS|
07-10-09, 08:32 AM
Also, if Bioware really wants to use the PS3's abilities, it will allow for mods on the PS3 version of Dragon Age. It's not like they can't do it, as UT3 proved.

Actually they mention that they are looking to put user created content on the consoles. Would be nice if that user created mapsmods using the official tools could be uploaded for approval and if approved are shared via a mod browser included with the game.

NarcissistZero
07-11-09, 02:37 AM
They'll probably release "best of" DLC packs for console... Epic did that for UT3 on PS3, they converted some of the best PC releases and released them themselves until the community got into PS3 modding.

I bet MS will bitch and moan about it though... who knows how they will work that out.

NaitoSan
10-17-09, 07:15 PM
Looks like PS3 owners won't see ME1/2 on their PS3. According to Bioware.

There is a report circulating today based on an appearance I made in Poland yesterday. Seems there was a misunderstanding about ME2 coming to PS3.

Let me clarify today: ME2 is coming to PC and X360 only. Look for them both on Jan 26 in NA and Jan 29 in Europe.

Sorry for the confusion.

http://kotaku.com/5384055/mass-effect-2-is-not-coming-to-the-ps3

Either it's not coming at all or going to be delayed in order to have a decent port for PS3.

NarcissistZero
10-17-09, 07:33 PM
I doubt it is coming... I mean, anything could happen, but I doubt it, they would have made some noise by now.

|MaguS|
10-17-09, 07:40 PM
Looks like PS3 owners won't see ME1/2 on their PS3. According to Bioware.

http://kotaku.com/5384055/mass-effect-2-is-not-coming-to-the-ps3

Either it's not coming at all or going to be delayed in order to have a decent port for PS3.

WTF does this have to do with this thread?

Zelda_fan
10-18-09, 02:39 AM
dude, it's marketing PR.

What do you think they're going to say "Sony sucks the big 1, and so does the PS3"? I mean come on... is this news worthy...

Toss3
10-18-09, 05:15 AM
dude, it's marketing PR.

What do you think they're going to say "Sony sucks the big 1, and so does the PS3"? I mean come on... is this news worthy...

+1

Just knowing that the game is being made by bioware suggests that the game will be great on all platforms.

jlippo
10-19-09, 03:25 AM
Whoa, they found out that you can throw different threads to a different processors? :eek:
;)

Toss3
10-19-09, 10:13 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/news/dragon-age-ps3-coming-nov/1465

So November 17 is the official release date of dragon age on the PS3

So, now we’ve got a firm target that isn’t too far removed from November 4th, especially when you consider BioWare Community Coordinator Chris Priestly’s comments in the Dragon Age forums stating that the famed RPG developer is “a little new to working on the PS3. It took a little longer to make sure the quality of the PS3 version was the same as the PC and Xbox 360 versions.”

Ninja Prime
10-20-09, 03:21 AM
It took a little longer to make sure the quality of the PS3 version was the same as the PC and Xbox 360 versions.

Probably had to do with how "pumped" they were and not the fact that the PS3 is an overcomplicated POS... Too much "pumpedness" makes it hard to program. ;)

crainger
10-20-09, 05:39 AM
::wonder::

I'm not pumped and I just finished Folding@Home. Ending is a huge let down BTW.

abcgamer
10-20-09, 01:35 PM
For sure I think they can make it better however it depends on engine and may be unreal engine like 360 hardware more. IF they start from scratch and make modification according to PS3 then it should look better but most games they port for, 360 to PC to PS3.

Only thing bad in PS3 is aa is little worst everything else it can do better than 360