PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Battlefield 1943 Thread***

Pages : [1] 2

mojoman0
07-08-09, 09:06 PM
I don't have a console but anyone pick it up yet? Apparently their servers already reached full capacity due to an unexpected demand.

proliferazor
07-08-09, 09:37 PM
How come this game isnt available for pc?

ViN86
07-08-09, 10:00 PM
How come this game isnt available for pc?

It's on XBL Arcade and PSN.

mojoman0
07-08-09, 10:14 PM
coming to PC September

ViN86
07-08-09, 10:20 PM
coming to PC September

Oooh danke.

fizzelopeguss
07-08-09, 10:55 PM
september lol, they're taking the p*ss.

bacon12
07-08-09, 11:40 PM
They said because this was the first game built on frostbite and it wasn't optimized for pc yet.

NarcissistZero
07-09-09, 12:55 AM
Xbox won't even let me download the demo because I'm silver... bastards.

I'll try it on PS3 tomorow.

crainger
07-09-09, 01:48 AM
Where is my free copy?!

NarcissistZero
07-09-09, 07:00 AM
I guess the "unavailable" thing earlier was a glitch, as I downloaded it later... tutorial seems cool, nice graphics, though no AA what-so-ever I think... seems polished and smooth, good analog stick controls.

I would like to play a demo game but Xbox says NO, PAY ME FOR USE OF YOUR OWN BANDWITH, to which I say thee nay.

I'll try the PS3 version online later tonight.

Lfctony
07-09-09, 08:33 AM
Hope they'll improve the PC version. Auto-Heal and Unlimited Ammo has nothing to do with BF :thumbdwn:

Why are you concerned with realism? Was Battlefield ever realistic?

ViN86
07-09-09, 09:36 AM
I guess the "unavailable" thing earlier was a glitch, as I downloaded it later... tutorial seems cool, nice graphics, though no AA what-so-ever I think... seems polished and smooth, good analog stick controls.

I would like to play a demo game but Xbox says NO, PAY ME FOR USE OF YOUR OWN BANDWITH, to which I say thee nay.

I'll try the PS3 version online later tonight.

XBL is really gay. That being said, I have a gold membership :mad:

tornadog
07-09-09, 09:45 AM
is it free?

ViN86
07-09-09, 09:51 AM
is it free?

No, its 1200 pts on XBL and $15 on PSN.

http://www.battlefield1943.com/

tornadog
07-09-09, 09:58 AM
nah not interested then

Yaboze
07-09-09, 10:01 AM
When is the demo out on PSN? I searched every category and couldn't find it today.

ViN86
07-09-09, 10:19 AM
When is the demo out on PSN? I searched every category and couldn't find it today.
According to this:

http://www.xboxstation.net/battlefield-1943-demo-available-now-xbox-live-and-tomorrow-ps-store

The demo on PSN should be available today.

Lfctony
07-09-09, 01:22 PM
It's more about strategic and tactical depth. That eliminates the support and medic classes completely...

IMO, the BF series doesn't have any depth. Its all about accumulating points for bragging rights. It's basically every man for himself. Does it have any depth at all? The requirement for co-ordination? Strategic decisions? All I see is people trying to increase their ranking by any means possible...

ViN86
07-09-09, 02:46 PM
I can't even play the demo. I can't connect to the EA Servers despite the fact I am on XBL.

This really makes me want to buy the game... :headexplode:

|MaguS|
07-09-09, 04:00 PM
There are always the score and stats whores. But it's fun to play together with friends and help each other out with different classes and abilities. That's not really possible anymore in this BF IMO. The two most important support classes are gone :thumbdwn:

Man, I hear nothing but bitching and crying from you as of late. This isn't a main BF Game, its an arcade game to lure people who were not interested in the normal BF Formula. I will give this game a try even though I HATED BF1942 and BF2 because this is more arcade like. Its designed around pick up and play, not dedication and commitment that the others required. This is NOT BF3, They will make another BF designed with the same playstyle that you want at a later time.

ViN86
07-09-09, 04:14 PM
Man, I hear nothing but bitching and crying from you as of late. This isn't a main BF Game, its an arcade game to lure people who were not interested in the normal BF Formula. I will give this game a try even though I HATED BF1942 and BF2 because this is more arcade like. Its designed around pick up and play, not dedication and commitment that the others required. This is NOT BF3, They will make another BF designed with the same playstyle that you want at a later time.

I went to try it... then I couldn't play cause I couldn't connect to the EA servers :rofl

|MaguS|
07-09-09, 04:22 PM
I went to try it... then I couldn't play cause I couldn't connect to the EA servers :rofl

Yeah EA is saying their servers are full and are trying to meet demand by adding more servers but those to are filling up. Seems like the game might be a hit.

ViN86
07-09-09, 04:26 PM
Yeah EA is saying their servers are full and are trying to meet demand by adding more servers but those to are filling up. Seems like the game might be a hit.
I will wait til I play it to decide whether I like it or not. If it's like the previous BF games, then I won't like it. But hey, you never know...

|MaguS|
07-09-09, 04:38 PM
I will wait til I play it to decide whether I like it or not. If it's like the previous BF games, then I won't like it. But hey, you never know...

Yeah thats why I want to try it out, I have heard its not alot like the other BF, it's more fast paced and action oriented then the previous games.

Maybe the PS3 version will be able to be played since they have a bette server backbone...

|MaguS|
07-09-09, 04:48 PM
That's exactly why I had to complain a lot lately. I really don't like the current trend of making things casual and accessible. The game quality is suffering from that (or at least the things I look for in a game). I mean it's understandable that every dev or publisher wants to make money but how they do it lately is just pathetic. Re-releasing old classics, useless DLCs, casual games... they make a ton of money with that pretty easily. So why invest millions in big budget games anymore?

I don't know about you but I like investing time for a game, getting to know how it works and getting better at it. Especially in multiplayer games. I'll try the PS3 demo of this new BF game and it might be fun for a few hours but I don't think it can motivate me for more than that. It simply lacks depth...

I understand where you are coming from but it still can have a ton of depth with being easy and accessible. There are plenty of games that are easy to get into and difficult to master (God of War being one). I do fear that many developers will take advantage of DLC and see it as an easy cash cow providing us then with half assed games. I don't mind it with games like this since the game itself doesn't cost much and if its fun its at a great price.

I like both type of games, I want a game I can jump in quickly and play on days I work late and days im off I don't mind sitting down to a game that requires slow and thoughtful gameplay. It's like JRPGs and MMOs for me, I can't play them anymore because I simply just don't have the time, I love them but they demand too much time.

The thing thats pissing me off, is that you go off bitching and moaning about every game without even trying to look past something that you might see as a flaw to see if you would have fun with it first. I mean I saw your comments in the CoJ thread, you bitched about it feeling "consolized" and now after a good amount of time are enjoying it more. Thankfully you have the patience to give the game sometime and not miss out on a great game... imagine how many don't do that and pass it off as a "consolized crappy port".

In short, alot of people are becoming to hardheaded in regards to games, rather then giving a game a chance they shove it off from what they hear about the game rather then experiance.

(wow long rant there, sorry)