PDA

View Full Version : Prolink GeForce 5900 Review Suggestions

Pages : [1] 2 3

volt
06-18-03, 02:15 PM
What do you guys want to see?

Tsunami
06-18-03, 02:22 PM
Well i'm getting one on tuesday so i want to see alot of good close ups on the demo's released with the cards. bored with compariosons now it's fairly obvious this is going to be the best card on the market (for 6 months anyway). A little more on the up than the down plus i would really like ATI fans to prove that nvidia AA is bad considering on UT 2003 i stood in the exact place a 9800 pro 256 ram still shot was taken i took one myself and my ti 4600 was better at aa than them.

p.s i wouldn't put an ati near my comp not a bad product but no where near nvidia

Dark Jedi
06-18-03, 02:27 PM
Being a relative newbie at NvNews, I'd just like to read the review whatever it contains. Maybe a section with the reviewer picking a selection of fairly recent games, and just playing through them for a bit, and giving an opinion on how they play and look with various tweaked settings. I know everybody won't agree with me, but be gentle, I'm new here... :D

Ady
06-18-03, 02:33 PM
No Quake 3 and Serious Sam thanks. I want to see new games tested. Raven Shield, Splinter Cell, Black hawk Down, MotoGP2 etc.

MUYA
06-18-03, 02:56 PM
DUDE for a high end...erm well 2nd High end product from nV, you will not get a card like it to play without AA and AF! Ok on Splinter Cell maybe but u get my drift! All sorts of benches with AA and AF and combos of AA and AF and loads screensots of AA and AF modes, a review that emphasizes on real game benches like what Ben did with his review or GamePC with their EVGA 5900 ultra review or even like Mike's preview of 5900 ultra! How it does in current games is paramount! :P

Cheers
MUYA

ChrisW
06-18-03, 03:56 PM
How about renaming all executables and creating custom time demos for all the games you use. Tell us exactly what settings you are using and drivers. And how about making your custom timedemos available for download so we can make sure you are not going out of your way to favor any certain IHV. Oh yeah, and none of this showing us select results for different games. Use the same settings for all charts. And how about some different games? Oh yeah, please don't use drivers that are not available to us.

Uttar
06-18-03, 04:03 PM
As I said to you on IRC, I'd like to see how playable 4xS is at high resolutions in GPU intensive games :)

Uttar

druga runda
06-18-03, 04:05 PM
Use FRAPS for in game stuff like Mike does, and teh game that I play at the moment is RCTW Enemy Territory - I am sure you will benchmark it with pleasure :D

Other than that Morrowind would be nice, and I don't remember seeing many of BF1942 tests around so use that game too ;)

deejaya
06-18-03, 04:11 PM
Loaded save-game shots with fraps running. Lots of games. Including Forgotten Battles Finland map. ;)

BigFish7
06-18-03, 04:23 PM
well i'll just make a nice list:
1.4XS under high and low resolutions.
2.alot Of IQ compares, one against the other.
3.OC modufication would be nice :) (replacing standart cooling and thermal lubricant)
5.creating custom time demos is a great idea, really good one make some and run them on 2 or more systems
6.if you can get an ATI9800pro 256MB against it it would be really great.
7.i surely hope you'll bench it on more games, meaning not only the standard benches.(use new games like rise of nations,vice city,unreal 2 would be nice too :)
8. some doom III benches will be really cool :afro:
9.temp reading while in game...
10.most important: DO it ASAP :p

thanks alot volt.
GL man...

aapo
06-18-03, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Tsunami
bored with compariosons now it's fairly obvious this is going to be the best card on the market (for 6 months anyway).

No doubt the FX5900 ultra is a good card, but I think it's not fairly obvious it's the best even now. :p

Considering the review I'd like to see everything-maxed-out tests of gamedemos. Especially FX5900 1600x1200 AF8x AA8x versus 9800pro 1600x1200 AF16x AA6x with brief image quality comparisons. And, if possible I'd like to see some game tests with bigger resolutions than 1600x1200, if there exist games with such settings. I've never seen any, however...

BigFish7
06-18-03, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by aapo
No doubt the FX5900 ultra is a good card, but I think it's not fairly obvious it's the best even now. :p

Considering the review I'd like to see everything-maxed-out tests of gamedemos. Especially FX5900 1600x1200 AF8x AA8x versus 9800pro 1600x1200 AF16x AA6x with brief image quality comparisons. And, if possible I'd like to see some game tests with bigger resolutions than 1600x1200, if there exist games with such settings. I've never seen any, however...

sigh doing that kind of comparisons is just )(@*#()*@#$()*$
it really stupid because we all know that NV's FSAA methods of 4XS+ are just STUPID AND Sucky as (@#)(@*# the thing you get from them is huge performance drop and even worst IQ .
it will just mislead people to the conclusion that the NV35 is a bad bord and it isnt'!

digitalwanderer
06-18-03, 04:36 PM
Max AA & AF highest quality everything, 1024x768 32bit, no framelimiter, v-sync ON.

Use fraps & show a few good screenshots please, thank you very much. :)

aapo
06-18-03, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by BigFish7
sigh doing that kind of comparisons is just )(@*#()*@#$()*$
it really stupid because we all know that NV's FSAA methods of 4XS+ are just STUPID AND Sucky as (@#)(@*# the thing you get from them is huge performance drop and even worst IQ .
it will just mislead people to the conclusion that the NV35 is a bad bord and it isnt'!

Hmm... you're contradicting yourself. First you say NV35's high-quality FSAA methods suck both IQ-wise and speedwise. Then you say it isn't a bad board.

I suppose a graphics board with a price such high as FX5900 or R9800 should perform well with maximum AA or AF. Besides, I thought that most of the AA performance hit of the FX5800 was fixed in FX5900 with its 256-bit memory bus.

volt
06-18-03, 04:43 PM
Good suggestions. Keep them coming. Reminder, it's not an Ultra.

Uttar
06-18-03, 04:48 PM
Good thing it isn't an Ultra too, because I'm sure many people will get that - $499 sure is a lot :)
I know I'm getting a Vanilla, that's for sure.

Uttar

ClyssaN
06-18-03, 05:22 PM
WHQL drivers and custom demos.

The Baron
06-18-03, 05:58 PM
What about in a regular 5200 review? :p

Vice City, fo' shizzle, considering I just got it yesterday and it gives me an excuse to play it ;)

What else?

StealthHawk
06-18-03, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BigFish7

No, 4xS has the best IQ of all nvidia FSAA modes....with 6xS being better in some places(and worse in others). 4xS gives better IQ than 4x...period.

StealthHawk
06-19-03, 04:02 AM
If you have time, try out this please: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13606

mikechai
06-19-03, 05:42 AM
Hi Volt,

I would like to see the frame rates when running NVIDIA DX9 demos ie dawn, time machine, ogre etc at various resolutions.
Haven't seen anyone did.

Thanks. Anticipating.

;)

Also try benching with latest drivers.

BigFish7
06-19-03, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by aapo
Hmm... you're contradicting yourself. First you say NV35's high-quality FSAA methods suck both IQ-wise and speedwise. Then you say it isn't a bad board.

I suppose a graphics board with a price such high as FX5900 or R9800 should perform well with maximum AA or AF. Besides, I thought that most of the AA performance hit of the FX5800 was fixed in FX5900 with its 256-bit memory bus.
i guess you got it all wrong !
i said that High FSAA means 4XS for me however stupid idiotic mods like 6XS and 8XS and 8X and 16X and 12X worthless they give $#$# IQ they aren't giving what is expected from them(meaning they aren't what they claimed to be)
256bit bus did fix the AA problem on high Res (i'm talking about not higher then 4XS, becuase all the other mods just suck big time).
you're geting it all wrong!
qute:"4XS+ are just STUPID " + stands for higher then 4XS...
sigh...

BigFish7
06-19-03, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
No, 4xS has the best IQ of all nvidia FSAA modes....with 6xS being better in some places(and worse in others). 4xS gives better IQ than 4x...period.
"no" what?
you're point is???
that's what i said 4XS is better then 4X ???
god you're geting wrong things from what i write or what?

bigjohns97
06-19-03, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by volt
What do you guys want to see?

Please post some ea sports games like madden, nba, tiger woods. All except nba look wonderful and should really stress the card @ 1024 4AA 8AF. Please also take some IQ comparisons with fraps running, oh yeah throw in some bf1942 also. I have never seen anyone use these games when reviewing it's always fps !!!:mad:

And it's the only reason that is keeping me from getting an ATI based product, Since these are the games i play i am afriad they are optomised for nvidia and run like crap on ati cards. Well since nobody uses them in reviews i will never know without going out and buying each card. :confused:

prodikal
06-19-03, 09:16 AM
I know the most it important thing is games but how is the DVD playback?